• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What if???

leeblue

Members⭐
What if the england squad got wiped out in a tragic boating accident, pick another squad???? not an easy task.

GKs
Ruddy, Stockdale, Butland

DFs
Flannagan, shawcross, stones , Lescott, caulker, cole (out of retirement) and Terry, Gibbs.

MFs
Carrick, Lennon, cleverley, Zaha, Noble, osman, rodwell, parker

CFs
Carroll, hooper, berahino, defoe

just off the top of my head really, im sure i missed a few southampton players out.

Interesting question. Off the top of my big head:

GK: Ruddy, Stockdale, Green

D: Flanagan, Richards, Shawcross, C. Davies, Caulker, Dawson, Cole, Gibbs

M: Lennon, Carrick, Noble, Barry, Huddlestone, Shelvey, A. Johnson, Puncheon

F: Crouch, Defoe, Nugent, Hooper

Don't think that squad would get through the group stages!

Last edited:
I don't think the one we have will :unsure:

Stop ******* the damn air out of the damn room man will you man!?

It's the World Cup and I demand the opportunity to get excited, over-excited and then ultimately disappointed (or not... see? How easy I bounce back?). It's my right. The odds of disappointment are heavy but, for me, you just can't beat the passion, expectancy, hope and "just ****ing imagine!!!" that football delivers if you get behind the team. Try it, you might like it!!

:happy:

Great thread BTW. Don't know where to even start...

Stop ******* the damn air out of the damn room man will you man!?

It's the World Cup and I demand the opportunity to get excited, over-excited and then ultimately disappointed (or not... see? How easy I bounce back?). It's my right. The odds of disappointment are heavy but, for me, you just can't beat the passion, expectancy, hope and "just ****ing imagine!!!" that football delivers if you get behind the team. Try it, you might like it!!

:happy:

Great thread BTW. Don't know where to even start...

Yes dad, sorry dad. Go England! :happy:

What if the england squad got wiped out in a tragic boating accident, pick another squad???? not an easy task.

GKs
Ruddy, Stockdale, Butland

DFs
Flannagan, shawcross, stones , Lescott, caulker, cole (out of retirement) and Terry, Gibbs.

MFs
Carrick, Lennon, cleverley, Zaha, Noble, osman, rodwell, parker

CFs
Carroll, hooper, berahino, defoe

just off the top of my head really, im sure i missed a few southampton players out.

Sound choices but I wouldn't put Hooper in the Southend squad.

I'd probably be boring and just take the U21s.

Anyone else visualising about Roy and the team taking the titanic across to Brazil and ending up lying on a wardrobe in the freezing sea. Trying to push Rooney off it so 3 players can fit in his place!

Id probably go

Bentley Smith Smith

White Coker Prosser Bennett Philips

Leonard Timlin Straker Hurst Laird Atkinson Clifford

Barney

I suppose we could supplement that with 7 Prem players, but I'm not sure it is worth ruining their summer if they won't get a game.

It's worrying how hard this becomes!

Ruddy, Butland, Green

Cole, Terry, Caulker, Stones, Flanagan, Walker, Richards

A. Johnson, Carrick, Lennon, Barry, Cleverly, Osman, Rodwell, Parker, Zaha

Carroll, Defoe, Crouch, Hooper

Id probably go

Bentley Smith Smith

Barney

I suppose we could supplement that with 7 Prem players, but I'm not sure it is worth ruining their summer if they won't get a game.

Are you mad?

Why have you left out Corr? I know he's technically Irish but he's lived over here long enough that he probably qualifies and is any rate more eligible than Straker who is already an international and Timlin and Clifford who have played u21 football for Ireland.

Interesting question. Off the top of my big head:

GK: Ruddy, Stockdale, Green

D: Flanagan, Richards, Shawcross, C. Davies, Caulker, Dawson, Cole, Gibbs

M: Lennon, Carrick, Noble, Barry, Huddlestone, Shelvey, A. Johnson, Puncheon

F: Crouch, Defoe, Nugent, Anichebe

Don't think that squad would get through the group stages!

Victor Anichebe? The Nigerian International?

Id probably go

Bentley Smith Smith

Barney

Anthony Straker? The Grenadian International? Plus Marc Laird is Scottish.

Are you mad?

Why have you left out Corr? I know he's technically Irish but he's lived over here long enough that he probably qualifies and is any rate more eligible than Straker who is already an international and Timlin and Clifford who have played u21 football for Ireland.

U21 doesn't count. You can still play for a different country. Of course I was working on the assumption that Corr is Irish, but if he's never played for them (which I think may be the case) then he may qualify through residency. Please accept my apologies for the oversight.

Victor Anichebe? The Nigerian International?

Anthony Straker? The Grenadian International? Plus Marc Laird is Scottish.

I think Laird has lived here long enough to qualify through residency, even if he can't through any other means.

Straker is there because we need an ineligible player to give the other teams a chance!

GK - John Ruddy, Jack Butland, Jonathan Bond
DF - Kyle Walker, Stephen Caulker, Ashley Cole, Kieran Gibbs, Curtis Davies, Michael Dawson, Nathaniel Clynne, Carl Jenkinson
MF - Michael Carrick, Tom Cleverly, Adam Johnson, Kevin Nolan, Nathan Redmond, Jonjo Shelvey, Tom Ince, Leon Osman
FW - Jermanine Defoe, Andy Carroll, Wilfred Zaha, Saido Berahino,

Assuming that the management team has also been lost and that retired players are still retired and the injured haven't had miraculous recoveries...

Ruddy, Butland, Stockdale; Stones, Flanagan, Gibbs, Jenkinson, Caulker, Davies, Clyne, Shawcross; Carrick, Cleverley, Young, Ward-Prowse, Morrison, Barry, Lennon, Delph; Wickham, Ings, Campbell, Carroll

First XI: Ruddy, Jenkinson, Caulker, Shawcross, Gibbs; Carrick, Barry; Young, Morrison, Lennon; Wickham

Managed by Steve McClaren.

Back