• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Usually School Hols less traffic on the roads, easier journey to work & back.
Last 2 weeks lot easier in mornings, but return journey has been worse every day!.
I'm referring to stretch from Rawreth Lane to Carpenters Rdbt. Bloody queues have been longer than School term, why??

Last 2 weeks lot easier in mornings, but return journey has been worse every day!.
I'm referring to stretch from Rawreth Lane to Carpenters Rdbt. Bloody queues have been longer than School term, why??

Same in London and I don't mean where the protests have been. It's been hard work getting anywhere the last few weeks

Not hacking but ****ing upsetting,

Just found out a friends wife has a brain tumour and has been told she has weeks to live. They’re both younger than me, really puts life into perspective.

Both lovely people and only recently got married and their own house. Absolutely devastating.

Not hacking but ****ing upsetting,

Just found out a friends wife has a brain tumour and has been told she has weeks to live. They’re both younger than me, really puts life into perspective.

Both lovely people and only recently got married and their own house. Absolutely devastating.
That's really sad.

Same in London and I don't mean where the protests have been. It's been hard work getting anywhere the last few weeks

Same at the Dartford Crossing, it's been even worse than it usually is getting back into Essex through the tunnels the past week.

Took MK Jnr over the park and some scumbag "mum" laid into her own kids calling them all the names under the sun and using language that would make a sailor blush not to mention physical abuse that went beyond an acceptable (if such a thing exists) smack.

I took a serruptiotious photo of her and considering reporting her to the authorities. I feel sorry for them when they're at home and in her "care".

Hacking me off, deeply upsetting me.

This awful news from the Sri Lanka bombings - the sister in law of a dear friend of mine, and naturally, her niece and nephew too. Regular clients of Kev's who always greeted him with hugs when he met them at various airports.

How can the poor man ever rebuild his life? I am literally sick to the stomach at this news.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48016649

Sri Lanka attacks: British dad's tribute to 'amazing' family

_106551145_srilanka.jpg
Anita Nicholson and her son Alex, 14, and daughter Annabel, 11, died in the Shangri-La hotel bombing

A British husband has paid tribute to his "wonderful" wife and their two "amazing" children who were among the 290 victims of a wave of bombings in Sri Lanka on Easter Sunday.
Ben Nicholson survived the blast at the Shangri-La Hotel in Colombo but his wife Anita, 42, their son Alex, 14, and daughter Annabel, 11, were all killed.
They had been visiting the country on holiday from their home in Singapore.

'Inspirational mother'
Mr Nicholson, a partner with law firm Kennedys, said his family were killed at a table in the restaurant of the Shangri-La Hotel, in the capital Colombo.
He said he was "deeply distressed" at his loss but "mercifully, all three of them died instantly and with no pain or suffering".

He added that his wife, a lawyer for mining firm Anglo American, "was a wonderful, perfect wife and a brilliant, loving and inspirational mother to our two wonderful children".
"Alex and Annabel were the most amazing, intelligent, talented and thoughtful children, and Anita and I were immensely proud of them both and looking forward to seeing them develop into adulthood.
"They shared with their mother the priceless ability to light up any room they entered and bring joy to the lives of all they came into contact with."
He thanked the medical teams in Colombo and the Sri Lankan people he had encountered since.

Indeed absolute tragic news. It transpires that the Sri Lanka bombing were apparantly, in retaliation to the shootings in New Zealand. Only an utterly warped mind could think that killing 300+ innocent people is in some way justice for the killing of 80+ innocent people.

May they all burn.

All you lot moaning about the climate change protests - I just had a meeting that relates to climate change preperation on the Railway and the chap leading is friendly with the head of water in Brisbane and the water supply issues over there are critical. They've not had any rain for two years. If it carries on water will be rationed for purely drinking.

I know their climate is a lot different to ours but........

All you lot moaning about the climate change protests - I just had a meeting that relates to climate change preperation on the Railway and the chap leading is friendly with the head of water in Brisbane and the water supply issues over there are critical. They've not had any rain for two years. If it carries on water will be rationed for purely drinking.

I know their climate is a lot different to ours but........

Eh, Brisbane has had 46.2mm of rainfall in the past 11 days. Someones telling porkies me thinks.

Indeed absolute tragic news. It transpires that the Sri Lanka bombing were apparantly, in retaliation to the shootings in New Zealand. Only an utterly warped mind could think that killing 300+ innocent people is in some way justice for the killing of 80+ innocent people.

May they all burn.

They've announced this morning that these attacks has been the result of massive planning for ages, long before the New Zealand attacks. Reconnaissance, planning, finding the people prepared to give up their life to do it, getting the explosives, coordinating all this, all took time. The Sri Lankan government was warned ages ago by the Indian intelligence that there is planned attacks on Hotels and Churches, under a huge ISIS operation. The expert said this is a massive intelligence failure by the Sri Lankan's authorities, given that they were warned so long ago. They've reacted after the event, arresting over 60 people, none were arrested before the attacks.

They've announced this morning that these attacks has been the result of massive planning for ages, long before the New Zealand attacks. Reconnaissance, planning, finding the people prepared to give up their life to do it, getting the explosives, coordinating all this, all took time. The Sri Lankan government was warned ages ago by the Indian intelligence that there is planned attacks on Hotels and Churches, under a huge ISIS operation. The expert said this is a massive intelligence failure by the Sri Lankan's authorities, given that they were warned so long ago. They've reacted after the event, arresting over 60 people, none were arrested before the attacks.

Apparantly a tiff between the Sri Lankan Prime Minister & President means they don't talk to each other. Makes you wonder if one of them withheld the information purposely to damage the career of the other. Sickening.

Best mate's 3 sons birthdays all within a few days of each other. I'm moaning after spending a few quid...imagine how he's feeling every April!

Back