• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Been waiting over 3 hours for a tyre fitter and then the boss calls to say I'm down for a new truck. Great, until I find out it's a Iveco. Utter garbage in the tipper world. This is not a good day so far.

Proxy power cut, been out for over an hour now. Fuse tripped at a sub station they say
Sods law says your mobile only has 15% power left in it, so charging off the laptop battery now. Doh.

Cant recall ever having one in the part of leigh where i live.
Probably a better class of fuse!!!!
It's back now and UK Power Networks have rung me and told me what it was and that we could lose power again as they trace the cause, whoopee! Good job we still have the old whistling kettle and a gas hob!

What happened with freezers or did people not have them back then?

People didn't have them so much, just the little compartment at the top of your fridge.

I remember those blackouts too, you'd come home from school and be sat round candles, playing games or doing jigsaws, if that was your allotted time that day. I seem to remember it was 2 hours at a time though that might be wrong.

People didn't have them so much, just the little compartment at the top of your fridge.

I remember those blackouts too, you'd come home from school and be sat round candles, playing games or doing jigsaws, if that was your allotted time that day. I seem to remember it was 2 hours at a time though that might be wrong.

Make you right on the fridge/freezer.

I was a student up in Brum at the time.Our allotted time spell of two hours a day used to fall nicely for a bit of revision (during finals) at Birmingham Reference library. :Smile:

Back