• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question what if it all goes to the last game of the season ?

CC51DAS

President
Unlikely it may be but allow your imagination to conjur up a scenario where :

- we have won 5 out of the next 6 and drawn the other game.

- we reach the last game of the season with three clubs in contention for the sixth spot - Scunthorpe and Tranmere who play each other - and us

- the other two cancel each other out and finish with a draw.

So all we have to do is beat bottom club Cheltenham :whistling:

Unlikely it may be but allow your imagination to conjur up a scenario where :

- we have won 5 out of the next 6 and drawn the other game.

- we reach the last game of the season with three clubs in contention for the sixth spot - Scunthorpe and Tranmere who play each other - and us

- the other two cancel each other out and finish with a draw.

So all we have to do is beat bottom club Cheltenham :whistling:

And Leon Constantine scores a late winner for them and then moons RM for not giving him a better deal!

Last season Port Vale were right down the bottom in our last home game and I seem to remember we drew 2-2.
I would be worried so far this season we have lost to 6 of the bottom 10 and we also lost to Cheltenham 1-0 AET in the Carling Cup, we may have improved but I wouldn't be getting too confident

We would be in a lot of trouble we haven't beaten Cheltenham in normal time in over 2 years. I'm hoping that we are either out of contention or have got our play off spot because I wouldn't be confident.

Last season Port Vale were right down the bottom in our last home game and I seem to remember we drew 2-2.

1-1 actually.

In response to the original post, I thought things might go this way before our defeat at Swindon. To be honest now, I just think we'll come up a couple of points short of 6th spot.

If it goes to the last game of the season I shall have less hair than I have now and will have upped my consumption of blood pressure pills considerably.And if we do miss out by 3 or 4 points I will be fretting about all those games where we might have scrapped a point or should have won games we didn't that would have made the the difference.

Up the Blues what a club.

Forget it, it wont happen. a better idea would be to give us the north bank for this game as Cheltenham will already be relegated and probably wont muster more than 50 fans, who can quite easily be seated in a little section in the north east corner.

I believe that Port Vale result/performance was more due to the fact that we'd secured our play off spot already ... IF (massive, huge enormous etc... IF) we need to beat (a more than likely already relegated) Cheltenhan on the last day to have a sniff of the play offs i'm pretty confident we will beat them soundly .. IMO we will be 4 or 5 points shy come the final day so it's immaterial at this stage

i think alot of teams fear coming to roots hall and are more than happy if they can come away with a point. When we dont play well then we lose narrowly, when we play well its normally 1-0 or 3-0.

Our problem is defending away from home, only cheltenham and hereford have conceded more away from home. This must be our priority as it is clear that our away defending is the only real reason along with a lack of creativity in midfield at times that means we are not a top 6 side.

I believe that Port Vale result/performance was more due to the fact that we'd secured our play off spot already ... IF (massive, huge enormous etc... IF) we need to beat (a more than likely already relegated) Cheltenham on the last day to have a sniff of the play offs i'm pretty confident we will beat them soundly .. IMO we will be 4 or 5 points shy come the final day so it's immaterial at this stage

I don't wish to say i told you so but ...

i think alot of teams fear coming to roots hall and are more than happy if they can come away with a point. When we dont play well then we lose narrowly, when we play well its normally 1-0 or 3-0.

Our problem is defending away from home, only cheltenham and hereford have conceded more away from home. This must be our priority as it is clear that our away defending is the only real reason along with a lack of creativity in midfield at times that means we are not a top 6 side.

We have lost too many home games this season, apart from the goal difference our away record is actually quite good now (and most of the goals were conceded in the first half of the season).

Back