• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What I can't understand

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
What gets me is how laid back our support seems, had this situation been mirrored at any other club I am sure something would have been done action would have been taken, but time and time again Ron appears with a smoke screen something to dissolve the attitude and the dreamers (and yes I use to be one myself) get taken in once more and mock those who are trying to do something. I hurts when you see people just walking past others who are trying to protest it just feels like nobody cares, you could say the club needs all the money it can get, NO RON needs all the money he can get

We need to be cruel to be kind here the ultimate call for action will be to show the owner i.e Ron that with him running the club Southend is not a returnable investment this is what we need to realise if we get a new ground WE WILL NOT OWN IT!!! now if Ron wanted us to own it why create a separate stadium operating company?

I think some people on here need to take a look at themselves before they harp on about people protesting.

What gets me is how laid back our support seems, had this situation been mirrored at any other club I am sure something would have been done action would have been taken, but time and time again Ron appears with a smoke screen something to dissolve the attitude and the dreamers (and yes I use to be one myself) get taken in once more and mock those who are trying to do something. I hurts when you see people just walking past others who are trying to protest it just feels like nobody cares, you could say the club needs all the money it can get, NO RON needs all the money he can get

We need to be cruel to be kind here the ultimate call for action will be to show the owner i.e Ron that with him running the club Southend is not a returnable investment this is what we need to realise if we get a new ground WE WILL NOT OWN IT!!! now if Ron wanted us to own it why create a separate stadium operating company?

I think some people on here need to take a look at themselves before they harp on about people protesting.

Great post seems its all been forgotten about now. We will not give up

It comes back to the protest having no organisation or direction.

What do you want as a protester? "RON OUT NOW!?"... honestly, what do you think would happen if he walked?

If the Sainsburys thing is true (that on Thursday they are giving us a written guarantee), then there isnt much else to say. We wont go under, we wont go into admin, the players will be paid, the debts will be paid off, the project for the new stadium continues and we have what looks like a decent team and manager at the helm for the new season.

Where is the protest there?

Is Sturrock just a smokescreen then????

Of course it is.
Look at the vitriol on here the Sunday Tilson got sacked.
24-36 hours later it was a different story as the announcement of PS as manager had seemingly calmed most of the masses down! Another carefully calculated way of putting up a smokescreen to hide what had really gone on!

Of course it is.
Look at the vitriol on here the Sunday Tilson got sacked.
24-36 hours later it was a different story as the announcement of PS as manager had seemingly calmed most of the masses down! Another carefully calculated way of putting up a smokescreen to hide what had really gone on!

Cannot understand your constant negativity. You say you 'love southend'? Sounds like you hate Ron and love tilson more?...

There is no 'smokescreen', every knows what went on, but time moves on. Tilson is history, yes it's sad etc etc etc. But we have to keep moving forward, keep looking to the next milestone of survival.

By all means be cautious of Ron and we need to keep a close eye on things, but I don't think anyone is under any illusion as to the problems behind the scenes, no need for any smoke screens.

You've been on eggheads, you must be an intelligent chap - why the seeming lack of common sense?

Doesnt matter who buys us, SUFC will still not own the stadium.

Do you think the consortium or whoever will come in and give the stadium to the fans for free?

As for your post, personally I want to see things getting better and they are on the pitch at least. The financial situation is still unresolved and until I see that wages and bills are being paid Im not going to have any confidence in Ron Martin.

The main factor is that protesting yesterday had no purpose.

What was it to achieve ?

If it was to tell Ron Martin that people arent happy then he already knows that.

Im afraid fans are fickle, if we were in the play offs last year people would be far more forgiving of the finances, you could even sense a more positive atmosphere yesterday when we were playing well, with song for Sturrock being started.

We shouldnt be complacent though, Ron Martin has a long way to go to even start to put this club back on a financial footing and I still dont see how he will do it.

now if Ron wanted us to own it why create a separate stadium operating company?

That would be the tax implications of transfering/selling property. Selling / transfering a company which owns land (and therefore moving the ownership of the land) is considerable cheaper than selling land/properties as the former incurs tax for the seller whereas the latter incurs stamp duty at a much higher rate . Its a standard procedure in the property development / ownership business and may well account for why RM has 29 different companies

(Apologies For those who have read this several times before in other threads)

I would say lets see how the season starts, give the new starters a chance and I dont mean 30 mins in the first game, lets all give the new players at least till the end of October to find their feet. As for the board of directors, I want to see promises kept and no more appearences in court if that doesnt happen then we should protest but away from the playing area

Do you think the consortium or whoever will come in and give the stadium to the fans for free?

