• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Taxi been the garage for 4 days, thought it would only be 2 days. No work = no money, plus I have my tax bill to find by the end of the month.

Just applied for another job, and told my manager (as he'll be informed anyway) and he looked heartbroken. Now I feel like a greedy ****. :Sorry:

Just applied for another job, and told my manager (as he'll be informed anyway) and he looked heartbroken. Now I feel like a greedy ****. :Sorry:

Back in 95 I gave my notice in at a big Printing Co I worked at. Next day the MD offered me an extra £2k per year & a new Company car.
That just angered me, as if he thought I was that valuable to him, then why didn't he offer/ give me that before?.
Bottom line is MK Shrimper, you have to do what's best for you & your family. Unfortunately in these turbulent times we live in, loyalty means nothing when staff cuts are implemented at this time or in the future.
Good luck with your application.

Back in 95 I gave my notice in at a big Printing Co I worked at. Next day the MD offered me an extra £2k per year & a new Company car.
That just angered me, as if he thought I was that valuable to him, then why didn't he offer/ give me that before?.
Bottom line is MK Shrimper, you have to do what's best for you & your family. Unfortunately in these turbulent times we live in, loyalty means nothing when staff cuts are implemented at this time or in the future.
Good luck with your application.

Cheers. I promotion was talked about last year but nothing appeared so maybe this might fire them up to give me one as I'm happy to stay where I am.

Taxi been the garage for 4 days, thought it would only be 2 days. No work = no money, plus I have my tax bill to find by the end of the month.
Feel your pain mate, yesterday the two batteries on it died, hubby got them replaced, went to pick up the elderly in laws of a SZ member to take up to Euston, and the alternator promptly died too. Fortunately, got the job covered, and another airport one landing at 20 past 11 last night. Not great on the earnings side though. And, as you say, tax bill to pay.

Back