• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

UK clock changes have put back the live 3pm kick offs until 11pm. The earlier game becomes 830 which would work except for the fact my own game today kicks off at 630pm and the ground is 45 mins from town so by the time I've had a shower we're close to 10pm for the bar.

For any plane buffs among you my venue today is directly underneath what remains of the infamous checkerboard for the approach into the old HK Airport. For anyone that doesn't know how interesting this was YouTube has plenty of clips. Also the flying instructions into the airport were basically ignore the computer and if you haven't banked long before the checkerboard say hi to the mountains.

For any plane buffs among you my venue today is directly underneath what remains of the infamous checkerboard for the approach into the old HK Airport. For anyone that doesn't know how interesting this was YouTube has plenty of clips. Also the flying instructions into the airport were basically ignore the computer and if you haven't banked long before the checkerboard say hi to the mountains.

Thank you for that, I went and did a search and sitting watching this, listening to the theme from 633 Squadron has brought a smile to my face this morning! Fascinating! [video=youtube;3PCOcyt7BPI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PCOcyt7BPI[/video]

Made the mistake of buying some ready made egg mayo for that Sunday teatime taste.

Disappointing. Reduced to 35p as well so let's hope there are no knock on effects.

I did it for an easier life and more interesting work. This also doesn't take into account pension, healthcare etc. etc.

I know how well contractors are paid - we had one that refused to go permie at NR as he'd lose to much.

I worked 10 months at a major power company, I was paid the same as full-time employees.

I worked three and a half years at a US bank.

I got paid more than a regular employee at VP level however there is no pension, holiday pay, sick pay or redundancy.

Then again no one is particularly safe at a bank when the axe starts swinging. The money was good and if you pay yourself through a limited company then there are tax benefits. I justified this as compensation for having to provide my own safety net and for taking an entrepreneurial risk.

Fireworks on 6th November. There should be a law......:angry:

I did a bit of digging to see what the law is on fireworks and I was surprised by what I found.

You can let fireworks off at any time of the year and any day of the week including Sundays, but you must only let them off between 7 am and 11 pm.

Exceptions to the 11pm rule are:

• November 5th - You can let fireworks off until midnight.
  • Diwali: You can let fireworks off until 1 am.
  • December 31st You can let fireworks off until 1 am.
  • Chinese New Year: You can let fireworks off until 1 am.

Back