• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I posted a while back about loathing the phrase "can I get" instead of "may I have".

Latest and worst version "can I take a latte?" To where? grrrrrrrrrrr and it was done in one of those pseudo-posh accents where the person is obviously public school but things by using phrases like that it makes them "street".

I posted a while back about loathing the phrase "can I get" instead of "may I have".

Latest and worst version "can I take a latte?" To where? grrrrrrrrrrr and it was done in one of those pseudo-posh accents where the person is obviously public school but things by using phrases like that it makes them "street".

Didn't begin the sentence with "So......" by any chance ? Man, that ticks me off :Scared:

A recruiter asking me lots of questions such as year of graduation and family status to try and work out how old I am.

The point is that it is discrimination.

He didn't even ask me what lodge or golf club I am a member of.

It is indeed. I graduated in 2009 and have a 7 yr old despite being nearly 50, so that wouldn't work on me.

Should have worn the old school tie MC and given the masonic handshake.

A recruiter asking me lots of questions such as year of graduation and family status to try and work out how old I am.

My wife once applied, and was interviewed, for a role as a physio for a Premier League football team. I won't mention names, but they came from 3-0 last night and will play Liverpool in the European Runners Up Cup.

Anyway, the interview centred on how she would deal with working in an all-male environment. Her answer was that she'd been working with a rugby team for the last 3 seasons without any issues. They didn't once ask her a question about her ability as a physio. They gave the job to someone far less qualified and experienced than her. That was a very long time ago though. I doubt they would do the same nowadays.

It is indeed. I graduated in 2009 and have a 7 yr old despite being nearly 50, so that wouldn't work on me.

Should have worn the old school tie MC and given the masonic handshake.

The Appleton Comprehensive tie and pinching his arse while standing on one leg probably wont cut it either.

Back