• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

People didn't have them so much, just the little compartment at the top of your fridge.

I remember those blackouts too, you'd come home from school and be sat round candles, playing games or doing jigsaws, if that was your allotted time that day. I seem to remember it was 2 hours at a time though that might be wrong.
The Evening Echo used to print a grid with black/grey/white squares and areas (e.g. Pitsea) so you could see if your power cut was definite, possible or not at all.

Day off today, as is usual for a Tuesday...just logged into work to see what's been going on today to find a load of stuff on the system in my name, which means someone has used my log in and, presumably therefore, my desk and computer. Means I shall have to clean it down in the morning :Angry: Words will be had.

Twitter banning me for a week!
I got a ban recently when Gary Neville spouted some arrogant ignorant ****e about COVID 19. I told him what I thought of his remarks and that he should "Hang your head" as in "Hang your head in shame". I even explained to Twitter what I meant in my ban "appeal"but they refused my appeal in about 30 secs. Twitter takeing the moral high ground - don't make me laugh!!!

What's ****ing me off right now is the compulsory "vigil". Funny how none of these do-gooder attendees ever refer to themselves as vigilantes.

Twitter banning me for a week!

I got banned last week for simply asking what their poor women was doing at her friends during a lockdown long before it was announced she’d been found dead. The fact enough people took the time to find that tweet and report suggests they have nothing better to do.

I got banned last week for simply asking what their poor women was doing at her friends during a lockdown long before it was announced she’d been found dead. The fact enough people took the time to find that tweet and report suggests they have nothing better to do.
Maybe they want to remove Twitter users whose first thoughts when a woman goes missing is to write online about the 'mistakes' the missing woman made instead of, you know, being concerned she went missing in the first place.

What's annoying me today? Men who go on Twitter and vent their anger at vigils and missing women and then wonder why they're being censored. Would you people have the audacity to bring up such nonsense in a pub or elsewhere? Or is just online where criticising women who are abducted and murdered is fair game.

Imagine if that poor woman was your sister or daughter? Or even your mum. Would you be jumping online to blame them for daring to go to a friend's house?

Maybe they want to remove Twitter users whose first thoughts when a woman goes missing is to write online about the 'mistakes' the missing woman made instead of, you know, being concerned she went missing in the first place.

What's annoying me today? Men who go on Twitter and vent their anger at vigils and missing women and then wonder why they're being censored. Would you people have the audacity to bring up such nonsense in a pub or elsewhere? Or is just online where criticising women who are abducted and murdered is fair game.

Imagine if that poor woman was your sister or daughter? Or even your mum. Would you be jumping online to blame them for daring to go to a friend's house?

I made a comment before the seriousness of the situation was known. Was it a daft comment, yes. Was it worthy of the offence it caused, absolutely not. It wasn’t a comment to “vent my anger”. And yes, it’s a conversation I had with others, including women at work and even they mentioned the whole lockdown etc that isn’t to suggest in any way that she is to blame for what later would become knowledge, of course not and in hindsight would I have asked the same question, no.

Last edited:
I made a comment before the seriousness of the situation was known. Was it a daft comment, yes. Was it worthy of the offence it caused, absolutely not. It wasn’t a comment to “vent my anger”. And yes, it’s a conversation I had with others, including women at work and even they mentioned the whole lockdown etc that isn’t to suggest in any way that she is to blame for what later would become knowledge, of course not and in hindsight would I have asked the same question, no.

And therein lies the issue. Do you genuinely feel you have the right to tell people whether or not they're justified in being offended?

No, it’s an opinion which the last time I checked we were all entitled to.
And people are entitled to saying that your post was awful victim blaming. It’s not just the point about if it causes offence, it’s misogynistic to perpetuate a ‘blame the victim’ mentality when the issue is male violence against women.

And people are entitled to saying that your post was awful victim blaming. It’s not just the point about if it causes offence, it’s misogynistic to perpetuate a ‘blame the victim’ mentality when the issue is male violence against women.

Again, the comment was made long before the horrific events were public knowledge. I wasn’t “blaming the victim”. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, would I post the same thing now after knowing what we know, no of course not.

Check out the Evening Echo website comments for a masterclass in victim blaming.

The site is a haven for vile semi-literate trolls.

Again, the comment was made long before the horrific events were public knowledge. I wasn’t “blaming the victim”. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, would I post the same thing now after knowing what we know, no of course not.
The point people are trying to make is irrespective of what facts you know or don't know, maybe don't jump to questioning the actions of people, especially women. Everything has to be a 'gotcha' moment, especially on twitter. The facts were that a woman had gone missing in a way that was immediately concerning to her family and to the police, so maybe show empathy, or just don't tweet?

We have had the ballot forms for the Police and fire commissioner elections.
WTF is that all about? And at what cost? And if politics is banned on SZ surely it ought to be banned in policing?

83 dogs of different breeds were recued from West Meadows permanent travellers site near Ipswich. It just sickens me as this is a massive money making operation. The dogs are stolen for breeding purposes for puppies for sale. The bitches are mated again each time after having puppies, with hardly time to recover. When they're use is over, a lot of them are shot and disposed of and replaced. These are peoples pets that were loved and cared for. but now just a breeding machine and badly mistreated and discarded. I'm so happy that there will be a lot of happy owners reunited with their dogs. There will be a lot of happy dogs as well. Sadly, some of these dogs will be in a horrendous condition, as has happened in the past at a travellers dog breeding site. Well done the police for a change for finally having the guts to go on a travellers site. It was a massive operation and six travellers were arrested. The raid took 10 hours and Suffolk police will now be trying to reunite the dogs and their owners.

Back