• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I am hoping I can get to two years without having to commute.

I may well seek completely remote work if my current client insists on my schlepping into St Pauls 4 days a week.
Thankfully a rare occurrence for me these days but reminds me how much I dislike this journey.

I am hoping I can get to two years without having to commute.

I may well seek completely remote work if my current client insists on my schlepping into St Pauls 4 days a week.

I've pretty much worked from home for a year now. Over the last month (during UAT on the project) I've been in the office on average 2 days a week. The office is in Marlow so I drive there. It takes anywhere between 45 and 60 minutes. The train would take around 2 and a half hours because I would have to go into London to come out again. That suits me since I don't have to deal with the non-mask wearing and the people who are ill and should really be at home.

Lateral flow test come back positive, I only thought I had a winters cold. 10 days no work no income as I’m self employed.
Plus I have had to cancel a run I signed up for on Sunday and the worst bit is the Mrs has to isolate as well do it’s 10 days of Xmas movies
Die Hard and Lethal Weapon are legitimate Xmas movies.

Lateral flow test come back positive, I only thought I had a winters cold. 10 days no work no income as I’m self employed.
Plus I have had to cancel a run I signed up for on Sunday and the worst bit is the Mrs has to isolate as well do it’s 10 days of Xmas movies
I’ve been feeling rough since Monday now, just had last two days off sick, did two tests and come back negative, on Thursday night I had such a tight chest and struggled to get air into my body, had a early night and was better in morning, still don’t feel right and now I’m not due back to work until Tuesday so I can recover more, must have some sort of throat or chest infection, I’ll test again on Sunday or Monday just to make sure.

Forgetting to ask how much a pint is in a pub and then getting the shock of being asked for £7.05 for a pint once its been poured. Granted it was in the Peterboat in Leigh on sea but for that price i could have had a decent bottle of wine from a supermarket t myself

Forgetting to ask how much a pint is in a pub and then getting the shock of being asked for £7.05 for a pint once its been poured. Granted it was in the Peterboat in Leigh on sea but for that price i could have had a decent bottle of wine from a supermarket t myself
I know it's ridiculous now in some Pubs. I bought 3 pints in The Oakleigh the other week which came to over £21. I nearly fell off my chair.

I know it's ridiculous now in some Pubs. I bought 3 pints in The Oakleigh the other week which came to over £21. I nearly fell off my chair.

£21 for 3 pints. jesus chrst. I live round the corner from the Oakleigh, now I know why I don't go in there.

On the other side of the pricing scale is Weatherspoons who somehow can sell a pint of Ale (Ruddles and others) for less than they charge for a bottle of water.

What did you order??? I think a Guinness in there is just under a fiver, £4.80 or something. Of course it's over a quid less than that in the Elms or the Broadway ..

I used to spend £5 on 4 cans of Special Brew and sit on the wall.

That said it is a good 25 years since I have had a drink at The Peterboat.

This is the tip of the iceberg with the inflation we are going to see, £21 for three beers will seem cheap in a couple of years I fear. Basic macro-economics tell you that if you print loads more money and stop production of everything through furlough you get inflation. More money, less goods equals higher prices. Governments have basically lied about inflation rates, they are much higher than "advertised" and we have some way to go yet with more QE coming. Hopefully no more lockdowns though

People that run the country and people that don't pay taxes.

thought rules on self isolating had changed and people coming into contact with covid positive cases don't need to?

I’ve been feeling rough since Monday now, just had last two days off sick, did two tests and come back negative, on Thursday night I had such a tight chest and struggled to get air into my body, had a early night and was better in morning, still don’t feel right and now I’m not due back to work until Tuesday so I can recover more, must have some sort of throat or chest infection, I’ll test again on Sunday or Monday just to make sure.

Other illnesses still exist.

Back