• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ozzer

Coach⭐⭐
Probably not the best time to post immediately after another frustrating match but here goes. After threatening to change the team and doing nothing Phil finally shakes things up and brings Jack Payne in to the team. He has a threatening shot after a few minutes and gets our goal. Any threat on their goal seems to involve Jack. What does Phil do? He takes him off and brings on the players who have been ineffective in the last few weeks. Was Payne injured? I hope so, otherwise I have serious concerns about Phil's strategy. After Payne's departure, Oxford, who have done nothing, get more and more into the game and equalise through a contentious penalty. Again, we should have been further ahead by then as we had most of the game but couldn't score. Ok, Leonard got booked so had to be careful and Clifford had an off game but our players are not poor, compared with other squads, so what is going wrong? Why are we not getting the goals? Can anyone tell me?

Last edited:
I said to my dad ten minutes before Payne came off that I thought he should be subbed soon because he was tiring. Brown did the right thing there. The discussion should centre around White who has no captaincy qualities whatsoever. Strip him of the captaincy and give it to Prosser. White is not fit to wear the captains armband. Give it to someone who can rally the troops. If I was going into battle White is the last person I'd follow.

Thompson to right back? Bolger and Mads Centre, Prosser left back ,as Coker same injury as Timlin? If nothing else would be a problem at set pieces? Or Worrell left back ?

He was obviously tired and there is no point in thrashing him to death this early in the season - I would have thought that was obvious!

He was obviously tired and there is no point in thrashing him to death this early in the season - I would have thought that was obvious!

You may be right, although at his age you can run all day. Nevertheless, after he went off the team was ineffective in front of goal and we let Oxford into the match.

Thought shaq was pants. Did he contribute anything at all today? Never ever challenges for the ball especially on the air. Seems afraid he's going to get hurt or he can't be ar*ed!!

I said to my dad ten minutes before Payne came off that I thought he should be subbed soon because he was tiring. Brown did the right thing there. The discussion should centre around White who has no captaincy qualities whatsoever. Strip him of the captaincy and give it to Prosser. White is not fit to wear the captains armband. Give it to someone who can rally the troops. If I was going into battle White is the last person I'd follow.

Have agree both me and the Oldman thought we lacked an inspirational figure to rally the troops, we were both impressed with Oxfords no 3 who was ordering the defence where to be, it's something we did not have.

Thompson to right back? Bolger and Mads Centre, Prosser left back ,as Coker same injury as Timlin? If nothing else would be a problem at set pieces? Or Worrell left back ?

Are you ****ed? Worrell a right winger to play at left back! That will really help our defensive frailties

You don't have to be a vocal in your face type to be a good captain. I think you'll find that John is a very well respected captain.

You don't have to be a vocal in your face type to be a good captain. I think you'll find that John is a very well respected captain.
Genuine question, what does he bring to the table 're the captaincy? I just don't get it abd don't know what I am missing. If moaning at the ref is a captain s skill then I would understand (and this is not kneejeck- I have always thought this)

Genuine question, what does he bring to the table 're the captaincy? I just don't get it abd don't know what I am missing. If moaning at the ref is a captain s skill then I would understand (and this is not kneejeck- I have always thought this)
Talk to the younger players, talk to PB. He has similarities with Adam Barrett in his qualities, just because he hasn't been a Southend supporter forever and a day doesn't mean he's no good.

I think the one player we do miss most is obvious. It's Timlin.
Yes, and I've been saying as much for a while. Lenny is having to take responsibility that he's not ready for. Tims has a lot of captaincy qualities and he controls the midfield.

I do think we need to ask what is going on?
This was my first game today as I had been too poorly to attend the other games and the first thing that I noticed was how "flat" the team was. I felt there was no cohesion between them and I could not work out why seeing as most of those players out on the pitch were in the team last year. Just maybe they still have not come down from last season and the disappointment.

I do think we need to ask what is going on?
This was my first game today as I had been too poorly to attend the other games and the first thing that I noticed was how "flat" the team was. I felt there was no cohesion between them and I could not work out why seeing as most of those players out on the pitch were in the team last year. Just maybe they still have not come down from last season and the disappointment.

Really?

There wasn't much that was flat in the first half. It might have been the first thing you noticed in the 2nd half but we nearly scored inside 30 seconds of the match starting so if you thought that was flat we're in trouble!!

Back