• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I did a bit of digging to see what the law is on fireworks and I was surprised by what I found.

You can let fireworks off at any time of the year and any day of the week including Sundays, but you must only let them off between 7 am and 11 pm.

Exceptions to the 11pm rule are:

• November 5th - You can let fireworks off until midnight.
  • Diwali: You can let fireworks off until 1 am.
  • December 31st You can let fireworks off until 1 am.
  • Chinese New Year: You can let fireworks off until 1 am.

Already got a frazzled child after a few day of enforced late nights. Really gets on my tits.

Good old blighty and it's English Traditions, guy fawkes night until midnight, but on those most sacred of historical dates in our nations history (namely Diwali & Chinese New Year) the buggers can keep letting them off until 1am. :unsure:

Good old blighty and it's English Traditions, guy fawkes night until midnight, but on those most sacred of historical dates in our nations history (namely Diwali & Chinese New Year) the buggers can keep letting them off until 1am. :unsure:

If you look at it from a modern day perspective, on Guy Fawkes night we celebrate a failed terrorist attack on our sovereignty & democracy.

..still think we should be able to let fireworks off til 1 like the rest:thumbdown:i

If you look at it from a modern day perspective, on Guy Fawkes night we celebrate a failed terrorist attack on our sovereignty & democracy.

..still think we should be able to let fireworks off til 1 like the rest:thumbdown:i

Not the ones I found tucked away. They are 4 years old, best not risk it.

Chinese New Year and Diwali are bigger deals for their respective communities than Guy Fawkes Night is in general, so I'm fine with that.

I think it is disgusting that people are allowed to let fireworks off until 1am on Diwali and Chinese new year yet we are banned from drinking in pubs and relating vaguely racist anecdotes on St Georges Day.

Isn't it up until 1am because, like NYE, it's allowing celebrating the new year at midnight, whereas Bonfire Night is usually celebrated about 6-7pm?

It seems odd that we celebrate something that didn't happen. Using that logic, I'll celebrate my debut gig at Madison Square Gardens on Friday!

I think you'll find we're celebrating the fact that some Catholics were caught, horribly tortured and mutilated, and then killed. Yippee!

I did a bit of digging to see what the law is on fireworks and I was surprised by what I found.

You can let fireworks off at any time of the year and any day of the week including Sundays, but you must only let them off between 7 am and 11 pm.

Exceptions to the 11pm rule are:

• November 5th - You can let fireworks off until midnight.
  • Diwali: You can let fireworks off until 1 am.
  • December 31st You can let fireworks off until 1 am.
  • Chinese New Year: You can let fireworks off until 1 am.

There was a talksport interview with Ally McCoist talking about how he brought fireworks from Paul Gascoigne once at Rangers. Ally was saying that he was in the changing room saying that he wanted to get some fireworks and do a display for his kids when Gazza said he could get him £100 boxes of fireworks for a tenner. McCoist said he'd take two and Gazza said they are a bit dodgy so go and meet Jimmy 5 bellies behind one particular stand at 8pm, so he did and gave Jimmy £20 and loaded two black binliners of fireworks into his car. When he got home and looked at them they had a big warning sign saying make sure all spectators are at least 50 metres away! Anyway the next night there was a function and Ally was talking to Gazza about the fireworks and Gazza said he would let off one of the rockets when he got home. Gazza lived in the next village to Ally and thought it would be a good test as to how powerful they really are. So they all get home about 2ish and Gazza phones Ally and says right I'm going to point the rocket towards your village and see if you can see it, so Ally waits a few minutes and nothing, so he goes up to bed. About 5 mins later McCoist says his whole bedroom lit up and there was a massive bang. Oh and Gazza apparently spent that night in the cells so the curfew is enforced haha

Hang on, why has my post been deleted? I posted something that's in the news. Some heavy handed modding going on there Ken.

Back