• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

savings? stick it in a tracker fund!
Savings but I do dip into it now and again.

Not keen in the current market to dump it onto a tracker fund.

My pension is following in US and UK equities and i lost £30k from my pension during March / April. Luckily its back up to where it was pre-lockdown.

Vehicle crossing (Dropped Kerb to you and me). New driveway nearly finished and I delved into what permissions I need to get a vehicle crossing. After an hour of ploughing through the Council website I now know a lot more but it is total minefield understanding what to do. Example - the council's list of fees and payments is 50 pages long, totally balls aching ploughing through that to find costs.

Going down to Newquay Thursday morning for a few days and the weather ain’t that great, add the 44mph winds when we arrive also, still Saturday looks ok i can’t whinge to much.

Vehicle crossing (Dropped Kerb to you and me). New driveway nearly finished and I delved into what permissions I need to get a vehicle crossing. After an hour of ploughing through the Council website I now know a lot more but it is total minefield understanding what to do. Example - the council's list of fees and payments is 50 pages long, totally balls aching ploughing through that to find costs.

Are you going to go ahead with it? I’ve just had my driveway done and would like to drop the other part of the kerb but I’ve heard nothing but issues with it. I know it’s different as I come under Braintree council but would be intrigued to know the process you have to go through for yours?

What type of driveway have you gone for?

Savings but I do dip into it now and again.

Not keen in the current market to dump it onto a tracker fund.

My pension is following in US and UK equities and i lost £30k from my pension during March / April. Luckily its back up to where it was pre-lockdown.

Fair enough - Ive got some cash in a fund that invests in tech and it's grown about 27% since last year.

Fair enough - Ive got some cash in a fund that invests in tech and it's grown about 27% since last year.
Very good returns. Will be doing that when all building projects in the house has finished then it just pure savings left. Who do you use as your platform of choice, Hargreaves Landsdown? or another

The house we are in has one.

The previous owners thought about getting on, had the survey etc but decided not to go ahead as was too costly. Neighbours two doors down did decide to get on, but there must have been a mix up with the paperwork as the workmen placed a drop curb outside our house.

Thurrock council then had the cheek to ask the previous owners of our house to pay for the cost.

Going down to Newquay Thursday morning for a few days and the weather ain’t that great, add the 44mph winds when we arrive also, still Saturday looks ok i can’t whinge to much.

You don't go on holiday in the UK expecting good weather. If you get it, it's a bonus. There's so much to do in Cornwall regardless of weather I'm sure you'll still have a great time.

Are you going to go ahead with it? I’ve just had my driveway done and would like to drop the other part of the kerb but I’ve heard nothing but issues with it. I know it’s different as I come under Braintree council but would be intrigued to know the process you have to go through for yours?

What type of driveway have you gone for?
We've got block paving. I've got a guy coming round next wednesday. It looks as if he will draw up the plans and do the work. I'll let you know how it goes and what's involved.

Broken glasses! They've snapped on the bridge and as they are a metal frame they are tf'd. Got an old pair for the moment but more pain to the wallet is on the horizon very soon.

Broken glasses! They've snapped on the bridge and as they are a metal frame they are tf'd. Got an old pair for the moment but more pain to the wallet is on the horizon very soon.

Especially if they're bifocals.I feel your pain.

I've always had a spare pair every since the time (in the late 70's) when a "client " at the Probation Hostel where I was working took a swing at me one night (blamed me for his forthcoming eviction for non-payment of rent).I wouldn't have minded too much but I had at interview at Harrow Tech.the next day for a teaching job I didn't get.Basically I'm blind as a bat without glasses (used to wear contacts in my playing days but gave up).

Especially if they're bifocals.I feel your pain.

I've always had a spare pair every since the time (in the late 70's) when a "client " at the Probation Hostel where I was working took a swing at me one night (blamed me for his forthcoming eviction for non-payment of rent).I wouldn't have minded too much but I had at interview at Harrow Tech.the next day for a teaching job I didn't get.Basically I'm blind as a bat without glasses (used to wear contacts in my playing days but gave up).
Luckily? I'm short sighted. As I'm retired I'm seriously thinking of getting the cheapest frame I can realistically get away with as I really only use my specs for watching TV/theatre/cinema/live football these days and, with the exception of the TV, there ain't too much of the other stuff available at the moment

Back