• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Savings but I do dip into it now and again.

Not keen in the current market to dump it onto a tracker fund.

My pension is following in US and UK equities and i lost £30k from my pension during March / April. Luckily its back up to where it was pre-lockdown.
Wow, if your pension is back to where it was you have been amazingly astute.
I am still down massively. A lot of people are also not factoring in the extra money they have paid in over the last 6 months and so are actually worse off than they thought they were. ( I didn’t do this for a while as I didn’t want to know the truth)

Wow, if your pension is back to where it was you have been amazingly astute.
I am still down massively. A lot of people are also not factoring in the extra money they have paid in over the last 6 months and so are actually worse off than they thought they were. ( I didn’t do this for a while as I didn’t want to know the truth)

Not sure about my pensions, but my normal investments (ISAs etc.) have all recovered.

Currently in business call and they’re making redundancies. Luckily my part of the biz was saved as were the only ones actually making money.

'Jobsworth' in Morrisons Hadleigh this morning. They have re-implemented the queuing system down 1 long aisle for checkouts ( only usually 3 or 4 manned or womaned at any time! ), & when your at the front a staff member tells you which Till to go to.
Was in there about 8.15am, place was nigh on empty & walked straight to front as no queue. Only 1 Till being operated then, shopper was packing her bags, so i stepped forward to go to it & place items on the belt.
'Jobsworth' bloke says 'please step back behind the yellow line' FFS!. Told him there was no-one within 20 plus foot of me, so what's the problem?. No answer!.
Maybe cut the guy some slack, he's doing his job, no matter how 'jobsworth' you might feel it is. For all you know he might have been letting people do what you did and then been told off for not following the rules.

Maybe cut the guy some slack, he's doing his job, no matter how 'jobsworth' you might feel it is. For all you know he might have been letting people do what you did and then been told off for not following the rules.

There's a difference from doing your job, & just using basic common sense if the situation warrants it.

Currently in business call and they’re making redundancies. Luckily my part of the biz was saved as were the only ones actually making money.

I have seen some horror shows over the years.

The worst was a manager waiting at the entrance and diverting people into a large office.

Once the second or third low performer was in the room they clocked what was happening but had to wait an hour for everyone being let go to arrive. Then they were all made redundant including the manager.

I have also seen someone being let go by accident because they shared the same name as another employee - they got a phone call from HR on the train telling them to come back.

Having worked for a few banks they are quite humane - people get a phone call, are summoned to sign a piece of paper waiving their rights in return for some cash and they are gone. The first thing everyone else knows about it is that people disappear from Outlook/Skype. Far better than all this 'at risk' crap and at least they can go straight down the pub.

If it was going to happen to me I would rather get a phone call at 5am telling me not to bother coming in.

There's a difference from doing your job, & just using basic common sense if the situation warrants it.
from my experience in customer service 'common sense' isn't always applied and there's normally a reason for that. Businesses have to be seen to be following the COVID rules and they want to ensure people can use their services without feeling at risk, and so enforcing the rules, even if petty and sometimes unnecessary is still important.

Give customer-facing staff some slack, they're doing a difficult job in difficult circumstances and does it really hurt you to follow the rules and wait until invited forward? seems very petty. If they get sick they're screwed because sick leave policies are often poor, especially if on a zero-hour contract. If they get sacked for not following the rules and a pedantic manager spots them, they're also screwed, because unemployment is skyrocketing.

from my experience in customer service 'common sense' isn't always applied and there's normally a reason for that. Businesses have to be seen to be following the COVID rules and they want to ensure people can use their services without feeling at risk, and so enforcing the rules, even if petty and sometimes unnecessary is still important.
Give customer-facing staff some slack, they're doing a difficult job in difficult circumstances and does it really hurt you to follow the rules and wait until invited forward? seems very petty. If they get sick they're screwed because sick leave policies are often poor, especially if on a zero-hour contract. If they get sacked for not following the rules and a pedantic manager spots them, they're also screwed, because unemployment is skyrocketing.

Funnily enough i've just returned from Morrisons. The yellow line which was there at the front of the queue has been removed!.
People in front of me were at least 2 -3 ft in front of where it was, & the guy directing people to the Tills by the side of them, wasn't saying a word to any of them!.

Funnily enough i've just returned from Morrisons. The yellow line which was there at the front of the queue has been removed!.
People in front of me were at least 2 -3 ft in front of where it was, & the guy directing people to the Tills by the side of them, wasn't saying a word to any of them!.
I bet that made your day. Congrats

So we are suddenly being encouraged to go to the pictures. An enclosed dark environment with people coughing and sneezing and nobody able to police the wearing of masks.
However hes still not open to a small percentage of football fans allowed back in to an open air event.

I wonder who has Cineworld shares?

Last edited:
Getting onto Cuckoo Corner roundabout. It seemed rammed whichever way you entered it this morning, especially the exit going towards London.

Getting onto Cuckoo Corner roundabout. It seemed rammed whichever way you entered it this morning, especially the exit going towards London.

Had the same hassle around lunchtime. To add to the grief caused by single lane on all approaches to The Bell a lorry had broken down on the London bound under where the bridge was. Chaos and plod were there.

On the Prince Av (towards London) the traffic lights still have a right turn delay although the right turn to Rochford Road went 6 plus months ago. The council know of that and other changes that ought to have been made to the light sequences while the work takes place but won't make them. The suspicion is that they, SBC, will make traffic light changes, and minor bus stop moves at end of road works and then claim huge success when some of the issues could be sorted, eased at least, now.

Awaiting a covid result to see if me and my partner can go away to Brighton for the weekend. It's all booked and paid for including accommodation, tattoos and restaurants etc.

Just a waiting game.

Awaiting a covid result to see if me and my partner can go away to Brighton for the weekend. It's all booked and paid for including accommodation, tattoos and restaurants etc.

Just a waiting game.

Is this due to symptoms Tommy?

I'd hope it's not something along the lines of you having to prove you're Covid free before they'll let you stay as that's a slippery slope.....

EDIT: Just seen your other post, that seems a bit odd to me

Just a waiting game.

"2020 - Brighton 9th-11th October" on your back like a band t-shirt detailing gig dates?

Hope you get the all clear.

Back