• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I have had a chest infection for several days. I phoned the doctors this morning bang on 8am and was 7th in the queue. When the call was answered I was told there would be no appointments until Tuesday morning.

I booked an appointment at Cross Pharmacy who can prescribe certain medications. After an examination the pharmacist agreed I needed stronger antibiotics and some steroids but that the cost of the prescription would be £27 - presumably because they are a private prescription.

The pharmacist was excellent and I am lucky that I have no problem paying £27 to essentially beat the queue but there are many people who would not be able to do this.

I have had a chest infection for several days. I phoned the doctors this morning bang on 8am and was 7th in the queue. When the call was answered I was told there would be no appointments until Tuesday morning.

I booked an appointment at Cross Pharmacy who can prescribe certain medications. After an examination the pharmacist agreed I needed stronger antibiotics and some steroids but that the cost of the prescription would be £27 - presumably because they are a private prescription.

The pharmacist was excellent and I am lucky that I have no problem paying £27 to essentially beat the queue but there are many people who would not be able to do this.
NHS prescription is 9.35 per item. So not massively different.
But your point on getting Dr's appointment is very valid

Temp lights down Ashingdon Road put back a month to 11th Feb for umpteen weeks, another set scheduled for 2 weeks from 20th Feb further up the road and yet another set already in operation by Sainsburys opposite Rochford station. Utterly effin‘ ridiculous!

Temp lights down Ashingdon Road put back a month to 11th Feb for umpteen weeks, another set scheduled for 2 weeks from 20th Feb further up the road and yet another set already in operation by Sainsburys opposite Rochford station. Utterly effin‘ ridiculous!
I feel your frustration. From 80-84 i lived opp Ashingdon Rec ( had a great view to Canewdon! ), & back then the daily queue to the Anne Bolyyn started before Rochford station!. Current road works in that area are causing complete gridlock, i've been told.

Pretty certain that **** of an MP Mr Francois was in the papers lauding the completion of the roadworks
There's a reason he is also known as Mr Kodak and that's the nicest of his many nicknames.

I was due to go and see a gig in Brighton in April

Travelodge for one night = £228 - sod that. I'll sell the tickets and go elsewhere.

Drivers + Fog.

Unless people have super human vision they should put their lights on, even side lights would be a help. The number of cars I saw (at the last minute) on the road today with not lights on beggars belief.

The majority of the cars where silver / white as well so even more reason to try and at least display some kind of light.

Drivers + Fog.

Unless people have super human vision they should put their lights on, even side lights would be a help. The number of cars I saw (at the last minute) on the road today with not lights on beggars belief.

The majority of the cars where silver / white as well so even more reason to try and at least display some kind of light.
Depends how bad the fog is. The highway code guideline is to use fog lights only if visibility is less than 100m.

I was due to go and see a gig in Brighton in April

Travelodge for one night = £228 - sod that. I'll sell the tickets and go elsewhere.
Probably book the same place for a night next week for £38?. Sad thing is, even at that extortionate price, people will still book it.

Depends how bad the fog is. The highway code guideline is to use fog lights only if visibility is less than 100m.
Was definitely less than 100m. I was driving home last night from getting the coach back from Maidenhead and could only see as far as the distance between lampposts on the A13.

The fog was the same this morning (perhaps a little lighter). I also wasn't referring specifically to fog lights not being on. Most had no lights on at all.

Back