• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Truly disgusting that these and airlines and others, are finding other ways to fleece people because their takings are down.

Found another situation today. I went into town to get some bits from Wilko and Poundland. The car parks are free from 2 weeks ago, the Council announced in the Echo. So I parked in the one behind The Sutton Arms, (or whatever it's called now). There was no update anywhere to say it's free parking. The machines had no update notice. I saw 3 drivers put money in and get a ticket. I told one, but he said he didn't want to risk it.

Work, self employed taxi driver. No help from the government till June and I’m clearing £30 a day (8-5). Managed to get a p/t job delivering pizzas, but I’m going to get heavily taxed on that.

I received an email today from my agency telling me that the company I'm currently contracting for want to give me my week's notice so that I finish at the end of this week.

That was a bit of a surprise given the conversations and project plan we were putting together on Friday.

As I mentioned before I have had two new contracts put on hold because of this virus. So that's me out of work with no prospects or government help.

Spoiler:  
Please now read the "What is making you happy today" thread.

I don't know what has happened to my knee but something just wen yesterday when I returned from cycling and now I can barely walk.

The bloody carpet shampooer. It's out and shampooing and she becomes a raving maniac cleaning everything that is a floor covering. It doesn't matter which room I go into, I'm in the way. Should have taken my lead from the cat, he took one look and legged it out into the garden and is now sunbathing on the grass.

The bloody carpet shampooer. It's out and shampooing and she becomes a raving maniac cleaning everything that is a floor covering. It doesn't matter which room I go into, I'm in the way. Should have taken my lead from the cat, he took one look and legged it out into the garden and is now sunbathing on the grass.
...and that is why cats rock. Love, the cat =^..^=

All this ****ing Tik Tok bollocks! Jesus Christ I know we’ve got to keep busy but surely there are better things to do than lip sync ****e!

All this ****ing Tik Tok bollocks! Jesus Christ I know we’ve got to keep busy but surely there are better things to do than lip sync ****e!

My daughter does role play on tic tok and has over 4000 followers. Totally agree, complete bollocks really but then again it's not our age group. And I must say that it's very safe for kids with facility to block any unsavory ratbags.

You must be getting old mate.

My daughter does role play on tic tok and has over 4000 followers. Totally agree, complete bollocks really but then again it's not our age group. And I must say that it's very safe for kids with facility to block any unsavory ratbags.

You must be getting old mate.

Kids I understand using it, but it’s the adults that seem to be using it the most.

Kids I understand using it, but it’s the adults that seem to be using it the most.

Oh yeah, without a doubt, morons who are either sodding about to grab some attention or even bigger morons who really believe they have talent. They really don't. It's like dad dancing at a wedding, everyone thinks you look like a prat except you.

Flour of any kind becoming the new toilet paper. Who the **** is buying it all?

Dunno, but I couldn't get self raising flour yesterday. The entire shelf of all flour types was empty, except for one thing: a packet of toilet paper!

Apparantly there is loads being produced, they're just unable to ship it to stores.
I've been buying direct from a couple of mills since I started baking my own sourdough, but I can't even get any from them. Hope levels get back to normal soon, I've just done my last 1kg bag.

Back