• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We quite often give away stuff for free that we don't need on marketplace and the number of people who ask if we can deliver is quite amazing.

There are a lot of people (and in our case always women) who seem to spend all day looking for free stuff.

That's seriously taking the biscuit. I've heard of that site but never used it. I hate throwing stuff away when it could come in good use to someone else, I always put stuff out the front of my house and it always goes. I put a tall free standing lamp out the other day, two hours later it was gone. Good luck to them.

I have a good condition antique tall standing lamp for sale which is surplus to my requirements and has been hardly used.

Bargain at £50.00 Collection Only. :Smile:

Pulled out of an interview because I have decided to accept my contract renewal and the recruiter that arranged it has been sending me really ****ty emails.

Someone has been using my credit card fraudulently...

Had the same issue which I only became aware of on Saturday when receiving a large metal picture frame delivery from Amazon which I knew nothing about.

Checked my account and had no notification of the purchase so spent the next couple of hours on the phone to Amazon and Lloyds albeit most that time on hold. Arrrrrgh.

Turned out about £400 had been spent from Germany on Amazon but thankfully I just checked now refunded and new cards received.

Had the same issue which I only became aware of on Saturday when receiving a large metal picture frame delivery from Amazon which I knew nothing about.

Checked my account and had no notification of the purchase so spent the next couple of hours on the phone to Amazon and Lloyds albeit most that time on hold. Arrrrrgh.

Turned out about £400 had been spent from Germany on Amazon but thankfully I just checked now refunded and new cards received.
I came home once to a call from Lloyds Bank alerting me to potentially fraudulent activity on my account. Apparently someone had bought petrol in Ealing on my account whilst I was paying a landing fee at Turweston aerodrome. Their system realised I couldn't have got from one to the other in about 20 minutes.

I have just received several legit looking mails informing me that my account on an extramarital affairs site has been created and is now active.

Great - except I did not create the account and this is either a scam or sinister malicious attack...

I have just received several legit looking mails informing me that my account on an extramarital affairs site has been created and is now active.

Great - except I did not create the account and this is either a scam or sinister malicious attack...
No coincidence that this is page 666 of this thread and things are escalating quickly...

School run mums (and the occasional dad) that decide to park right at the entrance to our road, on both corners and both sides half on half off the kerb (thats whats the 4x4 is for isn't it)

Parking was that bad today cars couldn't drive down the road, let along any bin lorries, ambulances, fire enginges that might need access to the road.

There are some days I really feel like gong out in my banger of a car (20 year old fiesta) and playing pinball along the route.

It’s not so much the written word that bothers me, providing I understand it, it’s the appalling diction in spoken English nowadays.

That doesn't hack me off at all - spoken language ebbs and flows and as long as it's understood by its audience, it's perfectly appropriate.

The other thing that’s getting my goat today is Kay Burley and Beth Rigby - yes the law breaking party girls - tearing into politicians over the same offence. Why their indignant questions don’t get thrown right back at them is beyond me.

The other thing that’s getting my goat today is Kay Burley and Beth Rigby - yes the law breaking party girls - tearing into politicians over the same offence. Why their indignant questions don’t get thrown right back at them is beyond me.
Because whataboutery is the most basic of logical fallacies.

There’s obviously a difference when it is those who set the rules not complying with them but that would be straying into politics which is not permitted.

The Illegal Immigration Govt Department.
Twice i have reported an illegal immigrant to them in recent weeks, whose visa expired 11 months ago, & the individual has zero interest in applying for another one. Govt dept made contact last March & July asking the person to attend a meeting somewhere in Chelmsford in Aug, which was totally ignored & since then nothing.
I have supplied them with the persons name, current address & passport no. & this is their reply to me.
'We must stress we are unable to correspond with you directly about any claims, due to our stringent duties under the data Protection Act.
Except in exceptional circumstances, we must ensure we have the written authority of the individual concerned, before the info is divulged to anyone else!'
WTF???. The person concerned is hardly going to give me written permission so i can report them???. We read so often about 'illegals' who vanish like fog, & cant be found. I give them a sewn up case, where if they went to address tomorrow they would find the person, & i get a reply like that, despite the fact they added 'we take all cases seriously', really???.
Absolutely pathetic, no wonder so many want to come here?.
I know a person who overstayed her 3 month visitors visa in USA by a week, because she was Hospitalized, & now they say she might not be allowed back in for 2 years!!.
What a complete joke we are over here?. Initially contacted local MP, who passed it on to Immigration Dept. OB not interested unless person involved in major crime!.

Back