• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If i go on a day trip jolly up to Brussels would i have to self isolate upon my return?

Goose. 90 per cent fat .. great for spuds. you will have to roast it on a rack in/over a baking tray that is deep ! Get a big one and you will still get less meat than an average chicken.

If i go on a day trip jolly up to Brussels would i have to self isolate upon my return?

Atm,absolutely if you get off the boat.Recently heard about a young French lad who's been working for Goldman Sachs in London for the last few years.Went to Paris for the weekend where's he's just bought a flat in readiness to start work there in January.He had to self -isolate for a fortnight afterwards.

Last edited:
Atm,absolutely if you get off the boat.Recently heard about a young French lad who's been working for Goldman Sachs in London for the last few years.Went to Paris for the weekend where's he's just bought a flat in readiness to start work there in January.He had to self -isolate for a fortnight afterwards.

I thought as much. So who do I grass up a Mr Johnson from West London to ?

Last edited:
Putting the Xmas decorations up. Every sodding year it's the same. 'That doesn't go like that', that doesn't belong there' cue me saying 'do it yourself then', followed by that you are a totally inept moron look that only she can do at Xmas decs time. The rest of the year we are as one, come the decs come armageddon.

Putting the Xmas decorations up. Every sodding year it's the same. 'That doesn't go like that', that doesn't belong there' cue me saying 'do it yourself then', followed by that you are totally inept moron look can only she can do at Xmas decs time. The rest of the year we are as one, come the decs come armageddon.

We had the same with the tree, again...…….

We have a good quality fake tree which takes some time to put up and shape into an excellent result. I hate doing it so the wife said she would do it with the kids. This lasted about 10 minutes before the kids got bored and the tree looked like it had been left in heavy traffic.

I then spent the next hour just trying to reshape the branches and getting the lights on before I relinquished my duties and the rest of the decorations went on. I was given some very helpful 'tips' on how I should be doing it despite the disaster that had already befallen the poor tree.

The kids then wanted the outside lights put up so they were given footing duties on the ladder while I put up about 4 miles of lights around the house and front garden. After about 90 seconds I looked down and they'd both buggered off back indoors to use their iPads. I came in about and hour later frozen and not feeling full of festive spirit.

Putting the Xmas decorations up. Every sodding year it's the same. 'That doesn't go like that', that doesn't belong there' cue me saying 'do it yourself then', followed by that you are totally inept moron look can only she can do at Xmas decs time. The rest of the year we are as one, come the decs come armageddon.

Same problem here yesterday evening. Didn't help with me saying that the star she puts on the top of the tree is just a piece of bling and always looks ridiculous.

Fed her two large G & T's with which the error of ways was realised and now it's one of our many mini Santa's on top and the bling is in the recycle bin.

Tesco on the Mayflower. Went in there to get the last of hubby's Christmas presents for his family - giftcards. Had to resort to "Happy Birthday" Amazon ones for his nephews, we'd tried other stores earlier in the week and knew they were in short supply elsewhere. Also got two "Dining Out" ones, for different amounts.

The checkout girl just put the receipts for the gift cards down in one lot, with the cards. When we asked which one was the £20, and which was the £30, she didn't know so called a supervisor. The supervisor looked and couldn't tie up the card numbers with the receipt so said we'd have to phone up.

Over to Customer Service for them to try and resolve it. Three members of staff desperately trying to work it out - call the duty manager. He's not got a scooby either but they can't issue refunds on gift cards, he made that very clear.

We've now been in the store 40 minutes, and at Customer Service for 20 minutes, hubby is losing his rag as he has less than an hour before he needs to leave for an ambulance shift and has to have a meal before he goes yet.

Fortunately, one of the ladies took it upon herself to call the card issuer and spent about 15 minutes on the phone to speak to someone, and then stapled the correct receipt to the correct card so well done to her. Absolutely ridiculous of the cashier, and poor response from the supervisor and manager. This was their member of staff's error, not ours.

Tesco on the Mayflower. Went in there to get the last of hubby's Christmas presents for his family - giftcards. Had to resort to "Happy Birthday" Amazon ones for his nephews, we'd tried other stores earlier in the week and knew they were in short supply elsewhere. Also got two "Dining Out" ones, for different amounts.

The checkout girl just put the receipts for the gift cards down in one lot, with the cards. When we asked which one was the £20, and which was the £30, she didn't know so called a supervisor. The supervisor looked and couldn't tie up the card numbers with the receipt so said we'd have to phone up.

Over to Customer Service for them to try and resolve it. Three members of staff desperately trying to work it out - call the duty manager. He's not got a scooby either but they can't issue refunds on gift cards, he made that very clear.

We've now been in the store 40 minutes, and at Customer Service for 20 minutes, hubby is losing his rag as he has less than an hour before he needs to leave for an ambulance shift and has to have a meal before he goes yet.

Fortunately, one of the ladies took it upon herself to call the card issuer and spent about 15 minutes on the phone to speak to someone, and then stapled the correct receipt to the correct card so well done to her. Absolutely ridiculous of the cashier, and poor response from the supervisor and manager. This was their member of staff's error, not ours.
You surprise me OBL?
Going to the plague infested swamps of Basildon?
Gift cards?
Using the tax dodging, retail wrecker Amazon?
And, if I read the WE in your post, you and hubby went together into Tesco for an outing when a single person is the guideline?

You surprise me OBL?
Going to the plague infested swamps of Basildon?
Gift cards?
Using the tax dodging, retail wrecker Amazon?
And, if I read the WE in your post, you and hubby went together into Tesco for an outing when a single person is the guideline?
Feel sorry for me .... I was behind them in the queue!

We have replaced some beds and furniture recently and offered the old stuff for free on Facebook market place to try and help someone out.

The amount of time wasting idiots that have let us down on collection is quite astounding.

We have replaced some beds and furniture recently and offered the old stuff for free on Facebook market place to try and help someone out.

The amount of time wasting idiots that have let us down on collection is quite astounding.

Tell me about it!. Must get at least 5 'wasters' per week on there. If they're not interested, then why bother inquiring in the first place??.

Leave it in the street and no one will touch it.. put a for sale 50 quid on there and it will be nicked in minutes .. it’s all about marketing

Back