• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I was asked to work weekends during lockdown and found out that these, are being included in my limit of 220 billable days per year.

It has now been confirmed that I have to take six weeks of unpaid leave before Xmas.

I have already earned my years worth of money, I just don't fancy six weeks off at the moment.

It could be worse, you could have a perm role!

I am thinking about it. I am at an age (48) where I am already seeing a bit of age discrimination.

Don't! The worst thing about the job I'm doing now is that there's no end date...oh, and the lack of holidays...oh, and the goalsetting...oh, and the appraisals. The only good thing is that I'm on probation (!) for 6 months with only a week's notice. I've therefore told all my contracting agencies I'm still available at short notice.

The good thing is that I'm 50 and intend to be retired before I hit 60.

Don't! The worst thing about the job I'm doing now is that there's no end date...oh, and the lack of holidays...oh, and the goalsetting...oh, and the appraisals. The only good thing is that I'm on probation (!) for 6 months with only a week's notice. I've therefore told all my contracting agencies I'm still available at short notice.

There aren't many contracts about at the moment.

After 40 years in continual employment i was made redundant 8 years ago for the 1st time. Got the Govt min amount after 17 1/2 years at my last job. Did Agency work for 6 months ( horrible roles) before getting a perm job again.
Kept my personal pension payments going, & 16 months ago, aged 62 decided to call it a day. Drawing my private pension out yearly, ok for next 7 years at least ( if i last that long! ).
Enjoying life daily, my heart goes out to the many millions deeply concerned about their futures.

People,who don’t indicate on roundabouts..
yes I know you don’t have to but give people a f..king clue...
the mini roundabouts from chalkwell to leigh. Yes you are going straight on but a left indication let’s everyone know that and traffic flows,so much better. It’s not hard

People,who don’t indicate on roundabouts..
yes I know you don’t have to but give people a f..king clue...
the mini roundabouts from chalkwell to leigh. Yes you are going straight on but a left indication let’s everyone know that and traffic flows,so much better. It’s not hard

Yes, I've mentioned this before on here. On 3 big roundabouts in Southend area, Queensway, Cecil Jones memorial, and McDonalds Hamstel Road, the amount of drivers not indicating when turning right is incredible. So they have no signal and you think they are turning off just before you, but they carry on round the roundabout. The Cecil Jones one Sutton Road is the worst. Some people think they don't have to indicate. Maybe they think the rest of us are psychic.

Low water pressure in Hadleigh and Thundersley this morning, apparently a burst water main in West Wood. Got to sit around in my dressing gown for a bit longer than normal!

Yes, I've mentioned this before on here. On 3 big roundabouts in Southend area, Queensway, Cecil Jones memorial, and McDonalds Hamstel Road, the amount of drivers not indicating when turning right is incredible. So they have no signal and you think they are turning off just before you, but they carry on round the roundabout. The Cecil Jones one Sutton Road is the worst. Some people think they don't have to indicate. Maybe they think the rest of us are psychic.

I detest people who give the pathetic tiny hardly-move-one-finger ”thank you” when you let them out a junction etc.
For some reason that really gets my goat.
I believe they think they’re cool or getting the moral upper hand somehow, twots!

I detest people who give the pathetic tiny hardly-move-one-finger ”thank you” when you let them out a junction etc.
For some reason that really gets my goat.
I believe they think they’re cool or getting the moral upper hand somehow, twots!

Interesting, because when I was taught to drive I was told not to acknowledge someone with a hand gesture because you shouldn't be taking your hand off the wheel. Instead, I was told to nod. The problem is that most people don't see a nod and think you're rude.

Mind you, it could have been something to do with the kind of hand gestures I was using.

I counted five Just Eat delivery drivers enter and leave the premises as I queued for a Greggs this lunchtime.

I am glad people have work but what sort of person gets a Greggs delivered?

Actually it is me. I like to get a pasty, a sausage roll and a doughnut and make a triple Decker sandwich thing. I don't eat it, I take photos and show them to street people until they cry. Then I donate them cider and heroin.

(For any legal people I don't really, Apple juice and brown sugar)

Back