• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What am I gonna smell like?
Seriously I've heard mozzies attack people with blood type O as it's for their reproduction and they always go for where the veins are close to the surface(ankles and elbows)being favourite.

They attack the **** out of me...I'm AB+

Supposed to be going to Tenerife on 17th June with Tui, been trying for weeks on end to get through to them and failing every time. I don't want a refund, just want to move the bloody holiday!

Supposed to be going to Tenerife on 17th June with Tui, been trying for weeks on end to get through to them and failing every time. I don't want a refund, just want to move the bloody holiday!
If you can try and check their company statement on replies to questions etc. Most big organisation /companies have one, quote it in an email , state you expect a reply by whatever their timeline allows. It might shake a response. It certainly works with dealing with Southend Council and Police.

If you can try and check their company statement on replies to questions etc. Most big organisation /companies have one, quote it in an email , state you expect a reply by whatever their timeline allows. It might shake a response. It certainly works with dealing with Southend Council and Police.

There's no email! Everything is directed to the customer service phone lines - I just got through and was on hold for 8 minutes and then got cut off...so frustrating! Or they tell you to go through the "Manage my booking" section, which hasn't been working for 8 weeks!

There's no email! Everything is directed to the customer service phone lines - I just got through and was on hold for 8 minutes and then got cut off...so frustrating! Or they tell you to go through the "Manage my booking" section, which hasn't been working for 8 weeks!

Reading up on the reviews, everyone is trying to get through to them. One person has been making 50-70 calls a day, for the last two weeks. Everyone has similar stories. One customer finally got through and was speaking to an agent, but mentioned the dreaded word 'Refund', and the agent put the phone down. It seems like they are trying not to give refunds. They keep blaming the phone lines on twitter every week. It seems like they are waiting for the lockdown to finish and for money to start coming in, for whatever reason. They are clearly avoiding speaking to customers, on the phone, and on twitter. So something very bad is wrong with them. If I was you OBL, I would join the long list of complaints by using Resolver or similar, saying like everyone, you can't get through to speak to TUI. Even tho you just want to re-book, do you now trust them?

If I was you OBL, I would join the long list of complaints by using Resolver or similar, saying like everyone, you can't get through to speak to TUI. Even tho you just want to re-book, do you now trust them?
The hotel we go to in Tenerife is only available through them, we always book with Tui - we like going into the big store on Basildon Westgate and dealing with people when we book a holiday. I know these are exceptional times. I have a friend who is a resort rep manager, I'll have a word with him and see if he can get me any other way of getting hold of someone.

Loud soundtracks in films. In just about every film we have watched recently, the dialogue is pretty quiet so we turn the volume up a little. Then comes the action music and sound effects and the assault on the eardrums is deafening. I could kill the sub woofer on the system but that defeats the sound quality. So for now it's vol control in hand throughout the film!

Loud soundtracks in films. In just about every film we have watched recently, the dialogue is pretty quiet so we turn the volume up a little. Then comes the action music and sound effects and the assault on the eardrums is deafening. I could kill the sub woofer on the system but that defeats the sound quality. So for now it's vol control in hand throughout the film!

Not just films, many TV programmes are the same.

I'm A too, A neg, and I usually suffer a lot with bites. Marmite is also supposed to be a good deterrent, but eaten, not slapped on :Smile:

As for the Avon product, you can also get it on Amazon so don't have to find an Avon lady.

I'm O neg and get bitten a lot. Eat Marmite everyday for breakfast and that doesn't work ! I usually use Anthisan to stop the itching but had run out and everywhere out of stock so had to buy Superdrug own brand last week which contains hydrocortisone but found bites really improved after only two applications.

So, we finally got an email from Tui today to confirm that our holiday is not going to be happening.

We will get the offer of a refund credit plus incentive against a future holiday, or cash refund if we prefer. Can't say fairer than that really.

That's good news OBL, and I sincerely hope you get the option you choose, and without any trouble. I've been looking into it for an elderly friend who hasn't got a computer, and is in the same boat. Legally, Tui are allowed to offer the credit option, but the cash refund must happen within 14 days of asking for the refund. The problem being that Tui hope you choose the credit option, as they are in deep trouble and trying to survive. When people have chose the cash refund option, they have ignored it and still sent the credit note. I also found out this about them....

The company has also suffered from the compulsory grounding of the Boeing 737 Max plane following two fatal crashes earlier in 2019. The Hanover-based tour operator had 15 of the new Boeing planes in its fleet when it was grounded and a further 72 on order. The grounding of the planes cost Tui €293m. They have borrowed 1.8Billion Euros from a German state owned bank KfW, as a bridging loan during the Corona virus. It's shares have fallen by over 60%. The German bank obviously has confidence Tui can survive, but some travel experts aren't so sure, as going forward, travellers may not want to deal with them in any way because of the way they are acting during this crisis.

We have had some good debate around the idea of separate identity fan groups, all okay.
And in the US of A zero seems to have changed since before the days of MLK; crazed bullying cops, a mindless murder by Cop, and now bedlam and mass rioting.
I am fully aware that the UK is far from perfect yet positive changes here have, (and as first mentioned are) happened.
WT heck is wrong with so many people?

Mozzies again. I offered to strim the back and front whilst she mowed. Absolutely bloody slaughtered. God how I hate the evil little gits.

Both Leigh Tesco Expresses were targetted last night, the Broadway one was ram-raided, and the London Road one, where my son works, was hit by a pair of shoplifters trying to escape with £300 worth of goods. When challenged, the female of the two assaulted and then spat in the face of one of my son's female colleagues. Vile individual.

Back