• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Our company released on Monday that they have to get rid of 35% of the workforce. Which is over 250 employees. 8% of my department is being cut. All of those whose job roles are at risk have been informed.

We had news on redundancies today, wasn't affected by the 1st wave luckily. Think we will see big numbers of unemployment over the next year

We had news on redundancies today, wasn't affected by the 1st wave luckily. Think we will see big numbers of unemployment over the next year

Yeah same, I’m not affected in this exercise as the letter said. That says to me that there will no doubt be more. A full two week lockdown in October will be catastrophic for all of us.

Yeah same, I’m not affected in this exercise as the letter said. That says to me that there will no doubt be more. A full two week lockdown in October will be catastrophic for all of us.
I actually think I'm pretty safe. I oversee delegated claims authorities and one thing Covid has given the insurance industry is claims! So I can't realistically see me being at risk for a couple of years. I do feel for those that are though, especially those that have not been in their jobs long enough to get a decent redundancy package

I actually think I'm pretty safe. I oversee delegated claims authorities and one thing Covid has given the insurance industry is claims! So I can't realistically see me being at risk for a couple of years. I do feel for those that are though, especially those that have not been in their jobs long enough to get a decent redundancy package

Thats me! I’m potentially at risk if the slump continues in aviation and have only been with the company just under a year.

Thats me! I’m potentially at risk if the slump continues in aviation and have only been with the company just under a year.
Sorry to hear mate. We stopped writing aviation in January, so our exposure isn't much there but I think the business interruption is going to be paid from the court ruling (it is being appealed by insurers) so aviation might not be hit as hard as you think

Sorry to hear mate. We stopped writing aviation in January, so our exposure isn't much there but I think the business interruption is going to be paid from the court ruling (it is being appealed by insurers) so aviation might not be hit as hard as you think

Fingers crossed, glad to hear you have a good amount of job security. Funny old thing I left a really secure job nearly a year ago.

The panic buying started up again yesterday, Ggrr, because of the new restrictions. Same as last time, it's started with toilet rolls. Many ASDA's including at Basildon Pipps Hill, had their shelves and out back stock bought, in case of a full lockdown. Panic buying on all the other stuff that disappeared last time could emerge. The problem is, if you don't join these stupid people, you get caught out.

Found out Interest Rates on my NS&I Income bonds are going from 1.16% to 0.01%. There's me thinking the government needed money to pay for all this Covid and furlough costs. I think i'll take my money elsewhere.

Will probably earn greater interest withdrawing it and shoving it under my mattress (Negative Interest rates will be coming people)

The panic buying started up again yesterday, Ggrr, because of the new restrictions. Same as last time, it's started with toilet rolls. Many ASDA's including at Basildon Pipps Hill, had their shelves and out back stock bought, in case of a full lockdown. Panic buying on all the other stuff that disappeared last time could emerge. The problem is, if you don't join these stupid people, you get caught out.

We didn't get involved last time, and we also didn't get caught out.

Found out Interest Rates on my NS&I Income bonds are going from 1.16% to 0.01%. There's me thinking the government needed money to pay for all this Covid and furlough costs. I think i'll take my money elsewhere.

Will probably earn greater interest withdrawing it and shoving it under my mattress (Negative Interest rates will be coming people)
Nationwide do reasonable rates of interest on current accounts for first six months if you are looking to switch.

Nationwide do reasonable rates of interest on current accounts for first six months if you are looking to switch.
Had a Nationwide account (when it was 5%) so can't get another one (had two, one single and one joint)

Lucky enough to have £25k in savings which i'm floating around various banks trying to get the best interest rate. Was in Santander until they dropped from 1.5% to 1% and then 0.6%.

Will probably plum for Premium Bonds and hope i get average luck on winnings (around £25 ish a month)

Had a Nationwide account (when it was 5%) so can't get another one (had two, one single and one joint)

Lucky enough to have £25k in savings which i'm floating around various banks trying to get the best interest rate. Was in Santander until they dropped from 1.5% to 1% and then 0.6%.

Will probably plum for Premium Bonds and hope i get average luck on winnings (around £25 ish a month)

savings? stick it in a tracker fund!

Back