• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What if...

rabbloke

Coach
What if Petts could be converted to a right-back? His tackling would keep the opposition at bay. His engine would take a load of the defensive duties and whoever plays in front of him on the right of midfield could get on with the job of attacking without worrying about the slot behind him. My only worry though is that his distribution would indicate passes sideways across the front of goal. Any thoughts?
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ Dec. 01 2005,18:34)]What if Petts could be converted to a right-back? His tackling would keep the opposition at bay. His engine would take a load of the defensive duties and whoever plays in front of him on the right of midfield could get on with the job of attacking without worrying about the slot behind him. My only worry though is that his distribution would indicate passes sideways across the front of goal. Any thoughts?
rock.gif
If we had a centre-half emergency and Hunt had to be pushed inside short-term I'd rather see Petts in at RB than Juppy, I have to be honest.

Personally I reckon Hunt and Barrett would be a decent partnership in the middle but Lewis has done so well at RB he'd definitely be a loss there.

There's nothing wrong with playing Hunt at right back. He's done fine in that position so far.

Petts isn't a natrual right-back, so I'd still prefer Jupp as a stand-in if Lewis were to get injured.

I don't think it'd work, as a full back especially with the pace of our centre halves, the full backs have to get across and cover if the reverse flank is exposed, usually placed in the 6 yard box cutting out crosses and intercepting them. Pettefer isn't tall enough to head away any crosses, and he'd also be out muscled by most target men. So as a full back...not in my opinion i've never seen a 5'4 full back before. They have to be able to challenge headers.

flahavan would be very busy with so many back passes

Back