• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BT imposing a plan change and price hike with 6 months of current deal left!

City Fibre. They've dug up so many verges, pavements, drive entrances and roads round our area to lay their cable for Vodaphone and their making good is rubbish. Pah!

You are going to call the police over a car parked on the street?

I assume you've never been involved in Neighbourhood Watch? If it was nicked then the owner might be quite grateful. You're just checking to see if something has been stolen - and it was parked illegally so was consistent with having been abandoned. You're not ringing any emergency numbers, so what is your problem with this?

As it goes, it finally moved this afternoon, and is back on the drive of a house round the corner where they had a big, very drunken, noisy afternoon into evening gathering on Saturday. Clearly not at all concerned with any limitations on back garden meet ups, as they've only got a 40' garden.

I assume you've never been involved in Neighbourhood Watch? If it was nicked then the owner might be quite grateful. You're just checking to see if something has been stolen - and it was parked illegally so was consistent with having been abandoned. You're not ringing any emergency numbers, so what is your problem with this?

As it goes, it finally moved this afternoon, and is back on the drive of a house round the corner where they had a big, very drunken, noisy afternoon into evening gathering on Saturday. Clearly not at all concerned with any limitations on back garden meet ups, as they've only got a 40' garden.

Bosch repair service. Our fan oven sparked, the bulb was blown and the fan wouldn't turn off. Phone call to Bosch support to request a service call (it's not in warranty). Turns out that Stellisons are their service agents for our area and they will call me, They didn't. I ring them and the earliest I can get an engineer is 7th August. I asked if it was worth going back to Bosch and the lady reckoned not as a lot of their engineers are still on furlough! So we have two weeks of not having a proper oven and maybe longer if spare parts are needed. Seriously ****ed off.

Bosch repair service. Our fan oven sparked, the bulb was blown and the fan wouldn't turn off. Phone call to Bosch support to request a service call (it's not in warranty). Turns out that Stellisons are their service agents for our area and they will call me, They didn't. I ring them and the earliest I can get an engineer is 7th August. I asked if it was worth going back to Bosch and the lady reckoned not as a lot of their engineers are still on furlough! So we have two weeks of not having a proper oven and maybe longer if spare parts are needed. Seriously ****ed off.

I had a similar issue with a Panasonic TV a few years ago. I rang Panasonic. They gave me the name of the local service centre. I rang them. They told me that the initial call out was £100, but that the make and model of the TV was so old they couldn't get the parts for it so I would be better off buying a new TV.

I rang a couple of other places, one of which was much closer than the official service centre. He told me to bring it in. I did. He diagnosed the fault, sourced and installed the part, all for £50. I had the TV back up and running in 2 days. It's still on the wall now.

The moral of this story: don't bother with the official service agents, especially if you're out of warranty.

A potential broken finger. I took my boys to the cricket club last night to have a hit in the nets. Whilst waiting for the people before us to vacate we were doing a bit of catching practice. I managed to take a really hard throw from my son on the end of my finger. It ****ing hurt! It's swollen and is starting to turn purple.

My wife reckons it might be broken, but I'm not 100% sure. Either way there isn't much you can do with it, other than let it sort itself out.

It still hurts though.

I lost a book of stamps on Wednesday, As I Realised I was retracing my steps and I saw a gentleman who looked like he was partial to fish, carrying a skillet picking them up in the distance.

Last edited:
A potential broken finger. I took my boys to the cricket club last night to have a hit in the nets. Whilst waiting for the people before us to vacate we were doing a bit of catching practice. I managed to take a really hard throw from my son on the end of my finger. It ****ing hurt! It's swollen and is starting to turn purple.

My wife reckons it might be broken, but I'm not 100% sure. Either way there isn't much you can do with it, other than let it sort itself out.

It still hurts though.

Not something to ignore and hope it repairs itself.

I broke my RH ring finger around a year ago playing football (my turn in goal and a 200mph shot pinned my finger between post and ball). After x-rays confirmed the break I was expecting to be told to strap it to the next finger and go away. Instead I got made an individual splint made for my finger and then followed that up with intense physio for months and the tendons fused to the knuckle and I couldn't bend it. Was told it will never fully recover but at least their help has made it 80% better than it would have been.

Be careful with these things!

Not something to ignore and hope it repairs itself.

I broke my RH ring finger around a year ago playing football (my turn in goal and a 200mph shot pinned my finger between post and ball). After x-rays confirmed the break I was expecting to be told to strap it to the next finger and go away. Instead I got made an individual splint made for my finger and then followed that up with intense physio for months and the tendons fused to the knuckle and I couldn't bend it. Was told it will never fully recover but at least their help has made it 80% better than it would have been.

Be careful with these things!

Indeed. I believe Jeroen Boere was out for some time with a broken finger too. The difference here is that I can bend it (although not fully and not without pain), can type with it, and have just managed a TRX session with it. It is going a nice shade of purple though!

11644131.jpg

So travellers have been pulling up with their horse box in tow, from other nearby parts of Essex, (The Sadlers Farm site, and Basildon sites they think) park on the grass verges, and take their horse into the paddling pool on Canvey. They've been allowed to get away with it for so long that the residents are saying it's regular now on a hot day. I would like to know how? I wouldn't get away with it if I took a horse into that pool, not that I'd ever be that stupid. There's no thought for families and kids, and hygiene. Why do they get away with things for so long, that it then gets worse?
This from the echo.

‘IDIOTIC’ horse owners were seen helping their animals cool off at a kids’ paddling pool at the beach... despite dogs being banned at the seafront hot spot.

Furious families blasted the men seen at Concord Beach pool on Canvey’s seafront on Wednesday, as children frolicked nearby in the July heatwave.

Parents and families raised concerns about possible health hazards and dangers, as well as pointing out their dogs are banned but others feel it’s suitable for horses.
More than 60 residents joined the conversation on Facebook about the horses at the pool.

One mother said: “This is getting a regular thing and happened twice this week and it should not be allowed. People park on the grass verges with their cars and horse boxes.”
Another posted: “No it’s not right, children go in there, don’t tell me a horse knows he must not empty his bladder or bowels. It’s disgusting and that is why they stopped dogs on beaches.”
Ray Howard MBE, former Tory Canvey councillor, shared the concerns from the parents.

He said: “I understand the anger from parents, horses carry dirt and that’s likely to end up in our paddling pool. The pool is needed so much and used by families especially when it’s hot and the tide is out.

“I wouldn’t like to see horses in the pool if I was there with my grandchildren. These people who took the horses into the water did not think about the health risks, it looks like they were cooling off their animals but this is no excuse at all.
“This is not a good idea and especially when our seafront is busy due to the hot weather.”

Back