• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A pleasant 24°c inside our house but around 34°c outside. I've finally won the battle with my wife that closing the curtains and the windows when the outside temperature is hotter than inside is the right way to go. It's only taken 9 years. Now i just need to start convincing my children aged 3 and 2. That might be another 9 years

For the windows that have the sun on them most of the day i've attached outdoor roller blinds so that the sun doesn't even touch the glass to start to begin warming it up. Only put up and used in really hot sunny weather
Would have stayed a nice and cool but the wife thought it was ok to open a window on the shady side of the house as wide as she could. 1 hour later and its now 27.5°c and muggy in the house.

After a day like today there’s nothing better than relaxing in the pool early evening before dinner. Such fun. If you look closely you can see me about to tip the young fella off his lilo; before he comes to his senses I’ll have finished his cocktail.

C407674A-499F-4F51-8D8A-5DC4AC5922B4.jpeg

Last edited:
1FBF08CF-DFC5-45FE-A904-E5340A87E58E.jpeg
Hit something on the road this morning that had been dropped on my way to work. An absolutely stressful morning. What feels like the longest day ever, home now and £166 lighter! Typical as well as it was a new tyre I’d recently replaced. Luckily I was round the corner from work.

Sky Go desktop

"CONNECTING YOUR APPLICATION

We're having problems connecting you. Please try again (001)"

The absolute dross that visit Southend from London.

The amount of rubbish left yesterday was obscene and several stabbings.

I saw a huge brawl outside McDonalds involving about 45 black youth. Trying to kick the front door in, attack staff and someone got stabbed I think.

Vile behaviour

Sky Go desktop

"CONNECTING YOUR APPLICATION

We're having problems connecting you. Please try again (001)"
Sky Go desktop is awful, hands down one of the worst 'mainstream' apps built on desktop.

I saw a huge brawl outside McDonalds involving about 45 black youth. Trying to kick the front door in, attack staff and someone got stabbed I think.

Vile behaviour

Really sad.

Vile behaviour
Shame the police didn't kettle them into a secure area until Sunday and then let them join the Mulberry walk a while after the others had finished........they could have joined just as the tide turned to incoming.

I take 10mg Cetirizine Hydrochloride Tablets available from most chemists, they are about the only thing that seems to work for me.
Will check out! Take nasal spray but avoid tablets as best ones make you drowsy!
Jab for me defo next year at whatever cost!

I take 10mg Cetirizine Hydrochloride Tablets available from most chemists, they are about the only thing that seems to work for me.
All I use these days is nasal spray and eye drops. Even on really bad weeks like this (when my son's eyes were so puffy he looked like he'd gone the distance with AJ) I don't need tablets anymore. Given how badly I used to get hay fever I'm very grateful.

Too late for this year. But I've found starting to eat local honey around jan/feb time helps. I have a teaspoon mixed in with my yoghurt every day. Helped a lot last year, barely took a tablet. This year hay-fever does seem particularly bad, I started taking some tablets as well a few weeks ago - but I'm barely sniffling and took to the tablets much later than rest of the family

Monthly work performance reviews.

Every year the management decide to update the goals and they roll out a fresh new rebrand of the way we should work. Be it called standards / values / objectives / behaviours whatever. Everytime they seem to think its the best thing since sliced bread but its actually the same values just rebranded and worded slightly differently.

To work in a job where you come in, do your job and go home and your performance review at the end of the year is a 5 minute conversation saying yep you've worked to the best of your ability. No form filling throughout the year, no 1 to 1s with your manager with awkward conversations about how you showing your working to the companies values.

Do such jobs exist

Too late for this year. But I've found starting to eat local honey around jan/feb time helps. I have a teaspoon mixed in with my yoghurt every day. Helped a lot last year, barely took a tablet. This year hay-fever does seem particularly bad, I started taking some tablets as well a few weeks ago - but I'm barely sniffling and took to the tablets much later than rest of the family
You do know there's no proof of that whatsoever? It's also something that is impossible to prove because you have no idea what it would be like if you didn't have.

That said, it's also possible it works as well as any placebo.

Monthly work performance reviews.

Every year the management decide to update the goals and they roll out a fresh new rebrand of the way we should work. Be it called standards / values / objectives / behaviours whatever. Everytime they seem to think its the best thing since sliced bread but its actually the same values just rebranded and worded slightly differently.

To work in a job where you come in, do your job and go home and your performance review at the end of the year is a 5 minute conversation saying yep you've worked to the best of your ability. No form filling throughout the year, no 1 to 1s with your manager with awkward conversations about how you showing your working to the companies values.

Do such jobs exist

One of the reasons I became a contractor.

I worked for a US investment bank and reviews were not just about how well you performed your job - they were about how much extra curricular stuff you did to get ahead.

As a contractor all you have to worry about is being renewed...and not being let go at a moments notice...or enforced rate cuts and/or furloughs...or falling ill...

Last edited:
Back