• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fingers x you can actually get an appt to see one. No doubt he/she will suggest you go on a diet & suggest what foods you eat, & those to steer clear of for starters.
I'd imagine an exercise/fitness regime would be discussed, as well as putting you on statins for your cholesterol.
And i'd guess you'll be asked if your family have a history of high blood pressure etc. Good luck MattE.
Not to mention mains and desert.

Had a health check earlier. I'm 50, heart age of 67. Slightly overweight (about 5kg), but high blood pressure and high bad cholesterol and very low good cholesterol. Phone call to the quacks in the week to see what I can do about this.
Sorry to hear about that Matt. I'm 69 and had high blood pressure and although my cholesterol was 5 about the level between good and bad so the doctor said I couldn't get it down so am now on statins. I'm on amlodipine for the high blood pressure.
What else to do is pretty much on the NHS website. Eat healthier, cut down on alcohol and exercise.I appreciate having retired that exercise is quite difficult to fit in with tight schedules when you work. I've got all the time in the world.
However I exercise 6 days a week. I alternate between running (5 minute warm up 5k run 5 minute warm down) Mon, Wed and Fri. I do Joe Wicks exercises on Tues, Thurs and Saturday. On Sunday nothing . I know if I don't get up and do this at 8 o'clock I won't do it. You need a routine. The outcome of all this is I weigh the same as I did at 18, my arthritis in my knees from playing football till I was in my 40s is a lot better, my chronic back pain has gone and I feel really fit. Resting heart rate about 50. Now I know at my age I'm in the drop zone and anything could happen but I feel fine. Wish I'd taken up this routine when I stopped playing football.

Matt I should of course have added that it's a slow process getting fit. I started running with the C25k (Couch to 5k) programme that slowly builds up to doing the 5k. It's on the NHS website with videos. I found it really tough at first but am glad I persisted. Joe Wicks can be pretty brutal until your fitness improves. Perhaps check with your doctor.

Just under a £300 fine for not paying the Mersey Tunnel toll (both way). I wouldn’t mind but the car had been sold on via British Car Auctions, but they never done the paperwork. Months of arguing with Mersey flow where they refused to contact anyone and my old insurance company and the finance company won’t contact them. Really not happy

Just under a £300 fine for not paying the Mersey Tunnel toll (both way). I wouldn’t mind but the car had been sold on via British Car Auctions, but they never done the paperwork. Months of arguing with Mersey flow where they refused to contact anyone and my old insurance company and the finance company won’t contact them. Really not happy
So what happens now?. Surely if Bristish Car Auctions purchased the car from you & you can prove it, then the paperwork issue is clearly down to them?.

If you have a clearly dated / official bill of sale from BCA that should be sufficient as proof of your non-ownership. A log book can’t be updated with the new owner details the day a vehicle is sold, that always takes time to go through the DVLA system. Failing that, counter-threaten them with legal action!

An asteroid is passing between the earth and the moon today which has been described as a city destroyer due yo its size (40m-90m big)

Bit that annoyed me is it was only discovered last month. I thought they had people monitoring these things. Even if we found one on a collision course its going to take a lot longer than a month for those in charge to have all the required meetings to even start to decide what should be done about it
We don't have any way of reliably tracking meteors this small, the meteor might be powerful enough to destroy a city but in terms of size it's only about as big as an airplane, that's very hard to spot in the enormity of space.

There was actually a meteor of similar size that exploded in 2018 above the Bering Sea with about 10 times the power of the nuclear bomb that was dropped on Hiroshima, we didn't even notice that one coming until the fireball happened.

Another school shooting in America. The 129th mass shooting this year.

Another school shooting in America. The 129th mass shooting this year.
It's a debate you could have for 50 years and still never resolve, because half the Country wants to be allowed to have and own guns. It's too late, the damage is done. In some States, members of the public are allowed to carry guns in their vehicles. The result of this is when someone with mental issues flips out, they can turn to the gun if they want. Some with anger issues can turn to the gun. Did you know for example that in the last 7 years, 218 people have been shot and killed in a road rage in the USA. Over 12,000 more injured but didn't die. In this Country, it's much harder for someone that is flipping out for whatever reason, to use a gun to shoot people or kids at a school. Yes, it has happened, but is rare. Yet it seems every year in America, completely innocent kids are being shot and murdered at a school or College. It's even happened in Churches. It's so sad and tragic, and unfortunately will continue, because in that moment of madness, a gun is never far away.

It's just been announced that the Supermarkets profits are up a massive 97% post pandemic, compared to pre pandemic. Record profits. Even the current Chair of Tesco John Allan said the Supermarkets are making excess profits and profiteering is going on. We are all seeing prices rise massively in the Supermarkets, but it's not just because of costs in the food and product chain, and inflation. The experts say they have been adding the new costs of supply, and then a price hike on top, as extra profit. So they have been taking advantage of the economic situation to sneak in more profit. The Secretary Of State, Therese Coffey, has been called out for letting this happen, as she was given evidence ages ago, but hasn't yet acted, surprisingly.

It's a debate you could have for 50 years and still never resolve, because half the Country wants to be allowed to have and own guns. It's too late, the damage is done. In some States, members of the public are allowed to carry guns in their vehicles. The result of this is when someone with mental issues flips out, they can turn to the gun if they want. Some with anger issues can turn to the gun. Did you know for example that in the last 7 years, 218 people have been shot and killed in a road rage in the USA. Over 12,000 more injured but didn't die. In this Country, it's much harder for someone that is flipping out for whatever reason, to use a gun to shoot people or kids at a school. Yes, it has happened, but is rare. Yet it seems every year in America, completely innocent kids are being shot and murdered at a school or College. It's even happened in Churches. It's so sad and tragic, and unfortunately will continue, because in that moment of madness, a gun is never far away.
Yes but who really needs an assault rifle in their daily lives?

Yes but who really needs an assault rifle in their daily lives?
They have them because they can. They don't need assault rifles at all. In 30 States, even a child can legally own a rifle or shotgun. The whole thing is a mess. Lots of States, the gun shops can sell all sorts of extremely powerful guns and weapons, including machine guns that can mow a crowd down in seconds.

They have them because they can. They don't need assault rifles at all. In 30 States, even a child can legally own a rifle or shotgun. The whole thing is a mess. Lots of States, the gun shops can sell all sorts of extremely powerful guns and weapons, including machine guns that can mow a crowd down in seconds.
Can doesn't have the same meaning as should or shouldn't unfortunately.

Appears a U.S. citizen can cite or basically ignore the content of their much-vaunted constitution to suit their own ideals and purposes. Pity the equality of individuals section hasn’t been adhered to as fervently over all this time.

Can doesn't have the same meaning as should or shouldn't unfortunately.
I don't get you sometimes Tangled. I'm saying they shouldn't have them. But because they can, half the Country does. Some for protection. Some say because it's their right and freedom to own guns. Some for hunting which disgusts me as well. Some just love guns and the power it gives them. Unfortunately, it means any nutter can get hold of a gun, rifle, semi-automatic, machine gun, to kill adults and kids for any reason they have in their twisted mind.

Reactions: GBJ
Back