• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
I heard some interesting things away at oxford.

Granty is going. He wants a higher level of football and clubs are interested and currently negitiating a move of around 150k to a league 1 outfit.

Paul sturrock is very close friends with both harry redknapp and sir alex and both of which have offered us 3 bright prospects on season long loans.

This was offered at the start of the season , but finances were not resolved and we had an influx of new players and sturrock didnt feel it was the right time. PS is now very keen to get these youngsters in but must lose a few of our current squad for this to happen which he is working on.

Paul is trying to bring a player in that he saw in the french leagues whilst scouting earlier in the season and this may happen in the next few days.

Paul also admitted that some of the signings made at the start of the season would never have been made , but were panic signings to get us through. He hopes to offload 6+ from the current squad and bring in the same again with a decent amount of loanees.

I also heard that we have tabled a bid for torquays Benyon who sturrock enquired about at the start of the season , but ron would not sanction the deal. Im guessing that granty going for money
may be the deciding factor in this one.

And finally , enquires have been made regarding bilel , but he has settled here really well and has said he wants to stay with blues.

The person i spoke to is usually in the know with these things , but ofcourse time will tell.

Anybody else heard any of this to substantiate.

And finally , enquires have been made regarding bilel , but he has settled here really well and has said he wants to stay with blues.

The person i spoke to is usually in the know with these things , but ofcourse time will tell.

I know this is true though people laughed when I said this at the beginning of the season in that Wolves wnted to sign him after the cup game for quite a large fee with add-ons with a view to loaning him back to us for the whole season - this was from a very recent ex-Director of the club - Bilel is a class act with HUGE potential

All sounds like positive stuff, and with fergie throwing his toys out the pram and recalling his players from Preston, seems a possibility,

I do seem to remember something about Benyon around the time the loan window shut. Didn't he sign an extended deal with them?

He may well have done , but its always the same in a cash deal. If he wants to go and the club need the cash it will happen

I see that Jack Midson went back to Oxford and was on the bench for the game v Macclesfield but was left out of the squad v Southend...........A return for Midson????

Well lets see what happens no one has gone yet but we have signed a player so I expect moves soon, I agree with point about panic signings to make a squad, but one or two are good Boshni is one of them! I expect Grant to go and while I think he is good I dont think he is the best and we have others at this level and his wages may allow a couple of players in. The Man Utd and Spurs links could be useful, but we need tolook longer term as well.

I do seem to remember something about Benyon around the time the loan window shut. Didn't he sign an extended deal with them?

All that I can find on the Torquay OS is that he signed an extension to his contract a year ago, which runs out this summer, which if that is still the case, means that Torquay may look to get some money in for him like we did with Barney last year.

It seems that Swindon are interested - they had an offer for him rejected in November, and this article seems to suggest that Torquay may well listen to offers this month, and that Swindon may well go for him.

All that I can find on the Torquay OS is that he signed an extension to his contract a year ago, which runs out this summer, which if that is still the case, means that Torquay may look to get some money in for him like we did with Barney last year.

It seems that Swindon are interested - they had an offer for him rejected in November, and this article seems to suggest that Torquay may well listen to offers this month, and that Swindon may well go for him.

With Charlie Austin apparently set to replace Morrison at Millwall, I'd say Swindon would be the most likely destination for him.

If Swindon are interested they may well have the cash as it looks like Austin will be leaving them.

I am assuming Zaaboub will join Spencer on their way out - neither of them even made the bench yesterday despite us being short of bodies.

Back