• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

My ****ing council tax bill. *******s.

Oh dear god. This. And then some. I moved into a new property, but it's a new conversion so not banded. Rung and wrote to the council in September to tell them. they cancelled my current bill and I made the final payment for the end of September to clear it down. They said wait 6 weeks and I'll get my new bill for the address, but as a new property they need to come round and verify what band it should be in. 3 phone calls and 3 months later, we manage to convince them to do their job and turn up and band our property, another 3 months and repeated phone calls later I finally get a bill at the beginning of March, giving me an account number to pay into and outlining the next years bill based on the new banding. But with this I get and overdue letter for over £500 in arrears for the period September to February. The cheeky ****ers. If it hadn't taken them almost half a year to get their collective asses in gear it would of been paid months ago!! And the nerve to send me a letter to tell me I'm in arrears for 6 months on an account that was created 2 weeks ago that I've been chasing them for an account number to pay into is outrageous - Christ knows when I would of got the bill if I hadn't been chasing. Usless cheeky f**kers!!!

Similar situation with my colleague at work, but in relation to her electric bill.

However in both situations, whilst i know you haven't had a bill, you know that at some point you will have to pay up and should set some money aside for it- no-one is realistically going to get free electric/council tax are they?

Similar situation with my colleague at work, but in relation to her electric bill.

However in both situations, whilst i know you haven't had a bill, you know that at some point you will have to pay up and should set some money aside for it- no-one is realistically going to get free electric/council tax are they?

Dale Farm does. Nice to see that little scam is coming to a end via the bulldozers.

I wasn't too sure what the rules are for posting links (I tend to visit SZ daily, but just as a mere observer) but thought it was worthwhile for any train haters out there!

Taken from said website:

Dear National Express East Anglia,

I hope you lovely*, wonderful* staff are fine and dandy on this pleasant February day?

I was wondering if you had a suggestion box that I could write to? You see, I have this marvellous* and exciting* idea that will make commuters happier*, and make your company even richer*.

Even richer you ask? How? We already charge you almost £4,000 a year to travel on our fabulous* trains.

Well hear me out.

How about stripping the seats out of an entire carriage and replacing it with a multi-coloured dancefloor, complete with a bar and a DJ?

My extensive* research has revealed that this would actually be a very popular idea. When I put the idea to my friends on facebook, five people clicked the ‘like’ button and a mammoth* seven people commented, all positively may I add.

One friend, who I shall keep nameless, who also uses your service said: ‘You could be on to something there!’

Another went as far as saying: ‘Greggs for the morning commute, then dancefloor, bar & DJ in the evenings.’

This all makes perfect sense, no?

Trial it on the London Liverpool Street to Southend Victoria line. I guarantee that it will be so popular that eventually you’ll have to make at least half your carriages this way.

You benefit because people will buy drinks on the way home, boosted your coffers, which must be struggling* at the moment.

The commuter benefits because we can numb the pain of the long journey homes (often made longer by horrendous delays) with alcohol.

It will also be pleasant not to have to stare at a man opposite me with his jaw slung open, head back, snoring on the 18.35 train home.

You may even change this sleepy man’s life.

It would be fantastic to mingle with some fellow passengers, instead of staring at them with contempt.

Just imagine the fun.

Lots of love* and kisses*,

Tommy.

DISCLAIMER: Everything with a * next to it, may, or may not be sarcastic.

Genius.

I wasn't too sure what the rules are for posting links (I tend to visit SZ daily, but just as a mere observer) but thought it was worthwhile for any train haters out there!

Don't think there are any, unless you link to the Guardian which makes you public enemy No.1.......:witch Hunt:

What is the problem with the Guardian!?
I figured that my website is Southend United related, seeing as all I do is sl*g off NXEA and C2C, there must be a lot of people who use and hate these train lines on SZ....

People posting polls about whether they want to stand on the train on the commute home rather than sit down

I'd strap you to the roof :finger: :hilarious:

What is the problem with the Guardian!?
I figured that my website is Southend United related, seeing as all I do is sl*g off NXEA and C2C, there must be a lot of people who use and hate these train lines on SZ....

Ah it's yours, nice work! You need to ask BarnaBlue what the problem is.....:whistling:

Last edited:
Trying to do some programming assignment and some random errors keep coming up. As soon as one is fixed, another appears .... :angry:

Jamie's Dream School. Why are Channel 4 rewarding these kids' antisocial behaviour with a national forum? I bet some producer is whispering in their ears 'Go on, kick his head in.....'

Back