• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Been in self isolation since Saturday, testing myself everyday, nothing, not so much as a sniff. Double jabbed can come in from just about anywhere in the world but I can't go to work ALONE in a lorry under threat of a £3000 fine.

What a complete bag of bollocks.

How ridiculous, I assume you have been contacted by the NHS Track & Trace team directly rather than being 'pinged'?

Enjoy your time off as best you can

How ridiculous, I assume you have been contacted by the NHS Track & Trace team directly rather than being 'pinged'?

Enjoy your time off as best you can
Yeah, track & trace, have to leave my phone at home if I nip out to the shop (wearing a mask I hasten to add)

One bit of good news, the boy has got over his bout and tested negative.

Not good mate, the rules are nonsensical.
Can't you go and do some eyesight testing trips?
Always said that's what I would do and tell the police my name was DC but then thought how I would feel if I did pass anything on to friends or loved ones so I have played by the rules. Don't think it would be compelling viewing with me talking utter bollocks in a certain rose garden anyway.

Always said that's what I would do and tell the police my name was DC but then thought how I would feel if I did pass anything on to friends or loved ones so I have played by the rules. Don't think it would be compelling viewing with me talking utter bollocks in a certain rose garden anyway.

That's the problem. You might have been infected, but still be negative. IIRC, the incubation period is 7-10 days. Even if you've been double jabbed you could still be infected and pass it on to someone else,

It's a difficult one, as it depends on when your last contact was. Your isolation should start that day, so if they take 2 days to ping you, you should only have 8 days to isolate. I'm not sure how the ping works as (thankfully) I haven't been.

I do have sympathy with people but I'm not sure how else they can deal with it.

That's the problem. You might have been infected, but still be negative. IIRC, the incubation period is 7-10 days. Even if you've been double jabbed you could still be infected and pass it on to someone else,

It's a difficult one, as it depends on when your last contact was. Your isolation should start that day, so if they take 2 days to ping you, you should only have 8 days to isolate. I'm not sure how the ping works as (thankfully) I haven't been.

I do have sympathy with people but I'm not sure how else they can deal with it.
Isolation ends Sunday

Yeah, track & trace, have to leave my phone at home if I nip out to the shop (wearing a mask I hasten to add)

One bit of good news, the boy has got over his bout and tested negative.
I thought it is was track and trace that contact you it was recommended not forced whereas test and trace its law? Or have I misunderstood?

New customs rules re goods from the UK to the EU came into force July 1 resulting in additional costs at both ends, plus more form filling. I was charged €5 to receive a package containing a small gift which took three weeks to arrive from the UK to Latvia and the sender had to pay much more than before. One of the consequences of Brexit that were not mentioned in that 'oven ready' deal. Minor inconvenience for the individual, but serious setbacks for businesses and trade in general.

Just been talking about the unintended consequences of Brexit with my wife's cousin who's married to an English lass.She was thinking about putting her 9 years UK pension into her her English bank account with Barclays.Not after I told her that I get my UK pension paid diirectly into my Spanish account.Also that Barclays wouldn't being renewing her credit card (due to expire in 2025) when it finally does expire.As The Co-Op have already told me they will do when my C/C expires at the end of next year.Alreay been told by La Crédit Agricole in France (where I have a savings account) that they'll be quite happy to issue me with a C/C whenever I want one!

I thought it is was track and trace that contact you it was recommended not forced whereas test and trace its law? Or have I misunderstood?

Blimey I'd like confirmation of that if anyone has it. I'm still grounded till Tuesday following track and trace call.

I can do no more jobs, car is spotless, Mrs Bucket would be proud of the house and it's raining in the test match!

Blimey I'd like confirmation of that if anyone has it. I'm still grounded till Tuesday following track and trace call.

I can do no more jobs, car is spotless, Mrs Bucket would be proud of the house and it's raining in the test match!
This is the official words if that helps

Weak umpiring in the test match. Players on and off and endless drinks breaks. They'll have a Costa coffee break next.

Reading about this scumbag in the echo. Some of those houses were near my flat. He was a crack addict at 15. The good news is he got 6 years. The bad news is he will be doing drugs and stealing to feed his habit all his life, so more homes will be hit when he gets out. A shame they don't have any other solution to this type that take from good people, and contribute nothing in their life.

A “SELFISH” crook stole children’s toys and Amazon parcels in a burglary spree that saw him target 15 homes in a single night.

He was caught in a Southend home carrying bulging bags of Christmas presents during his rampage on December 22 last year.

The 37-year-old of no fixed address, targeted the 15 homes before breaking into a home on New Year’s Eve to steal jewellery.

Reading about this scumbag in the echo. Some of those houses were near my flat. He was a crack addict at 15. The good news is he got 6 years. The bad news is he will be doing drugs and stealing to feed his habit all his life, so more homes will be hit when he gets out. A shame they don't have any other solution to this type that take from good people, and contribute nothing in their life.

A “SELFISH” crook stole children’s toys and Amazon parcels in a burglary spree that saw him target 15 homes in a single night.

He was caught in a Southend home carrying bulging bags of Christmas presents during his rampage on December 22 last year.

The 37-year-old of no fixed address, targeted the 15 homes before breaking into a home on New Year’s Eve to steal jewellery.
If he has been on remand for 8 months, serves only third of time, so 2 years max, if he behaves, all together he will be out before next , 2023, New Year.

Sticking him in prison isn't really helping anyone.

Back