• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The .... in the peloton advert will annoy you for hours
Not me it won't!
Yes I agree it is a poor advert, like many others, and a minor irritate like Sarah Cox talking, but on an annoyance scale of 1 to 10 it doesn't make a 1 for me.
I don't understand how it would encourage me to want to know more about the product or try it.

Of annoying adverts, sat through the one for Dormeo (?) mattresses a couple of days ago. Seemed to go on for a good seven hours and I swear the guy never drew breath once.....:Unsure:

Just so we know what's coming ... what ARE you allowed to do, without the Guardia Civil having a quiet word? Go for a stroll? Pop to the shop to buy milk?

Go for a stroll individually to get shopping,go to the chemist's,take your pet for a walk (toddlers were added to this list yesterday) or visit the bank.Keep essential medical appointments.That's about it really (though I do put the rubbish out when it gets dark). :Winking: Grim.

The other half is an assistant general manager at a large hotel at Heathrow airport. shes contracted for 40 hours a week, but to be fair she easily works 60+hours a week (being a senior manager, any additional hours above 40, is unpaid).

Anyway, due to the Coronaviris, the hotel has been quiet & shes just been told from head office in Brussels, that her "paid" 40 hours are now going to be reduced down to 35 hours, yet she will still work the 60+ hours in order to get the job done.

We could have well done with out this, especially as we have just moved home, and have all sorts of bills (legal and otherwise) stacking up that comes with moving home.

I suppose it could have been worse, I should be thankful it wasn't redundancy, the hospitality sector is really struggling right now, especially at Heathrow, as a lot of the business comes from airline crew and people staying with them before and after taking a flight.

Update on this......., the Mrs, has just received another email from head office saying that they are looking to further reduce hours down to 24 hours a week.

So on Monday she was on 40 hours a week, Tuesday she went down to 35 hours and possibly by the end of the week she could be on 24 hours a week.

Go for a stroll individually to get shopping,go to the chemist's,take your pet for a walk (toddlers were added to this list yesterday) or visit the bank.Keep essential medical appointments.That's about it really (though I do put the rubbish out when it gets dark). :Winking: Grim.
So going for a stroll on your own away from other members of the public is a no-no? Unless you're going in the direction of a shop and are holding a bag? How's that being enforced?

So going for a stroll on your own away from other members of the public is a no-no? Unless you're going in the direction of a shop and are holding a bag? How's that being enforced?

Self-enforcement seems to be the order of the day in SC.Mind you I've just seen 3 teenagers out and about (not obviously coming from the nearby baker's ) when I went to put the rubbish out just now.

If you buy a Bag for Life from one of the supermarkets that should be strong enough to not need re-enforcing.:Winking:

The fact that hitler , napoleon , the romans, the normans, the plague, the Spanish flu , 2 world wars and Buck’s Fizz winning the Eurovision Song Contest have not closed the mighty pubs of Albion. Even the asteroid that killed the dinosaurs would have only made them close an hour early.
This country has lost its steel

Trying to figure out what help I get as a self employed taxi driver. My daily takings are now around £60 per day and that’s before the daily bills.

Trying to figure out what help I get as a self employed taxi driver. My daily takings are now around £60 per day and that’s before the daily bills.
Sorry if it's a daft question but what were your takings before on average? (No need to answer if it's a bit personal!)

Sitting in Southend Hospital waiting for my CT scan. Lots of hospital chums around me so I'm seeing how long I can hold my breath for and desperately trying not to cough!

Sports Direct taking money from my card for items and then sending a mail that the item is not in stock and I will be refunded in 2-5 days.

So I looked at my bank statement today to see how much left for shopping this week. Shock horror, Amazon have just taken £7.99 from me. Checked back and they have been taking it each month for months. Like a lot of people, last year I signed up to the prime membership for a free month, as I ordered something and they offered next day free delivery with prime. I only ordered one thing. At the time they were meant to send me an email at the end of free trial for me to click on becoming a paid member or not. I didn't get the email, but they signed me up anyway, and didn't send me a welcoming email, to let me know. They have now changed this....While you won't be charged for your free trial, you'll be automatically converted to a paid membership plan at the end of the trial period. For more information, go to Turn off your Amazon Prime renewal. This was after thousands of complaints, and Martin Lewis getting involved, suggesting it's like a scam, but very surprising from such a massive company that doesn't need the money.
So anyway, I go on to Amazon, cancel my prime, order refund of £7.99. You can only order one months refund on site. But now want all the rest of my money back. So go on chat, and answer questions by bot, not person, multiple questions and multiple answers. Told to phone for call back. Call back not working as told, so told to phone Amazon. Phoned Amazon, voice message saying phones not working, go back to answer questions with bot.
Ggrrr.
So now more hassle trying to speak to someone, and trying to get my money back.

So I looked at my bank statement today to see how much left for shopping this week. Shock horror, Amazon have just taken £7.99 from me. Checked back and they have been taking it each month for months. Like a lot of people, last year I signed up to the prime membership for a free month, as I ordered something and they offered next day free delivery with prime. I only ordered one thing. At the time they were meant to send me an email at the end of free trial for me to click on becoming a paid member or not. I didn't get the email, but they signed me up anyway, and didn't send me a welcoming email, to let me know. They have now changed this....While you won't be charged for your free trial, you'll be automatically converted to a paid membership plan at the end of the trial period. For more information, go to Turn off your Amazon Prime renewal. This was after thousands of complaints, and Martin Lewis getting involved, suggesting it's like a scam, but very surprising from such a massive company that doesn't need the money.
So anyway, I go on to Amazon, cancel my prime, order refund of £7.99. You can only order one months refund on site. But now want all the rest of my money back. So go on chat, and answer questions by bot, not person, multiple questions and multiple answers. Told to phone for call back. Call back not working as told, so told to phone Amazon. Phoned Amazon, voice message saying phones not working, go back to answer questions with bot.
Ggrrr.
So now more hassle trying to speak to someone, and trying to get my money back.

Amazon are normally pretty good with refunds

I cannot work out which is worse, the ‘celebrities’ announcing on social media that they’re NHS volunteering or the people replying to them calling them attention seekers.

Just get along Jesus ****!

I cannot work out which is worse, the ‘celebrities’ announcing on social media that they’re NHS volunteering or the people replying to them calling them attention seekers.

Just get along Jesus ****!

I am trying to put my cynicism to one side but if I was a celebrity I would just do it. No need for self publicity, it would happen anyway...

Back