• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Are these allowed in Southend yet? Friend of mine and his wife bought them and had to sell them when they were made ‘illegal’. Unfortunately they are both not as mobile as they used to be and it was great for them to have.

No they're not. They can go up to 50mph some of those black ones. so no one will insure you or them. But there's hundreds of them buzzing about all over Southend. The police have confiscated a few, but usually turn a blind eye. Once the inevitable bad accident happens, then they will clamp down. They are allowed on private land, but not in public. It's going to go crazy this Christmas, as the prices have come down a bit with more Chinese firms making them.

No they're not. They can go up to 50mph some of those black ones. so no one will insure you or them. But there's hundreds of them buzzing about all over Southend. The police have confiscated a few, but usually turn a blind eye. Once the inevitable bad accident happens, then they will clamp down. They are allowed on private land, but not in public. It's going to go crazy this Christmas, as the prices have come down a bit with more Chinese firms making them.
I think certain towns and City’s allow them but only if you rent them from their approved places which I assume restricts the speed on them. I’ve seen them buzzing down the Royal Albert Dock at the same speed I’m going down the runway.

Had one of these d1ckheads going at least 25mph up the middle of our residential street the other day, looking at his 'phone..... Unless I read it wrong the other day, isn't it down to the car driver who knocks one of these idiots off always the guilty party unless they can prove otherwise ?

I think certain towns and City’s allow them but only if you rent them from their approved places which I assume restricts the speed on them. I’ve seen them buzzing down the Royal Albert Dock at the same speed I’m going down the runway.
The rented ones allowed are normally Orange. They have a maximum speed of 15mph, meaning they can be insured, although some people don't know you also need a provisional licence minimum as well for out in public use. Southend has no rented scheme. So all electric scooters in public are illegal.

Had one of these d1ckheads going at least 25mph up the middle of our residential street the other day, looking at his 'phone..... Unless I read it wrong the other day, isn't it down to the car driver who knocks one of these idiots off always the guilty party unless they can prove otherwise ?

I had my own scooter rage with one of the riders in Southend High Street. After he rode straight at me doing about 30mph, and I didn't get out of the way. I knew I was right, but didn't have the full knowledge about these things to make my case better to him at the time. So I have looked right into it and am better prepared the next time someone rides straight at me, expecting me to move.

People on here questioning the coaching team after 2 days in the job and one match...... these people need get within touch of reality.

I'm waiting for a few deliveries which I've been tracking on line, just looked again and it's showing my item's will be delivered on a later date due to technical problems...... I'm guessing this is because of the petrol shortage.
Shortage of drivers worldwide or covid .... the most common excuses for inadequacy now lol

I had my own scooter rage with one of the riders in Southend High Street. After he rode straight at me doing about 30mph, and I didn't get out of the way. I knew I was right, but didn't have the full knowledge about these things to make my case better to him at the time. So I have looked right into it and am better prepared the next time someone rides straight at me, expecting me to move.

Saw one on the path by Square Pizza in Sutton Road.

Chav Dad doing about 15mph steering with mum behind riding pillion with arms round his waist & toddler crouched in front with what sounded like sh!t3 rap music blaring out his phone.

Some ladies certainly know how to pick a winner?

Trying to report illegal immigrants ( long story, too involved to explain on here ). Individuals visa ran out in Feb, zero interest in renewing it. Ignored Govt/ H.O e-mails & an appt somewhere in Chelmsford in Aug, to discuss the matter. No follow ups since, OB not interested, call the Govt suggested phone no. no longer in use FFS!.
It directs you onto their web site for illegals, then as you press 'start', it says you don't have permission to be on the site FFS!. Totally useless.
Anyone got any suggestions?. And before any 'smart alec' replies, i don't have a Thai bride or what-ever, i'm asking advice for someone. Cheers.

Trying to report illegal immigrants ( long story, too involved to explain on here ). Individuals visa ran out in Feb, zero interest in renewing it. Ignored Govt/ H.O e-mails & an appt somewhere in Chelmsford in Aug, to discuss the matter. No follow ups since, OB not interested, call the Govt suggested phone no. no longer in use FFS!.
It directs you onto their web site for illegals, then as you press 'start', it says you don't have permission to be on the site FFS!. Totally useless.
Anyone got any suggestions?. And before any 'smart alec' replies, i don't have a Thai bride or what-ever, i'm asking advice for someone. Cheers.
Eat some more fish?

Seems to work for me when I hit start, alternatively:

• the Immigration Enforcement hotline on 0300 123 7000
  • Crimestoppers on 0800 555111
  • the Customs hotline on 0800 595 000
  • the Anti-Terrorist hotline on 0800 789 321

Boots Corringham flu jab.

Had it originally booked for Monday 18th October but was rung up on Sunday afternoon (17/10) to ask me to re-book as its the pharmacist day off on a Monday and the locum can't administer Flu Jabs.

Re-booked for Saturday 23rd October. Turned up only to be told that the pharmacist doesn't work on a Saturday and the locum in can't administer Flu jabs.

How hard is it to put a needle in my arm and push the liquid through the syringe.

Rebooked for a weekday. 3rd time lucky. If they are even get the abilitity to administer the Cobid tab god help us

Last edited:
Boots Corringham flu jab.

Had it originally booked for Monday 18th October but was rung up on Sunday afternoon (17/10) to ask me to re-book as its the pharmacist day off on a Monday and the locum can't administer Flu Jabs.

Re-booked for Saturday 23rd October. Turned up only to be told that the pharmacist doesn't work on a Saturday and the locum in can't administer Flu jabs.

How hard is it to put a needle in my arm and push the liquid through the syringe.

Rebooked for a weekday. 3rd time lucky. If they even get the abilitity to administer the Cobid tab god help us

Regardless of how difficult it is they still need to be trained. The question really is how hard is it to work that out in advance and not waste your time?

I have not been paid by my umbrella company...

I am not desperate for the money but I am paying them to provide a service so expect to be paid on time. I just hope they haven't been hacked like Giant Umbrella which is causing a lot of grief for thousands of people.

I have not been paid by my umbrella company...

I am not desperate for the money but I am paying them to provide a service so expect to be paid on time. I just hope they haven't been hacked like Giant Umbrella which is causing a lot of grief for thousands of people.

I hope that sorts itself out.

Back