• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sticking him in prison isn't really helping anyone.
That was my point about another solution. Everyone one knows that prisons are understaffed, and staff are always being attacked. So they turn a blind eye to a lot of the drugs smuggled in, as the drugs subdue the prisoners for the most part. So druggies going to prison doesn't work as a cure, or temporary cure. Maybe they should have rehab prisons where they are treated, and them and their cells are searched every day, so they are drug free for their sentence.

That was my point about another solution. Everyone one knows that prisons are understaffed, and staff are always being attacked. So they turn a blind eye to a lot of the drugs smuggled in, as the drugs subdue the prisoners for the most part. So druggies going to prison doesn't work as a cure, or temporary cure. Maybe they should have rehab prisons where they are treated, and them and their cells are searched every day, so they are drug free for their sentence.
Depends on the drugs I think, when a stash of weed came in, everyone was very mellow and the night staff were always able to catch up on work! I wouldn't say they turned a blind eye to it though.

British sprinter CJ Ujah has been suspended from competition after testing positive for a banned substance. Will that cost us our 4x100 silver medal?

Just received an email saying the performance of Anything Goes tomorrow night has been cancelled.

For my wife's birthday I bought tickets to a show I knew she would love (even though it's really not my cup of tea). We had literally the best 2 seats in the house, right in the middle of the front row of the dress circle.

The mother in law was having the the boys overnight so we didn't have to worry about a babysitter, and we could have a lie in Sunday morning. My wife is now desperately trying to find a film for us to go and see instead.

Just received an email saying the performance of Anything Goes tomorrow night has been cancelled.

For my wife's birthday I bought tickets to a show I knew she would love (even though it's really not my cup of tea). We had literally the best 2 seats in the house, right in the middle of the front row of the dress circle.

The mother in law was having the the boys overnight so we didn't have to worry about a babysitter, and we could have a lie in Sunday morning. My wife is now desperately trying to find a film for us to go and see instead.
Any chance that the tickets could be honoured for another night soon? Not the birthday night, I know, but the thought is still there.

My wife had a similar situation with Hairspray. We did see it before when we had a couple of nights in London for her 60th. Only this time around it's Michael Ball starring and it was cancelled after some of the cast caught Covid. Secretly, Mr Ball is not top of my list of favourites.

Any chance that the tickets could be honoured for another night soon? Not the birthday night, I know, but the thought is still there.

My wife had a similar situation with Hairspray. We did see it before when we had a couple of nights in London for her 60th. Only this time around it's Michael Ball starring and it was cancelled after some of the cast caught Covid. Secretly, Mr Ball is not top of my list of favourites.

Her birthday was in January. I can't get the same seats again as they're sold for the next 3 months and the ticketing doesn't go any further into the future.

We’re seeing Hairspray tonight!

Just been pinged by the Covid app and told to isolate. Luckily I work from home but not sure what this means..do I need a test? I’ve had both jabs. I know there’s people like @Tinks who may be in the know and others who’ve had the same. Cheers.

Just been pinged by the Covid app and told to isolate. Luckily I work from home but not sure what this means..do I need a test? I’ve had both jabs. I know there’s people like @Tinks who may be in the know and others who’ve had the same. Cheers.

Well it's not compulsory to self-isoate with a 'ping' for starters, and as a double jabbed person from Monday it's not even a thing anymore unless you test positve.

I know what I'd do

Last edited:
Sitting in my conservatory listening to the Morecambe fans down the road singing loudly and enjoying themselves. Talk about rubbing it in!

In recent years we've taken a view to see virtually anything on a deal even if it seems crap or not our cup of tea. It's led to some great evenings. 2 involved Michael Ball. One was Sweeney Todd and he was sensational (we also had Dame Judy sitting in front of us to see her mate Imelda Staunton. The other was his one man show at the Palladium. He was awesome and like you I'm not really a fan. We went to a celebration of 50 years of Radio 2 as it was at Hackney Empire and we'd never been there. It was blinding. So professional. Albert Hammond did an accustic set. This is a song I wrote for Diana Ross, this is a song I wrote for Jefferson Starship, this is a song I wrote for the Hollies. And on and on. Justin Hayward and Glen Campbell at the Cliffs. Hugh Jackman at the O2. Just go with the flow. They were all brilliant and professional.

Last edited:
Back