• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Putting a property into a trust isn’t a fool-proof scheme and can be challenged by the local council as a means of avoiding care costs.

Definetly everyone should do POA for health and Finances.
Just a thought - be mindful that even if the property has been placed in trust or even if it is signed over should either you Mum or in-laws require care if it occurs that they require care within the first seven years of them placing it in trust etc then the local authority will still have the authority to make them full self-funding.
Personally don’t agree with the rules but I guess the rules are the rules

To my family the cost vs potential benefit made it a no brainier. My dad would turn in his grave if everything he had worked for wasn’t passed down the family. Again I hope that it was a waste of money and I never have to use it

Good luck with that, as the government are well on the ball, and will do everything to get the house and savings, to pay for your mum's care if needed. And you can't sell without permission, but they can. If you can beat the 7 year rule, then you should be O.K.

Last edited:
Good luck with that, as the government are well on the ball, and will do everything to get the house and savings, to pay for your mum's care if needed. And you can't sell without permission, but they can. If you can beat the 7 year rule, then you should be O.K.
Exactly, and why I recommend to do it ASAP. ( I did my mums 5/6 years ago). We also did some other stuff to give us more evidence of “it wasn’t done to avoid care fees”
Again why it’s worth talking to an expert
Worst case if it turns out I have wasted my money My mum/me are around £2000 ish down, but that a small price to pay in comparison to what we could loose. And let’s not forget that this makes my mum feel a lot happier NOW knowing that she has done everything possible to protect what she and my dad worked for.
That in itself is worth the money and is something people don’t necessarily think off

Walked 2 miles from home this morning, to visit Lynn, at Cats Pyjama's in Leigh Road. Got there, & a notice on the door stated 'shop closed today, apologies'!.
At least it wasn't raining & i had a decent 4 mile total walk, before tucking into a salmon brunch ( again! ).

Cycling "gloves" that offer **** all protection to the cold. Amazed I didn't have frost bite when I got in this morning. :Thumbs down:

Cycling "gloves" that offer **** all protection to the cold. Amazed I didn't have frost bite when I got in this morning. :Thumbs down:

You need to buy winter gloves.

I wear gloves all year mountain biking.

The primary purpose is to prevent you losing the palms of your hands if you come off.

I took a really bad spill a few years ago. My hands were fine. The rest of my body wasn't.

Attachments

• DSC_0024.JPG
    DSC_0024.JPG
    861.7 KB · Views: 31
Aviva - Car and House insurance were due within a week of each other. In the week prior to the first one (car) there were 3 phone calls, just to remind me and three emails too. Then for the second one (house) exactly the same. It's only the current premiums for the two together that are stopping me from telling Aviva to just **** off.

Aviva - Car and House insurance were due within a week of each other. In the week prior to the first one (car) there were 3 phone calls, just to remind me and three emails too. Then for the second one (house) exactly the same. It's only the current premiums for the two together that are stopping me from telling Aviva to just **** off.
Yes, just been through all that with mine, changed both to Churchiĺs as it was significantly cheaper this year; however I expect next year will see a big increase and more switching again rather than any type of loyalty discount t etc.

Vodafone. I cancelled my contract last June due to their **** service and then received a bill for my "monthly contract" last week! Wrote to them to tell them they had got it wrong and now am being bombarded with calls wanting to "discuss my complaint". I even got a message saying they needed some "basic information" to progress my complaint - my Vodafone number (I HAVENT GOT A ****ING VODAFONE NUMBER THAT IS THE POINT) and my "account number" which was already quoted at the top of the e-mail.
I have threatened to refer them to the telecoms Ombudsman and also told them that if they don't confirm deletion of all my details I am referring them to the ICO for GDPR breach.

Vodafone. I cancelled my contract last June due to their **** service and then received a bill for my "monthly contract" last week! Wrote to them to tell them they had got it wrong and now am being bombarded with calls wanting to "discuss my complaint". I even got a message saying they needed some "basic information" to progress my complaint - my Vodafone number (I HAVENT GOT A ****ING VODAFONE NUMBER THAT IS THE POINT) and my "account number" which was already quoted at the top of the e-mail.
I have threatened to refer them to the telecoms Ombudsman and also told them that if they don't confirm deletion of all my details I am referring them to the ICO for GDPR breach.

Mate, use Resolver. Sorted out my talktalk issue asap

Being told by my energy supplier (Scottish Power) I must have a Smart Meter fitted and to book an appointment. No, I don’t !!

Back