• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I know you won't have heard of them but look up the West African Squadron......Don't be afraid of that title......Its this sort of fantastic British history that we are never taught because as we both know education is controlled for the benefit of certain people.
So after 245 years of enthusiastically pursuing the slave trade, we realised the error of our ways and tried to do something about it. Wonderful!

So after 245 years of enthusiastically pursuing the slave trade, we realised the error of our ways and tried to do something about it. Wonderful!

We didn't try, we excelled at it at. Took us 60 years a lot of money, many killed and we were hated by many countries for doing so. But to save going of topic, if there is one. I have had a few PM's with Tangled, as its always good to educate someone when you can. if you want to join in let us know

It would be nice to have a British history thread but it will stray into politics

Craig David on the BBC ! Wtf!!!

Last year we had Madness, who were superb and the year before the legendary Chic, so what do we get this year?

Mr cheese!

must be BBC budget cuts this year, cringeworthy

Last year we had Madness, who were superb and the year before the legendary Chic, so what do we get this year?

Mr cheese!

Yep, spoilt the whole build up to midnight, Big Ben, and the fireworks, they switched over to the coverage way to late, and just to rub salt in the wound, as soon as the fireworks finished they went straight back to Craig ruddy David.

I turned over to ITV in the end and watched Big Ben, the fireworks, and a great Christmas film Uncle Buck.

Happy New Year Everyone

Mr cheese!

Really? I thought Madness were dreadful! Sugs just shouted for the whole time and didn’t sound good at all.

I found Craig David to be alright.

The fireworks were awful they didn’t know which cameras to switch too, all of them were smogged out. I’ve never seen them so smokey. It was a little embarrassing when you watch other countries.

Really? I thought Madness were dreadful! Sugs just shouted for the whole time and didn’t sound good at all.

I found Craig David to be alright.

The fireworks were awful they didn’t know which cameras to switch too, all of them were smogged out. I’ve never seen them so smokey. It was a little embarrassing when you watch other countries.
We suffered Jools' Annual Hootenanny, some of which wasn't too bad. I agree on the fireworks, but hey, it was New Year's Eve and its what we do.

We suffered Jools' Annual Hootenanny, some of which wasn't too bad. I agree on the fireworks, but hey, it was New Year's Eve and its what we do.

I know it’s what we do but something must’ve gone wrong. I’ve never seen it so smokey it looked really bad and can’t have been enjoyable for those there. And I don’t know the truth but I read somewhere that people pay to stand and watch there.

I must have been watching different fireworks as madam and I thought they were fantastic! Beauty, as they say, is in the eye of the beholder. Craig David was pretty good too, better than I remembered him.

I know it’s what we do but something must’ve gone wrong. I’ve never seen it so smokey it looked really bad and can’t have been enjoyable for those there. And I don’t know the truth but I read somewhere that people pay to stand and watch there.
It costs 15 quid a head to stand and watch that. As for the smoke I believe it was a show of solidarity with the Aussies.

Back