As for your post, personally I want to see things getting better and they are on the pitch at least. The financial situation is still unresolved and until I see that wages and bills are being paid Im not going to have any confidence in Ron Martin.

What was it to achieve ?

If it was to tell Ron Martin that people arent happy then he already knows that.

Im afraid fans are fickle, if we were in the play offs last year people would be far more forgiving of the finances, you could even sense a more positive atmosphere yesterday when we were playing well, with song for Sturrock being started.

We shouldnt be complacent though, Ron Martin has a long way to go to even start to put this club back on a financial footing and I still dont see how he will do it.

Think we are already in that process. By getting rid of the players (by whatever unscrupulous means) on high wages, learning the lesson never to do that again and to get a guarantee from sainsburys to cover our bills is about all he can do at the moment and push on with the stadium.

I think thats all any of us can ask at the moment?

Cannot understand your constant negativity. You say you 'love southend'? Sounds like you hate Ron and love tilson more?...

You've been on eggheads, you must be an intelligent chap - why the seeming lack of common sense?

I'd say the same about you. You're obviously intelligent and hold a great deal of affection for Southend United. However, no matter if the time was right to offload ST, you cannot deny it was carried out in a distinctly underhand way. Also, again I still say part of the reason Martin played the whole affair like he did was to water down the removal of a club legend.

As others have said, especially people who've been to far more matches than me over the years, there is still something endemically wrong and this just does not feel like the club it once was. "Not in my name" and all that.

Oh & OK, in other threads I guess there is an element of sounding like a broken record, but how is what I said a couple of hours ago, negative? It pretty much only states the facts as far as I can see.

Last edited:
Can we just have one thread about all protesting, hatred, negativity because personally I am bored to the back teeth of constant new thread starting.

You talk of a smokescreen ?? What smokescreen? If there was still no manager in place, nor players, yet Martin was promising these, then yep, agreed, that would be a smokescreen ! However, last time I checked, we have a new management team (whether you love Tilly or not, he has gone !!) and players last night!

We as of yet have not gone into administration , notwithstanding all the opportunities for this to happen.

Yes I continue to be concerned, but what are you protesting about. For the last time, Ron will not sack himself !!

The consortium that continues to be mentioned, why are they a better option, no one knows, the Ron haters keep proposing them, but know NOTHING about them !

Worked well for Notts County last year, big investment and all the talk of new money - wow that nearly ended worse than we are in now !! Yes they got promoted, carried by players that they could not afford, schmecial and hughes to name two ! Also Bournemouth got promoted and unless my homework is wrong they are in an indentical position as we are, ie transfer embargo etc !!

You know what, even if we had no money worries, I still think that Tilly may have gone. Yes Tilly is quite rightly a legend,but sometimes a change of guard is needed.

Have I given up, given up on what I ask! I don't trust the consortium, just because some of them support Southend, they are still local business men that are not rich enough like abramvich etc to pump money into Southend for no personal return themselves, now anyone that believes that must be in cloud cuckoo land !

Football is an exensive hobby, to watch and run, and only billionaires have the money to lose in football, not the ron martins of this world.

If Ron makes money from Southend with the ground etc, then surely that would mean that we have the new ground. I played at Roots Hall this year, it is tired, old and a shambles - we have to move , full stop !!

I have no point other than, sometimes, its better the devil you know, than a dream of change that would put us in no better position, unless of course there is a russian southend oligarch out there !!

Utb's

Ps ; apologies, this rant was typed on a blackberry, whilst being on holiday, spelling and facts may not be 100 % correct - but my feelings and own personal opinions are !!

Great post TTS, Think protesting is actually pointless. Apart from the financial side of southend which is an obvious problem, We are going forward, New Manager New Team New Belief. Tilson had his time, got bored of same old press conference after each game, and waiting for the 75th minute for a sub, when losing never going for it as in throwing on as many forwards as possible towards end of game to salvage something.
Sturrock and Widdrington look like they have things under control, good eyes for talent

What was it to achieve ?

What he said.

Back