• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Errr yeah, I just wanted to see if you’d break your NDA this quickly :Hilarious:

Lol, I can tell you but you can't have them! Shape files used for geographic visualisation of the Railway Network. Scintillating stuff eh?

Very much so, where I work we had a visit from the Dept of Ag and Fish questioning what we had in place for tree and plant passports which is an EU directive due to, maybe perhaps, if, might etc start on 14th December, they knew little about it but expected us to know more as we import plants from the EU and if B#####t hasn't happened by then we could be breaking laws! Un fecking believable!

Probably the 'tip of the iceberg' after 31st Jan IF it happens?.

We don't export so a Leave won't affect us but remaining will mean a possible small, new, costly, time consuming mountain of regulation and documentation for no purpose, benefit other than getting fined if it isn't done!

Paperless society, will never happen with all the beaurocracy forms to complete!
Being fined for the most trivial things, is the way of this country today?. Wrong rubbish in wrong bins etc etc.
Money for nothing ( as Dire Straights once sung? ).

93 per cent of employed people dealing with compliance whilst the other 5 per cent are doing all the graft to pay for it. Oh and the 2 per cent down the pub laughing about the whole ****eshow

I say the same thing every year but seeing footballers given a “guard of honour” by current and former armed service personnel before football matches really irritates me. I’d just love to see one club break the trend and give the more deserving armed forces a guard of honour.

Middle lane hoggers on the A130 every damn morning and afternoon. Why? It absolutely baffles me why these people think it's the correct place to be on a three-lane duel carriageway. And what makes it worse are the ones that come off the Wickford slip road Northbound and just pull out into the middle lane................AND SLOW DOWN! Seriously, wtf!

Does my head in every single day of the week.

My new route to work is up and down the M11 and I have had to endure the same issue. It’s baffling the left lane is completely free of an evening on return to work but still people wish to do 60-65 and sit in the middle lane. I personally think if you’re caught doing it you should be given the death penalty.

My new route to work is up and down the M11 and I have had to endure the same issue. It’s baffling the left lane is completely free of an evening on return to work but still people wish to do 60-65 and sit in the middle lane. I personally think if you’re caught doing it you should be given the death penalty.
You old softy @Ricey?. How's the job going, enjoying it?

Middle lane hoggers are one of Kev's pet hates, sees them daily across the country's roads. Even on a 4.30 a.m. Gatwick or Heathrow run, you'll still see plenty of people sitting in the middle lane with no traffic around them whatsoever.

Middle lane hoggers are one of Kev's pet hates, sees them daily across the country's roads. Even on a 4.30 a.m. Gatwick or Heathrow run, you'll still see plenty of people sitting in the middle lane with no traffic around them whatsoever.

I just don’t get it! Punishable by death imo.

I just don’t get it! Punishable by death imo.
Part of the reason it is happening more is due to lack of motorway POLICING, rather than Highway Agency uniform wearers. IIRC the Blair government changed funding rules and brought in the HA idea (with PCSOs) to do Policing on the cheap, and also scrapped the Home Office funding of M routes Policing, which was mandatory in that forces had to ensure it supplied patrols & HAD to be active on those routes. Hence the now non existant pro active or visible police on said routes.
Cameras are another half thought out idea which were meant to fund proper officers but instead are just cash cows hitting regular folk without catching unregistered or similar, often more serious offenders.

Part of the reason it is happening more is due to lack of motorway POLICING, rather than Highway Agency uniform wearers. IIRC the Blair government changed funding rules and brought in the HA idea (with PCSOs) to do Policing on the cheap, and also scrapped the Home Office funding of M routes Policing, which was mandatory in that forces had to ensure it supplied patrols & HAD to be active on those routes. Hence the now non existant pro active or visible police on said routes.
Cameras are another half thought out idea which were meant to fund proper officers but instead are just cash cows hitting regular folk without catching unregistered or similar, often more serious offenders.

Not entirely correct. PCSO's where brought in for less serious stuff and a presence of the street. They certainly never had anything other than cycles at best and had no power of arrest during my time dealing with police.

Cuts to the budget for Essex Police resulted in reduced recruitment and not replacing leavers or those retiring. Also, the traffic division were given the task of attending non traffic incidents such as domestics and lower priority calls which in turn redused the visual presence on both motorways and main truck roads. Motorway cameras are pretty good but due to reduced numbers, the response times are sometimes longer.

Not entirely correct. PCSO's where brought in for less serious stuff and a presence of the street. They certainly never had anything other than cycles at best and had no power of arrest during my time dealing with police.
PCSO, cheaper than Constables by many many thousands (before shift allowances, wage freezes etc) replaced a lot of the traditional polincing roles such as Beat officers, schools liason, crime prevention follow up, fetes, fairs, local event marshals and stuff, they ( like every person) can make arrests but have much less power than sworn officers as the conditions attached mean they can't do much in truth. You are right in that they didn't drive marked cars but that changed very quickly and other duties like foot patrols largely are ignored. As I said, policing on the cheap at the start and limited, expensive and poorly done now; hence those leaving are largely not replaced.

Cuts to the budget for Essex Police resulted in reduced recruitment and not replacing leavers or those retiring. Also, the traffic division were given the task of attending non traffic incidents such as domestics and lower priority calls which in turn redused the visual presence on both motorways and main truck roads. Motorway cameras are pretty good but due to reduced numbers, the response times are sometimes longer.

The Home Office removing road policing funding for motorways was part of the budget cuts, HMIC no longer check forces are policing motorways and so forces used their units as they wanted and use them to ensure that calls that the HMIC does measure against and that have got raised priorities these days (domestics) get answered by whatever unit is available.
Experienced traffic officers tended to be closer to retirement than many others and so they went quietly from those roles and weren't often replaced.

Policing ought not be political or fiscally dominated in it's control but it is, and elected commiissioners made it worse with political controled reporting failing to publish or understand consequences.

On the M25/M11 very early yesterday morning with fog in places down to no more than 100yds. And there's the usual schmuks tearing along with no lights on and easily doing 70. It just beggars belief to witness such wanton ignorance and stupidity ?

I know you don't normally allow ebay links, but I hope you will excuse this.....

Absolutely fuming to find my grandad's older brother's medals were for sale on ebay as recently as last week. My sister and I weren't even aware they were no longer in the family's possession.

So do you know the family member that secretly sold them on, or were they stolen?

Back