• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What is happening with the 30Million?

Homes England have responded that they have made no formal commitment of funding to the landowner.

I read that as there are still i's to dot and t's to cross.

But it could be they've made a formal funding commitment to someone other than the landowner. They've made informal offers. They've never heard of the scheme. Or something else - answers on a postcard.

You seem to know more about the planning and funding process than I do, the council gave the approval a couple of months ago. It all seems to be taking a long time.

Well that is opposite to what the Echo printed, Maybe they are waiting for full planning etc to be passed. Odd though even still.

So the council planning approval wasn't the final stage in the process? Who does it go too next?

You seem to know more about the planning and funding process than I do, the council gave the approval a couple of months ago. It all seems to be taking a long time.

The council cannot formally give, or refuse, planning permission until 21 days after the SoS acknowledges the referral. If he doesn't call it in, the council can then proceed to give the permission. If he calls it in, then we have to go through a process where a planning inspector will make a final decision after holding an inquiry.

The council cannot formally give, or refuse, planning permission until 21 days after the SoS acknowledges the referral. If he doesn't call it in, the council can then proceed to give the permission. If he calls it in, then we have to go through a process where a planning inspector will make a final decision after holding an inquiry.

It really does sound like the same old same old :(

It really does sound like the same old same old :(

The wheels of bureaucracy move very slowly. As others have said though, due to the previous planning inspectors decision, I'm optimistic this won't be called in and the council can formally issue planning permission.

Hopefully the Homes England loan is linked to the formal planning permission and then that falls into place shortly thereafter.

I think we're closer to a new stadium than we've been since 2008(ish) - maybe even closer.

The wheels of bureaucracy move very slowly. As others have said though, due to the previous planning inspectors decision, I'm optimistic this won't be called in and the council can formally issue planning permission.

Hopefully the Homes England loan is linked to the formal planning permission and then that falls into place shortly thereafter.

I think we're closer to a new stadium than we've been since 2008(ish) - maybe even closer.

Thanks for the update, you obvioisly know more than I do.

I don't know anything about the rules surrounding the Homes England loan if and when it arrives but surely it can't be used to directly finance the football club? What I'm saying is, I can't see how the loan will get us out of our latest spot of bother. Using a government loan to pay off a government tax bill seems a bit unlikely..

I don't know anything about the rules surrounding the Homes England loan if and when it arrives but surely it can't be used to directly finance the football club? What I'm saying is, I can't see how the loan will get us out of our latest spot of bother. Using a government loan to pay off a government tax bill seems a bit unlikely..
It won’t. It is also likely to be at a higher rate that he could (or in his case, maybe couldn’t) get elsewhere

I think it is likely that the loan will be drawn down in instalments based on the value of materials and labour on site, rather than in one lump sum.

This wouldn't usually leave much scope for using the loan for any other purpose. However, with our leaders creative accountancy skills, anything is possible,

I think it’s straight forward to get the suppliers of a couple of midfielders and a left sided centre back to change the invoices to bricks and cement. Presumably too an element of the money is ‘sausage and mash’ to keep the site running smoothly and get best value for money in a tax efficient way.

I think it’s straight forward to get the suppliers of a couple of midfielders and a left sided centre back to change the invoices to bricks and cement. Presumably too an element of the money is ‘sausage and mash’ to keep the site running smoothly and get best value for money in a tax efficient way.
The invoice should be for a bus, so we can park it.

Back