• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

People that speak as if everything is a question? Even when making a statement? "It's raining out?"...Grr!

People that speak as if everything is a question? Even when making a statement? "It's raining out?"...Grr!

I blame the introduction of Neighbours & Home & Away into our homes for that, it’s predominantly an Aussie thing, where every utterance is a question.

Raising the voice at the end of a sentence that makes the statement sound like a question and a question sound like an interrogation seems to be common in Australian and also American accents- it’s apparently called a High Rising Terminal (HRT for short...)
And I agree, it’s bloody annoying?

The fact that anything other than Taste The Difference/Finest supermarket satsumas and tangerines are inedible filth.

No. There has been a schism, a growing rift between taste the difference fruit and regular fruit for quite a while now.
Try a fruit and veg shop rather than a supermarket and you will notice another difference.
The farm shop on Canewdon Road nr Ashingdon is very good.
Smith's in HCt Rd, or the very very busy place Leigh Broadway West.

Same logic as with butchers, the small independent is worth going to.

No. There has been a schism, a growing rift between taste the difference fruit and regular fruit for quite a while now.

There has indeed. The big supermarkets have squeezed and squeezed on prices so they're only supplied with the cheapest rubbish. Then they have the cheek to charge extra for anything with the merest hint of taste. We get a weekly supply from Tescos, but always top up during the week from our local grocer. He's brilliant, and you really can taste the difference and he's not that much more expensive either.

As an aside, we often do the same with fish. We have an amazing local fishmonger. His fish is the best I have tasted anywhere on this planet (and that includes eating nothing but fish in the Maldives for 2 weeks on honeymoon).

My wife asked why his fish is so good. His response was that he only buys the top grade fish. So his tuna is the stuff sushi is made from. Each tuna steak is about £9, but they are so big that that's enough to feed 2. I don't know how much tuna would be in a supermarket, but I assume it's less. I guess you get what you pay for.

Getting my hands on the new biometric residents card is proving to be a bit of a pain (worth getting hold of while the withdrawal agreement lasts ie until Dec 31st)..First appointment in El Clot (central Barna) was painless.Now they actually want me to go and pick up the card in Vilanova,which is miles away.Friends based in Barna are due to pick up the card in El Clot.Obviously a diffferent approach for out of towners.

Last edited:
Southbourne Grove is being resurfaced and I'm on the job taking the plannings away. Residents were given loads of warning and the main contractor is bending over backwards to make the job as painless as possible for the locals.

So why must some arsehole be outside her house taking photos? Get a ****ing life!!

Southbourne Grove is being resurfaced and I'm on the job taking the plannings away. Residents were given loads of warning and the main contractor is bending over backwards to make the job as painless as possible for the locals.

So why must some arsehole be outside her house taking photos? Get a ****ing life!!

Haha you’re going to end up on one of those local busy-body groups on Facebook.

I haven’t used Facebook for quite some time, but it never failed to amuse me seeing people act like complete ****s on those pages.

Oooh everyone be on the lookout for a man who’s been walking up and down our road today. It could be harmless, but you can never be too sure, so I thought I’d warn people, especially as we’ve got old & vulnerable people living down our road. He’s a foreign looking man and was wearing a red jumper, shorts, knee length socks & he was carrying a reddish coloured bag with him, which I think had some writing on it, but I couldn’t make out clearly what it was. It might have said Royal, but I really don’t know.

STAY SAFE xxxxxxxx

Ha! Used to live on the corner of Bridgewater Drive & Southbourne Grove. Wouldn't have happened back in the day.

Haha you’re going to end up on one of those local busy-body groups on Facebook.

I haven’t used Facebook for quite some time, but it never failed to amuse me seeing people act like complete ****s on those pages.

Oooh everyone be on the lookout for a man who’s been walking up and down our road today. It could be harmless, but you can never be too sure, so I thought I’d warn people, especially as we’ve got old & vulnerable people living down our road. He’s a foreign looking man and was wearing a red jumper, shorts, knee length socks & he was carrying a reddish coloured bag with him, which I think had some writing on it, but I couldn’t make out clearly what it was. It might have said Royal, but I really don’t know.

STAY SAFE xxxxxxxx
I know, pathetic isn't it. She gave me the hump so much I got out and started to strike a pose for her. She just snarled and went back in. ?

I know, pathetic isn't it. She gave me the hump so much I got out and started to strike a pose for her. She just snarled and went back in. ?

I remember the days when nosey parkers & curtain twitchers would remain out of sight, for fear of being publicly shunned... and rightly so.

However the average, modern day busy-body seems to thrive on letting everyone know that they have plenty of time on their hands, and nothing better to do.

Strange old world.

Back