• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Why is it that going through security at Heathrow, you are allowed to keep your shoes & belt on, & your wallet in your pocket, yet doing the same at JFK in NY, you have to remove them?.
Surely the security at all national airports is the same, especially so in all USA airports?.

It's theatre and is more about selling you stuff than security. They're happy enough to confiscate a bottle of water/shaving cream/sun tan lotion etc so you can then go round the corner and buy a replacement at twice the price and the unpredictable queues force people to get there early so they have to purchase overpriced food or browse duty free.

It's theatre and is more about selling you stuff than security. They're happy enough to confiscate a bottle of water/shaving cream/sun tan lotion etc so you can then go round the corner and buy a replacement at twice the price and the unpredictable queues force people to get there early so they have to purchase overpriced food or browse duty free.

There is always a Spoons for a full English and five pints before takeoff.

I bet the pathetic ‘youths’ who carried out this act of vandalism will get a slapped wrist and nothing more.. after all I’m sure it was only ‘a bit of banter’..
Total t0$$ers

I really feel for the people who have spent years of dedication and care building their hobby up only to see it destroyed for a laugh.. so sad

Yep, read about that the other day. Model railway enthusiasts are generally people who've spent decades on their hobby, who have lovingly and painstakingly created their sets and surroundings. To have that destroyed in a moment of mindless vandalism must be truly heart breaking for them.

Rod Stewart has given them £10K and crowd funding another £50K so hopefully they'll come back bigger & better.

Rod Stewart has given them £10K and crowd funding another £50K so hopefully they'll come back bigger & better.

It'll help replace the components, but it won't make up for the love and care they put into putting those sets together. Nice gesture though.

The sheer number of nitrous oxide cannisters discarded in areas where youths congregate.

I have no problem with kids consuming the stuff but why not bin the paraphernalia afterwards.

Good to see the caring society is alive and well. :Winking:

It's not just these cannisters is it? Plastic bags, crisp packets - all manner of ****e. I live near the Grand Union and it's full of rubbish that people are too lazy to take home and put in their own bin. MK runs a top notch recyling scheme.....it's not ****ing hard people! :Angry Mob:

Rant over.

Feel sorry for the 1000+ people that could lose their jobs due to the collapse of Jamie Oliver's restaurant chain.

Hopefully it will mean less airtime for Jamie so it is not all doom and gloom.

Feel sorry for the 1000+ people that could lose their jobs due to the collapse of Jamie Oliver's restaurant chain.

Hopefully it will mean less airtime for Jamie so it is not all doom and gloom.

Unlikely. C4 are probably planning a 6 part documentary as we speak.

The service warning light on my dashboard. It had been on for about 10 days so I rang the dealership and they diagnosed that I needed an oil change. (even though it's a 67 plate and the car was serviced in Dec18). So off I trotted to Springfield this morning only to encounter nose to tail traffic for nearly the whole journey. 90 mins from Southend to Springfield!! Drop the car off get it back an hour later, nothing needed doing, it turns out it was a false sensor reading which should have been reset at the last service but wasn't. Thanks Honda.

Is it just me, or does anyone else question the intelligence of the police nowadays? So, Southend v Barnsley a few weeks back, a skirmish in the North Bank where a few Barnsley fans had a pop at the stewards. A steward gets hurt. The police put out an appeal in the Southend echo to identify 6 Barnsley fans in close up photo's. Then this week they put out another appeal in the Southend echo to identify the men. They can appeal forever down here and get nowhere. If they showed the photo's in the Barnsley local rag, they would most probably all have been arrested by now. Do the police not understand that it would be an absolute miracle if 6 away fans causing trouble from a club in Yorkshire, lived locally.

I am having a bit of a dis-as-tuh, dahling, whenver I make a cottage pie and am reaching out for some advice please, from anyone who thinks they can solve the issue.

We love a cottage pie - or shepherds' pie - in my house, doesn't matter which, my problem happens with both!

Every time I've made one in the last few years, the mash has sunk down into the meat so you end up with a meat and potato mix with a little bit of crusty cheesy topping - how can I stop the mash sinking?! Is it because there's too much gravy, or I've made the mash too soft...HELP!

I am having a bit of a dis-as-tuh, dahling, whenver I make a cottage pie and am reaching out for some advice please, from anyone who thinks they can solve the issue.

We love a cottage pie - or shepherds' pie - in my house, doesn't matter which, my problem happens with both!

Every time I've made one in the last few years, the mash has sunk down into the meat so you end up with a meat and potato mix with a little bit of crusty cheesy topping - how can I stop the mash sinking?! Is it because there's too much gravy, or I've made the mash too soft...HELP!
Delving into my feminine side, this may, or may not work for you. These days I tend to use a potato ricer on top of cottage or shepherds pies. It's a lot lighter and doesn't sink.

Delving into my feminine side, this may, or may not work for you. These days I tend to use a potato ricer on top of cottage or shepherds pies. It's a lot lighter and doesn't sink.

I don't own one, have always used a traditional masher - it's really odd how it sinks in now when it never used to!

Back