• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

So I looked at my bank statement today to see how much left for shopping this week. Shock horror, Amazon have just taken £7.99 from me. Checked back and they have been taking it each month for months. Like a lot of people, last year I signed up to the prime membership for a free month, as I ordered something and they offered next day free delivery with prime. I only ordered one thing. At the time they were meant to send me an email at the end of free trial for me to click on becoming a paid member or not. I didn't get the email, but they signed me up anyway, and didn't send me a welcoming email, to let me know. They have now changed this....While you won't be charged for your free trial, you'll be automatically converted to a paid membership plan at the end of the trial period. For more information, go to Turn off your Amazon Prime renewal. This was after thousands of complaints, and Martin Lewis getting involved, suggesting it's like a scam, but very surprising from such a massive company that doesn't need the money.
So anyway, I go on to Amazon, cancel my prime, order refund of £7.99. You can only order one months refund on site. But now want all the rest of my money back. So go on chat, and answer questions by bot, not person, multiple questions and multiple answers. Told to phone for call back. Call back not working as told, so told to phone Amazon. Phoned Amazon, voice message saying phones not working, go back to answer questions with bot.
Ggrrr.
So now more hassle trying to speak to someone, and trying to get my money back.

Same thing happened to my wife a while back.She'd ordered a present for a relative in France on prime.Fortunately for her she spotted she'd been signed up for membership at the end of the next month.She got her money back when she complained.Says they were pretty good about it.

Good luck.

Home schooling. **** that ****.

Our two are doing really well with it actually. The first weekend my eldest (year 7) was inundated with a ridiculous amount of work, but we're slowly working through it all. They're both doing 3ish hours a day interspersed with Joe Wicks, the garden and cycling.

All in all it's actually going quite well...for the time being.

Our two are doing really well with it actually. The first weekend my eldest (year 7) was inundated with a ridiculous amount of work, but we're slowly working through it all. They're both doing 3ish hours a day interspersed with Joe Wicks, the garden and cycling.

All in all it's actually going quite well...for the time being.

It's been the rule of diminishing returns. Day 4 was met with a huge meltdown, a paddy and storming off to her room slamming doors on the way. And this has to go on until September. :Madhouse:

Update. Phoned all this morning, phone line down. Phoned about 2 hours ago, and new coronavirus message, saying not taking any phone calls for the foreseeable future. So back on the live chat on the laptop. After much negotiation, trial and error, because if I answered the questions correctly, it just kept telling me to phone them. I finally get a live chat person I can type to after about an hours wait. After telling her I never signed up for Prime and want all my money back, she said she had just refunded me £7.99, Ggrr. I explained going back and forth with her for ages that again, I want all my money back that they had wrongly taken. She then said, as a special case, she had just refunded 3 months. Ggrr. More arguing, and I finally get a full refund. Dear oh dear. She had a foreign name, the online call center was probably in another country. It was like we were speaking different languages. What a terrible company.

Surely the important thing is that you got a full refund? Always pays to check your accounts online regularly too.

Surely the important thing is that you got a full refund? Always pays to check your accounts online regularly too.

Not really. A, they shouldn't have signed me up without my knowledge. B, they shouldn't haggle with me over how much to refund me. The haggle went on for ages, like she was on commission. The strange thing is, I signed up for the free one months trial in June, as that's when I ordered something, but they then put me on the paid version with no notification in October. So sort of slipped it in 4 months later when I wasn't expecting it. Reading up on it, they've had endless complaints about it, and if they only owe you £7.99, they say sorry and pay no haggle. If they owe a few months, they try and knock a bit off, behaving like a skint two bob firm.

Not really. A, they shouldn't have signed me up without my knowledge. B, they shouldn't haggle with me over how much to refund me. The haggle went on for ages, like she was on commission. The strange thing is, I signed up for the free one months trial in June, as that's when I ordered something, but they then put me on the paid version with no notification in October. So sort of slipped it in 4 months later when I wasn't expecting it. Reading up on it, they've had endless complaints about it, and if they only owe you £7.99, they say sorry and pay no haggle. If they owe a few months, they try and knock a bit off, behaving like a skint two bob firm.

While I empathise, my own experience with Amazon customer service, over returns etc has been much more positive.I even use prime for CD deliveries in Spain (it's much cheaper than the regular postal service ,never for books etc that I order from the UK. Unfortunately,these days (always?) it pays to read the small print and check your online bank accounts regularly.Sad fact of modern life I'm afraid.I'd recommend Ken Loach's Sorry we Missed You, for a look at what life is like for delivery van drivers in general though.Harrowing. It's available on Amazon too. :Winking:

The roads are quiet, yes?
The Footpaths/pavements are for walkers or runners on FOOT, yes?
People are allowed one exercise, outside, a day and may decide to use their cycle, yes?
2 meters on a pavement is generally the width.
Covid is killing more daily than cycle or road deaths.
WHY don't these twits on their cycles, and sometimes 2 abreast, use the ****ing road as they are supposed to, if they have forgotten their cycle skills for a road, then now is the best and safest time they will have for a long time to get into good road safety habits and skills. AND wear a helmet, the NHS is busy enough without extra unnecessary injuries.

I find him rather pretentious and dislike his know-it-all attitude

You'd imagine working in film most of his life and having a Phd, he would know it all? Besides if you listen to him & Mayo, they're very down to earth and funny. Not your bag if you enjoy Michael Bay films or Sex & The City perhaps.

Back