• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Had to pop into Morrison's in Hadleigh about 10.30am this morning, for several items. Car park was relatively empty, parked up & as i got out, noticed a very well dressed woman ( look what i'm wearing etc ) loading her shopping in the back of her 4 x4.
She was wearing a pair of blue plastic gloves PPE, & had a full sized trolley packed to the brim!.
Was back out within 10 mins, put my trolley back, & the filthy slag had discarded her blue gloves in her trolley after loading her boot up. I know it was hers, as she was opp the trolley storage, & there wasn't another one left there.
What's wrong with people??. Good job i didn't see her do it or i'd have bore her a new *** hole!.

I've not tried drying it myself, but the best way is to spread it thinly on baking paper, put the paper on a baking tray and put it in the oven with just the light on. In a few hours it'll have completely dried, you can then flake it off into a freezer bag and it'll be fine for months.

Just to clarify. If you dry it out, can you use that in a recipe that calls for dried yeast, i.e. is that the same thing? (Excuse my igornance here.)

Flour of any kind becoming the new toilet paper. Who the **** is buying it all?

My missus bought a small packet of bread flour about 6 weeks ago, before the panic buying started. When I questioned her about it, she said it was “just in case”.

Trouble is, she can’t cook for ****, let alone bake. I’ve watched her murder microwave ready meals before.

Needless to say, the bread flour hasn’t been used.

My missus bought a small packet of bread flour about 6 weeks ago, before the panic buying started. When I questioned her about it, she said it was “just in case”.

Trouble is, she can’t cook for ****, let alone bake. I’ve watched her murder microwave ready meals before.

Needless to say, the bread flour hasn’t been used.

If I hadn't found the Polish delicatessen I'd get you to send it over.....

You can (or her) make simple Matzo bread. Flour, bit of oil, salt, water. Roll it out thinly and grill. Lovely with a bit of a dip. No yeast required. Chapatti's are similar, but do it on a dry frying pan.

#mkscookingtips

You can (or her) make simple Matzo bread. Flour, bit of oil, salt, water. Roll it out thinly and grill. Lovely with a bit of a dip. No yeast required. Chapatti's are similar, but do it on a dry frying pan.

#mkscookingtips
Coconut flour! For that coconut-y taste.

#mkscookingtips

I do like a chapatti.

However, here’s the conundrum I’m in, do I use the flour, and therefore endorse her actions, or do I forego my affinity of thin bread, to prove that I was right, and it was an ill thoughtout purchase to begin with?

In our 8-year relationship, she has only been proven right on 3 occasions, and two of those occasions, were when she declared Roots Hall to be an apocalyptic cesspit & Southend United Football Club, we’re in fact, a dog **** outfit.

In these uncertain times, we can’t allow the rules of engagement to become convoluted. That way madness lies

I was going to leave it there, but someone will take it all seriously, so for the sake of light humour, I’m joking, of course.

She’s never been right.

Either way, it won’t go to waste. Her mum likes baking and failing that, it’ll end up in the Cafod box (if that’s still a thing)

I do like a chapatti.

However, here’s the conundrum I’m in, do I use the flour, and therefore endorse her actions, or do I forego my affinity of thin bread, to prove that I was right, and it was an ill thoughtout purchase to begin with?

In our 8-year relationship, she has only been proven right on 3 occasions, and two of those occasions, were when she declared Roots Hall to be an apocalyptic cesspit & Southend United Football Club, we’re in fact, a dog **** outfit.

In these uncertain times, we can’t allow the rules of engagement to become convoluted. That way madness lies

I was going to leave it there, but someone will take it all seriously, so for the sake of light humour, I’m joking, of course.

She’s never been right.

Either way, it won’t go to waste. Her mum likes baking and failing that, it’ll end up in the Cafod box (if that’s still a thing)

There are food bank trolleys in supermarkets round here. Probably around your way to.

Finished up the last of my SR flour and coconut flour to make a traybake last weekend - incidentally, the coconut flour makes cakes very crumbly!

At Morrisons nice and early this morning, still no flour to be seen!

In all seriousness the ethnic grocers do seem to have the stuff like rice & flour that the big supermarkets struggle with.

Back