• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The firm I am contracting at currently require me to be in Canary Wharf two days a week.

It looks like they are changing to three days a week and we are moving to Moorgate.

Sadly the market is extremely quiet at the moment otherwise I would already have left.
That's a pain.

Post #800 on this thread ...

The radio show I present has been suspended due to a noise complaint. I wouldn't mind if we were being rock 'n' roll but we were playing the music through the cans so it would have only been our conversation that the sensitive soul heard.

Where do you record the show?

It's a live show which goes out from the Coast FM studios in Penzance: -> https://www.coastfm.co.uk/
Really odd that the studio has no soundproofing. Is it recorded late at night?

I have a little experience in this and genuinely interested how its possible to hear you loud enough to make a complaint.

Were there any other complaints about other shows?

Really odd that the studio has no soundproofing. Is it recorded late at night?

I have a little experience in this and genuinely interested how its possible to hear you loud enough to make a complaint.

Were there any other complaints about other shows?
There is sound-proofing, Matt, but the problem is it's so darn hot in there at this time of year that we needed the window open last Sunday evening and also a fan on to spread the fresher air around. Even with that, I still had to dry my neck with a towel every now and then.

The show goes out between 8-10 p.m. I understand the complainant works early on a Monday morning. Like us, he probably had his window open but I'm really surprised how he was bothered by our conversations between tracks unless the fan somehow propelled the sounds straight into his bedroom.

I haven't heard about any complaints from other shows but most of the DJ's on the station now broadcast from home and the studio windows will be shut then and the sounds from the studio will be at zero levels. I'm not tech-proficient enough to broadcast from home so it's not an option for me.

There is sound-proofing, Matt, but the problem is it's so darn hot in there at this time of year that we needed the window open last Sunday evening and also a fan on to spread the fresher air around. Even with that, I still had to dry my neck with a towel every now and then.

The show goes out between 8-10 p.m. I understand the complainant works early on a Monday morning. Like us, he probably had his window open but I'm really surprised how he was bothered by our conversations between tracks unless the fan somehow propelled the sounds straight into his bedroom.

I haven't heard about any complaints from other shows but most of the DJ's on the station now broadcast from home and the studio windows will be shut then and the sounds from the studio will be at zero levels. I'm not tech-proficient enough to broadcast from home so it's not an option for me.

Ah nightmare.

Hope a suitable solution can be found 👍

Rob, just a suggestion but maybe reach out to some of the Radio Caroline DJ's. They might be able to give you a few pointers regarding broadcasting from home.

Take your pick from the Presenter Profiles but I reckon Stephen Foster or Terry Hughes might be your best bet.

Making a small donation towards the dry dock appeal for Ross Revenge might help.

Like I said, just a thought.

Have you considered 'settling the matter out of court'?

Rob, just a suggestion but maybe reach out to some of the Radio Caroline DJ's. They might be able to give you a few pointers regarding broadcasting from home.

Take your pick from the Presenter Profiles but I reckon Stephen Foster or Terry Hughes might be your best bet.

Making a small donation towards the dry dock appeal for Ross Revenge might help.

Like I said, just a thought.
Thanks, Al. I didn't realise there was a Radio Caroline broadcasting again.

Ah nightmare.

Hope a suitable solution can be found 👍
Thanks, Matt. Had a chat with the landlord of my local which is also a music pub. We're going to do a show there at our regular time and he'll record it, then we'll put it out via a Mixcloud podcast the week after. We'll go back to the station in October (if they'll have us back) when we won't have to have the windows open.

Thanks, Matt. Had a chat with the landlord of my local which is also a music pub. We're going to do a show there at our regular time and he'll record it, then we'll put it out via a Mixcloud podcast the week after. We'll go back to the station in October (if they'll have us back) when we won't have to have the windows open.

Ah good news!

I know it's all relative, but it's not as scary or overtly expensive to get the gear you need to set up at home.

Great news on the solution 👍

Ah good news!

I know it's all relative, but it's not as scary or overtly expensive to get the gear you need to set up at home.

Great news on the solution 👍
Thanks, Matt. I'm a tech dunderhead so it's quite good when those in the know can help me out with that side of things. Our landlord is a fine soundman so I know I'm in safe hands there.

Genuine question for the gents (and ladies) of a certain age.

At what point do you start to feel the cold and require a t-shirt underneath your shirt as well as a coat on?

I've seen at least 4/5 elderly gentlemen dressed up like its winter.

Genuine question for the gents (and ladies) of a certain age.

At what point do you start to feel the cold and require a t-shirt underneath your shirt as well as a coat on?

I've seen at least 4/5 elderly gentlemen dressed up like its winter.
I was thinking the same this morning, I passed an older guy, had a coat, hat and gloves on. Hat I understood given the bright sunshine.

Back