• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bloody Tui trying to get out of our reimbursement for a 5 hour delay coming home from Jamaica - apparently it's logged as being down to the weather conditions at the airport which is not covered, however, the pilot clearly told us that it was down to technical problem with the plane we were due to have fly out to bring us home, and them having to bring in a replacement plane from elsewhere! Besides which there were no inclement weather conditions in Jamaica where the plane was late arriving as we followed it in on tracker.

This is not over! :Angry:

Shouldn't that be in the politics thread. :Winking:

Haha. Not at all, my daughters' school sent a warning letter about it yesterday and as you can imagine all the mums are bricking it that their kid will watch a vaguely creepy picture and the kids will suddenly jump in front of the nearest bus. We had chain letters when I was at school that promised death and misery if you didn't forward them. I ripped them up and now I'm a millionaire.....oh. :Sorry:

Haha. Not at all, my daughters' school sent a warning letter about it yesterday and as you can imagine all the mums are bricking it that their kid will watch a vaguely creepy picture and the kids will suddenly jump in front of the nearest bus. We had chain letters when I was at school that promised death and misery if you didn't forward them. I ripped them up and now I'm a millionaire.....oh. :Sorry:

Oh sorry. I thought you meant someone was challenging May. Yes, I saw that creepy image on the news but was busy, so half took it in. What sort of sicko comes up with this, and tries to get kids to self harm? I truly hope they can get caught and done for it.

Oh sorry. I thought you meant someone was challenging May. Yes, I saw that creepy image on the news but was busy, so half took it in. What sort of sicko comes up with this, and tries to get kids to self harm? I truly hope they can get caught and done for it.

But thats the thing - no one has done something stupid due to a video. Both the NSPCC and Samaritans have said it's a hoax but of course the press are all over it and blown it up out of all proportion.

But thats the thing - no one has done something stupid due to a video. Both the NSPCC and Samaritans have said it's a hoax but of course the press are all over it and blown it up out of all proportion.

They’re not the only ones. I showed it to my missus the other day, as she hadn’t seen it, and wanted to know what it was all about.

Now we’ve got to sleep with the light on :Sad:

When I was was at school there was a rumour that the ICF were going to turn up at home time and kick our heads in.

I don't blame them for thinking better of it.

Mum was taken into Southend Hosp a week ago, we thought she had a Hiatus Hernia. Tests were done last couple of days, Consultant wanted to see me & step dad ( 91 ) this morning, with Mum in her bed.
We thought it was to explain what treatment they were going to give her.
Turns out she's got the big 'c' in 3 places, they cant do anything & only a matter of ( short ) time left.
What a crap start to the weekend?.

Mum was taken into Southend Hosp a week ago, we thought she had a Hiatus Hernia. Tests were done last couple of days, Consultant wanted to see me & step dad ( 91 ) this morning, with Mum in her bed.
Turns out she's got the big 'c' in 3 places, they cant do anything & only a matter of ( short ) time left.
So sorry mate, that is awful. With things like this I have found the hospital, McMillan and FairHavens to be very good; but needing to be asked as they let people involved take the lead.

Oh no, I am so sorry. I hope she's not suffering.

That is really sad news, you need to keep strong and sportive for your Mum and Step Dad.

Jesus, so sorry to hear that.

Oh no, I am so sorry. I hope she's not suffering.

Thank you OBL. We were told it's advanced in her 'food pipe', stomach & Lungs, yet fortunately she has never been in any pain, even up to today.
Struggle to get my head around that?. My late wife had bowel & Liver 'c', & was taken into the Hospice for 10 days for pain monitoring before they upped her medication.

Thank you OBL. We were told it's advanced in her 'food pipe', stomach & Lungs, yet fortunately she has never been in any pain, even up to today.
Struggle to get my head around that?. My late wife had bowel & Liver 'c', & was taken into the Hospice for 10 days for pain monitoring before they upped her medication.
Well, that is a relief for you, nothing worse than seeing your loved ones in pain and feeling helpless. I hope that continues.

Taking my son to the pub to watch the Southend game only to discover Spurs-Arsenal was on at the same time.

Ended up watching the game on my phone at Benfleet Yacht Club.

Back