• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Parking at work.....because other shops in our row have abused the parking privileges we're now all getting penalised, with new non-transferable permits, which means I won't now be able to park there when other people are off.

Parking at work.....because other shops in our row have abused the parking privileges we're now all getting penalised, with new non-transferable permits, which means I won't now be able to park there when other people are off.

How far from home is your workplace?. Guessing too far for a fitness bracing walk daily?.

Scottish Power- warning to anyone with them
My deal has run out putting me on their standard tariff (fair enough),
I look at my statement that says i can save £280 by moving to their Saver April 2020 BB3 deal . They then in the next sentence state how i can change tariffs at any time, and have a link to the SP website where I can change tariffs
I look at U switch and it looks like a decent deal, i decent to switch on the SP website as its less keystrokes.
I find the saver April 2020 deal and select it . Luckily I decide to read the fine print and the rates are different to the rates on U switch (its actually more expensive than my present deal, not £280 cheaper).
I phone Scottish power ,it turns out that 'Saver April 2020' on their website is different to 'Saver April 2020 BB3 (BB3 is in small print) . The BBs stands for broker deal, it is only available via a comparison website.

So in summary , On SP statement they tell me that I can save £280 by changing to a new deal, That deal IS NOT available directly from SP (it doesn't say that anywhere). But they do give a link to their website to a deal with a very very similar name which is over £330 more expensive !

This is deliberately misleading customers. I will be contacting the onboardsman and the Martin Lewis website tomorrow

How far from home is your workplace?. Guessing too far for a fitness bracing walk daily?.

I'm temporarily quite close to it, about half a mile which is not a problem walking to it as it's all down hill, but it's all uphill on the way back. I walk to work quite often as it's an okay walk, but I have a dodgy knee and a degenerative back condition which means walking much further is not easy, plus I've never been any good at walking up hill! When we buy on in a few months it'll be too far for me to walk.

There's normally at least one person off each day as they take a day off during the week if they're working Saturdays, and that means we'll have a pass not being used. That's what's so frustrating.

I'm temporarily quite close to it, about half a mile which is not a problem walking to it as it's all down hill, but it's all uphill on the way back. I walk to work quite often as it's an okay walk, but I have a dodgy knee and a degenerative back condition which means walking much further is not easy, plus I've never been any good at walking up hill! When we buy on in a few months it'll be too far for me to walk.

There's normally at least one person off each day as they take a day off during the week if they're working Saturdays, and that means we'll have a pass not being used. That's what's so frustrating.
Would there be any mileage in you and your colleagues using the passes collectively, ie - if one is off swop out with one that isn't, so that the pass matches the space.

I have bruised ribs at the moment. Trust me, if its cracked you will know.

After a night's kip it feels better but hurts when I cough or do certain movements.

I am going to chance skiing again today.

The big problem is going to be carrying all our luggage back across France on the train tomorrow.

Would there be any mileage in you and your colleagues using the passes collectively, ie - if one is off swop out with one that isn't, so that the pass matches the space.

That's what we always did - Sorrells, who manage the block, have now issued non transferable passes that have to be stuck to the windscreen. It's going to cause havoc with the blokes who sometimes need to bring the wife's car into work too - don't think anyone's thought of that yet!

That's what we always did - Sorrells, who manage the block, have now issued non transferable passes that have to be stuck to the windscreen. It's going to cause havoc with the blokes who sometimes need to bring the wife's car into work too - don't think anyone's thought of that yet!
Bummer!

Have you thought about getting one of those magnetic police lights that Starsky and Hutch used?

Then you can park anywhere you want.

I'm temporarily quite close to it, about half a mile which is not a problem walking to it as it's all down hill, but it's all uphill on the way back. I walk to work quite often as it's an okay walk, but I have a dodgy knee and a degenerative back condition which means walking much further is not easy, plus I've never been any good at walking up hill! When we buy on in a few months it'll be too far for me to walk..
You could always order a Taxi, I think there may be a Taxi rank very close to you that does cheap rates for OldBlueLadies? :Smile:

After a night's kip it feels better but hurts when I cough or do certain movements.

I am going to chance skiing again today.

The big problem is going to be carrying all our luggage back across France on the train tomorrow.

Yeah, it does hurt and I bet you never coughed before yoy done it. Wait until you sneeze. It's an whole new level.

Scottish Power- warning to anyone with them
My deal has run out putting me on their standard tariff (fair enough),
I look at my statement that says i can save £280 by moving to their Saver April 2020 BB3 deal . They then in the next sentence state how i can change tariffs at any time, and have a link to the SP website where I can change tariffs
I look at U switch and it looks like a decent deal, i decent to switch on the SP website as its less keystrokes.
I find the saver April 2020 deal and select it . Luckily I decide to read the fine print and the rates are different to the rates on U switch (its actually more expensive than my present deal, not £280 cheaper).
I phone Scottish power ,it turns out that 'Saver April 2020' on their website is different to 'Saver April 2020 BB3 (BB3 is in small print) . The BBs stands for broker deal, it is only available via a comparison website.

So in summary , On SP statement they tell me that I can save £280 by changing to a new deal, That deal IS NOT available directly from SP (it doesn't say that anywhere). But they do give a link to their website to a deal with a very very similar name which is over £330 more expensive !

This is deliberately misleading customers. I will be contacting the onboardsman and the Martin Lewis website tomorrow

This weird UWS, Im with Scottish Power and I went on to Meerkat site Monday, which promised £ 260 saving and when I called them yesterday as my deal ran out, had the same response, told them ok I was leaving and finding a new supplier, though and behold they gave me an identical deal saving me £ 25.00 per month on fixed rate

Maybe I was lucky with customer service woman, alas I wont be getting a free Meerkat toy

Back