• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What If we had no injuries

Maldon Shrimper

First XI⭐
After Saturdays poor performance and hopefully to lighted the mood i was wondering what team CP would put out if we were injury free.

My team would be

Goalkeeper of Oxley not really sure as our so call 3rd choice has been pretty good

Defenders of Demitreo,Coker.Lennon ,Taylor-Moore

Midfield Dru Dieng Macca or Kitts frankly the last two there form has been poor all season

Strikers Humpreys,Hopper and Cox.

Of course will never know but thought worth a debate

After Saturdays poor performance and hopefully to lighted the mood i was wondering what team CP would put out if we were injury free.

My team would be

Goalkeeper of Oxley not really sure as our so call 3rd choice has been pretty good

Midfield Dru Dieng Macca or Kitts frankly the last two there form has been poor all season

Kiernan would be a definite starter for me, as would Barret

Oxley
Demi. Kiernan/Lennon. Moore. Coker.
Yearwood. Hyam. Manton.
Cox
Humphrys. Hooper.

Subs Bishop. Elvis. Kiernan/Lennon. Hendrie/Kyp. Bunn. Kightly. Dieng/Barret

It is difficult to say as we haven't seen enough of Lennon and Barratt to know,

Definitely top 5 no doubt.
It’s also not just the physical absence of players it’s also a psychological one.

Never in a millon years would we be top 5 without any injuries.

I think we would be in that group at the top, maybe around Peterboro and Doncaster pushing for the last play-off spot.

You are always going to get injuries during a season (just not so many long term ones), so Demietriou would still be missing, Oxley would still be missing, Lennon for a bit, Hyam, Bunn etc.

The only long term absentees that have effected the team are Coker and Hopper, and maybe Barrett to a certain extent, but he has played less professinal minutes than Wabo.

When I hear stats that CP has 12 first team players unavailable, thats just rubbish. That includes Gard, (up coming youngster, maybe would of been on the bench a few times), Kyprianou, (youngster, squad player at best at this stage of his career), Barrett, (untired non league player), Kiernan, (not kicked a ball in 2 years), Hendrie, (again squad player at best).

At a push its 5 in Demi, Oxley, Hopper, Coker and maybe Bunn/Hyam.

Never in a millon years would we be top 5 without any injuries

I think we would be in that group at the top, maybe around Peterboro and Doncaster pushing for the last play-off spot.

Hmm Ok, but...

I think that the injuries have made life difficult, but it has masked, and hidden what ultimately has been poor selections, poor tactics, poor fitness and work ethic, poor man management, poor transfer dealings and complete inept running of the club since CP took over.

I’m confused. So, without the injuries, we’d still be a play-off chasing team, despite Powell’s inability to run the club well?

Never in a millon years would we be top 5 without any injuries.

You are always going to get injuries during a season (just not so many long term ones), so Demietriou would still be missing, Oxley would still be missing, Lennon for a bit, Hyam, Bunn etc.

The only long term absentees that have effected the team are Coker and Hopper, and maybe Barrett to a certain extent, but he has played less professinal minutes than Wabo.

When I hear stats that CP has 12 first team players unavailable, thats just rubbish. That includes Gard, (up coming youngster, maybe would of been on the bench a few times), Kyprianou, (youngster, squad player at best at this stage of his career), Barrett, (untired non league player), Kiernan, (not kicked a ball in 2 years), Hendrie, (again squad player at best).

At a push its 5 in Demi, Oxley, Hopper, Coker and maybe Bunn/Hyam.

Sam Barratt has featured in every first team match for Powell that he's been available for. He may or may not be any good (although personally I thought he looked good in that limited time) but he was clearly in Chris Powell's first team plans.

Kiernan's probably the most frustrating injury of all for Powell as he's got nothing out of him yet he is on a first team wage and eating up his budget.

Kyprianou and Hendrie are first team squad players. It seems a legitimate gripe to include them in the list of the injured when we haven't even had a defender warming the bench in recent weeks. Their unavailability has meant we're unable to rest other players who may have knocks. That has a knock on (pun unintended) effect.

Only Gard is a bit of a push, although he was injured in what was technically a first team game.

FWIW with an ordinary amount of injuries I think we would be just a little bit higher in the table but performances would have been more cohesive which would quell the disquiet in the fanbase.

What If we had no injuries?

Bang would go the balloon flying the only excuse still trotted out. The injuries have had an impact but there are other serious issues going on. Selections/tactics/motivation ? Take your pick and they can all do with improvement.

My team would be

My team would be

Not a bad assessment EXCEPT,you state injury-free,you’ve left out arguably our 2 most effective midfielders at this level for now:Mantom and abysm.

Back