• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Thanks for the info TSNB but I need specs for distance vision so they need to be prescribed.

I'd try this out:

I-Spex

The guy that owns it also does an online service but I can't remember what the URL is. Call him.

He's based in Bushey but he's actually a Southend fan.

Found it. Here's the on line shop:

Nuspecs

Last edited:
This...

Covid: Clashes as police shut down protest over new rules https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54309603

Listening to some of those protesters on the TV and radio, some saying the virus is false, etc, etc. Conspiracy theorist types. Some saying social distancing is a waste of time and against their freedom rights. I couldn't believe it. I wish they could go and see what's going on in the hospitals, or to talk to nurses, doctors or paramedics dealing with people surviving or dying with the virus.

Listening to some of those protesters on the TV and radio, some saying the virus is false, etc, etc. Conspiracy theorist types. Some saying social distancing is a waste of time and against their freedom rights. I couldn't believe it. I wish they could go and see what's going on in the hospitals, or to talk to nurses, doctors or paramedics dealing with people surviving or dying with the virus.

I work with a guy who’s aunt and uncle both died of the virus earlier in the year.

Last week, two of his cousins (the children of the deceased) were put onto life support machines in separate hospitals. One sadly passed away, and the other is still fighting.

Their respective kids (who are adults), now have to isolate, and await their own outcome.

In the space of a few months, an entire family has been decimated by this virus.

And yet, on Friday I was forced to listen to a customer at my workplace telling me how it’s all fake & a Government plot to control us.

I do believe there is absolutely a conspiracy going on here. Although it’s got nothing to do with Bill Gates, 5G, George Soros, or Hollywood nonces.

The misinformation and false propaganda that is being spread, likely comes from our highest office & is designed to cause confusion, and undermine reality, in a bold attempt to take focus away from the sheer incompetence of the people who are in charge. It’s a simple case of divide and rule.

Rems v PSG have a fair crowd in but by no means socially distanced or gangs of 6. I appreciate it's France but surely they had worse covid issues than us a couple of weeks ago

You're right, over 11k daily cases today and recently as high as 16k+ also numbers in hospital increasing much faster than in the UK.

Crazy huh?

On a personal viewpoint, has buggered up my planned 2 trips out there & Belgium pre Christmas to stock up on cheap booze & Baccy, before pre EU customs allowances kick back in!.
But on a serious note, i wouldn't be in the least surprised if we reach that figure ( & even more ) within the next month or so?.

Just received a red letter from DVLA advising my car is untaxed. And I owe them money...

It was stolen last May, and now they want to me send a letter explaining the circumstances, even though as I explained the insurance company are now the owners. They can do one ! FFS!

Just received a red letter from DVLA advising my car is untaxed. And I owe them money...

It was stolen last May, and now they want to me send a letter explaining the circumstances, even though as I explained the insurance company are now the owners. They can do one ! FFS!

I got an email this morning from the DVLA saying that my road tax had expired, and that I need to log into my account and pay the money ASAP, or risk a £300-odd penalty.

Quick check on the DVLA website, shows my car is still taxed until Oct 1st, which is Thursday.

I got an email this morning from the DVLA saying that my road tax had expired, and that I need to log into my account and pay the money ASAP, or risk a £300-odd penalty.

Quick check on the DVLA website, shows my car is still taxed until Oct 1st, which is Thursday.
They’re numpties mate. They cancelled the DD on my new car as well, then wrote a similar letter stating it was untaxed. So I had to re-instate it.

I‘ve now got both our cars re-set up on DD, which costs a little more, but spreads the cost. Any they’ve not cancelled either again so far...

Reactions: GBJ
Time scales for installing a vehicle crossing (dropped kerb). The guy I'm using to draw my plans for the crossing is also going to manage the process for me with Southend Council and Marlborough Contractors. He reckons it could take 5 months in total to get it finished. FFS!

'Jobsworth' in Morrisons Hadleigh this morning. They have re-implemented the queuing system down 1 long aisle for checkouts ( only usually 3 or 4 manned or womaned at any time! ), & when your at the front a staff member tells you which Till to go to.
Was in there about 8.15am, place was nigh on empty & walked straight to front as no queue. Only 1 Till being operated then, shopper was packing her bags, so i stepped forward to go to it & place items on the belt.
'Jobsworth' bloke says 'please step back behind the yellow line' FFS!. Told him there was no-one within 20 plus foot of me, so what's the problem?. No answer!.

Nearly finished writing the Christmas quiz and have a song stuck in my mind and can't work out the title - this is going to bug me all night!!!

Back