• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

11644131.jpg

So travellers have been pulling up with their horse box in tow, from other nearby parts of Essex, (The Sadlers Farm site, and Basildon sites they think) park on the grass verges, and take their horse into the paddling pool on Canvey. They've been allowed to get away with it for so long that the residents are saying it's regular now on a hot day. I would like to know how? I wouldn't get away with it if I took a horse into that pool, not that I'd ever be that stupid. There's no thought for families and kids, and hygiene. Why do they get away with things for so long, that it then gets worse?
This from the echo.

‘IDIOTIC’ horse owners were seen helping their animals cool off at a kids’ paddling pool at the beach... despite dogs being banned at the seafront hot spot.

Furious families blasted the men seen at Concord Beach pool on Canvey’s seafront on Wednesday, as children frolicked nearby in the July heatwave.

Parents and families raised concerns about possible health hazards and dangers, as well as pointing out their dogs are banned but others feel it’s suitable for horses.
More than 60 residents joined the conversation on Facebook about the horses at the pool.

One mother said: “This is getting a regular thing and happened twice this week and it should not be allowed. People park on the grass verges with their cars and horse boxes.”
Another posted: “No it’s not right, children go in there, don’t tell me a horse knows he must not empty his bladder or bowels. It’s disgusting and that is why they stopped dogs on beaches.”
Ray Howard MBE, former Tory Canvey councillor, shared the concerns from the parents.

He said: “I understand the anger from parents, horses carry dirt and that’s likely to end up in our paddling pool. The pool is needed so much and used by families especially when it’s hot and the tide is out.

“I wouldn’t like to see horses in the pool if I was there with my grandchildren. These people who took the horses into the water did not think about the health risks, it looks like they were cooling off their animals but this is no excuse at all.
“This is not a good idea and especially when our seafront is busy due to the hot weather.”
The police are rushing down to give the traveller gentleman a slap on the wrist as we speak!

11644131.jpg

So travellers have been pulling up with their horse box in tow, from other nearby parts of Essex, (The Sadlers Farm site, and Basildon sites they think) park on the grass verges, and take their horse into the paddling pool on Canvey. They've been allowed to get away with it for so long that the residents are saying it's regular now on a hot day. I would like to know how? I wouldn't get away with it if I took a horse into that pool, not that I'd ever be that stupid. There's no thought for families and kids, and hygiene. Why do they get away with things for so long, that it then gets worse?
This from the echo.

‘IDIOTIC’ horse owners were seen helping their animals cool off at a kids’ paddling pool at the beach... despite dogs being banned at the seafront hot spot.

Furious families blasted the men seen at Concord Beach pool on Canvey’s seafront on Wednesday, as children frolicked nearby in the July heatwave.

Parents and families raised concerns about possible health hazards and dangers, as well as pointing out their dogs are banned but others feel it’s suitable for horses.
More than 60 residents joined the conversation on Facebook about the horses at the pool.

One mother said: “This is getting a regular thing and happened twice this week and it should not be allowed. People park on the grass verges with their cars and horse boxes.”
Another posted: “No it’s not right, children go in there, don’t tell me a horse knows he must not empty his bladder or bowels. It’s disgusting and that is why they stopped dogs on beaches.”
Ray Howard MBE, former Tory Canvey councillor, shared the concerns from the parents.

He said: “I understand the anger from parents, horses carry dirt and that’s likely to end up in our paddling pool. The pool is needed so much and used by families especially when it’s hot and the tide is out.

“I wouldn’t like to see horses in the pool if I was there with my grandchildren. These people who took the horses into the water did not think about the health risks, it looks like they were cooling off their animals but this is no excuse at all.
“This is not a good idea and especially when our seafront is busy due to the hot weather.”

Can't we just encourage them to jump off the end of Southend Pier instead. I'm not talking about the horses here either :Smile:

I wonder how many people moaning about travellers have left a fridge or washing machine outside their house to magically disappear.

When my step dad died end of Jan, it was suggested we left the cooker & old washing machine on his driveway. He lived in Bull Lane Rayleigh, & a neighbour told us 'certain people' drove along there on a daily basis looking for scrap.
We did, & they had both gone by the following morning!.

When my step dad died end of Jan, it was suggested we left the cooker & old washing machine on his driveway. He lived in Bull Lane Rayleigh, & a neighbour told us 'certain people' drove along there on a daily basis looking for scrap.
We did, & they had both gone by the following morning!.

Lots of people do it but where do they think all the non profitable parts end up?

I wonder how many people moaning about travellers have left a fridge or washing machine outside their house to magically disappear.

That's a poor comparison. I have phoned up to have a washing machine picked up and a fridge/freezer picked up for free by a scrap metal guy. One in Shoebury, one in Southend, in the last 8 years. And then another fridge in Shoebury from an elderly lady I was helping. 3 different scrap firms. None were Irish travellers. One did turn up 3 days later than he said, so it did look like the fridge was dumped outside. Last I heard, is scrap metal firms pick up for free, and the council charge a tenner.

That's a poor comparison. I have phoned up to have a washing machine picked up and a fridge/freezer picked up for free by a scrap metal guy. One in Shoebury, one in Southend, in the last 8 years. And then another fridge in Shoebury from an elderly lady I was helping. 3 different scrap firms. None were Irish travellers. One did turn up 3 days later than he said, so it did look like the fridge was dumped outside. Last I heard, is scrap metal firms pick up for free, and the council charge a tenner.

Fair enough. Many people don't make that phone call though.

White goods are almost worthless as scrap value but help to bulk out what gets sent to China or India. Hot tip, don't buy vehicles made in said countries, you might get your old fridge back.

Police cars and vans at Chalkwell station earlier. Not sure why, hopefully not a repeat of what happened a week ago.

There was a large teenage meet tonight (probable revenge fight) planned for Chalkwell Park. So police have done a dispersal order up until 4am, for the whole area. Also turning back youths coming on the train.

By the way, comments now coming out that the paddling pool is not that deep, and some of the horses previously were seen to be weeing and/or pooing in the pool.

The ****ing Post Office. Three days ago the postman delivered a PO card saying that they could not deliver an item because the sender did not pay the full postage. I wasn't expecting anything but being a good citizen I logged onto the PO site and paid the fee. £2!! They asked when I would like it delivered so I said Friday (31st) and they confirmed ok in an email to me. Friday came and went and now the postman has just delivered an ordinary envelope with a PO label attached which is the offending letter. Inside was the receipt from the vets for the cat's last lot of eye drops. FFS, two quid for a poxy ordinary letter. :Angry:

There was a large teenage meet tonight (probable revenge fight) planned for Chalkwell Park. So police have done a dispersal order up until 4am, for the whole area. Also turning back youths coming on the train.

Back in 1980s there, was a rumour that the ICF were going to turn up at my secondary school for a fight.

Obviously they thought better of it or picked an easier target.

Back