• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

That hole you're digging is getting deeper :Smile2:, Fancy losing to a wrinkly, the disgrace of it all.

I know, I’m young fit and healthy. He is old and decrepit and beat me!

Says a lot about my golfing skills or lack of!

I know, I’m young fit and healthy. He is old and decrepit and beat me!

Says a lot about my golfing skills or lack of!
Theres many an old boy still playing at low handicaps who can hold there own.
May not be able to drive as long as they did but vary rareley miss the fairway.
Plenty of times i've seen an old boy letting me through and taking a breather on the back nine being a few shots over par.
Met a guy once in his eighties who used a 1 iron! For anyone who doesn't play golf it's the club you use in a thunderstorm (not even god can hit a 1 iron).

Theres many an old boy still playing at low handicaps who can hold there own.
May not be able to drive as long as they did but vary rareley miss the fairway.
Plenty of times i've seen an old boy letting me through and taking a breather on the back nine being a few shots over par.
Met a guy once in his eighties who used a 1 iron! For anyone who doesn't play golf it's the club you use in a thunderstorm (not even god can hit a 1 iron).

It’s all tongue in cheek to be honest, it’s just because it’s my father in law and he’s a smug git about it!

It’s all tongue in cheek to be honest, it’s just because it’s my father in law and he’s a smug git about it!
I know mate but that's why it's a great game and true leveller with handicaps.
Absolutely rubbish myself but love it.

Anyone else get ****ed off with local community Facebook pages? Ours is terrible, they love posting a picture of someone doing something rather than confronting the person. It’s so bitchy and pathetic!

Anyone else get ****ed off with local community Facebook pages? Ours is terrible, they love posting a picture of someone doing something rather than confronting the person. It’s so bitchy and pathetic!

Yep. Our's is pretty bad at times too. I think I'm likely to get thrown off it though because I keep making sarcastic comments.

One person asked for someone to come round and look at their Bosch washing machine. I replied, "I don't need to, I can look at my own".

Another asked for an automatic driving instructor. I replied, "Sorry, but I think you might have to go with a human."

Cats, vets and dog ****. Took Maurice the rescue cat to the vets today as he has a dodgy tooth. He's sat on Mrs RHB's lap in his cage and the smell emanating from his area was a bit ripe. Got to the vets, handed over Maurice to the vet in their car park and the smell was still pretty rank. Discovered I had trodden in dog **** when getting into the car and it's all over my left trainer, the clutch pedal and part of the car mat. Finish cleaning that lot off and then the vet re-appears. Our pussy has four teeth that need extraction as they are infected and loose (normal for a 13 year old he said). We belong to the well pet club which reduces the cost of dental work but it will still be £400/500 to fix things. So what's hacking me off? Cats, vets and dog **** in no particular order.:Angry:

Cats, vets and dog ****. Took Maurice the rescue cat to the vets today as he has a dodgy tooth. He's sat on Mrs RHB's lap in his cage and the smell emanating from his area was a bit ripe. Got to the vets handed over Maurice to the vet in their car park and the smell was still pretty rank. Discover I have trodden in dog **** when getting into the car and it's all over my left trainer, the clutch pedal and part of the car mat. Finish cleaning that lot off and then the vet re-appears. Our pussy has four teeth that need extraction as they are infected (normal for a 13 year old he said). We belong to the well pet club which reduces the cost of dental work but it will still be £400/500 to fix things. So what's hacking me off? Cats, vets and dog **** in no particular order.:Angry:

I love animals, especially dogs and cats. But for three reasons, I will never have a dog again. Picking up dog poo, vet bills I can't afford, and of course the heartache and loss when they pass away.

I love animals, especially dogs and cats. But for three reasons, I will never have a dog again. Picking up dog poo, vet bills I can't afford, and of course the heartache and loss when they pass away.

My father-in-law is the same. He absolutely loves dogs, has always had them, but swears he’ll never go down that road again, purely because of the heartbreak it causes when they head over the rainbow bridge.

My two staffies are starting to get on a bit now (oldest is 14), and of course I’m dreading that inevitable day. But no matter how devastating it will be, I’ll always know that I gave him the best life he could have wished for, and if not for me, who knows what could have happened to him.

I see those poor animals stuck in cages in shelters, and it does break my heart. If it means I have to suffer for a while, then so be it, but saving a dogs life, is something that dog will forever be grateful for, which makes it all worthwhile.

Not saying that in a condescending or judgemental way either mate. I know everyone & their circumstances are different.

It’s just my own personal way of coping with the grief, I guess ??‍♂️

My Amazon account being hacked in US and Amazon customer service being next to useless. Luckily my card provider fraud team were right on it and sorted.

Lesson learnt to remove card details after each purchase.

Started getting my driveway done last friday, they started Friday, worked Monday and said Tarmac next which should be tomorrow. Now the tarmac isn’t turning up until Monday. Then after that they have to lay the resin. Nearly 3 weeks to do my driveway! Taken on too much work and got ****ing greedy! I’m not overly too angry though as their work is outstanding.

Back