• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

Yesterday was definitely a "feel good" day with the RAF celebrations and the successful conclusion to the Thai cave boys rescue. Let's hope today has an equal "feel good" factor about it!

Off to Goodwood tomorrow with my Dad and picking up my bike after not having it for 9 months.

Anyone else follow Jason Manford on FB? His absolutely brilliant #charityninjas is a thing to make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside...

Absolutely smashed my 5k time I set last week of the route round here by nearly 3 minutes.

My phone crashed which would think would have peed me off, but after a factory reset and wipe, the thing runs so much better and the battery lasts so much longer.

Absolutely smashed my 5k time I set last week of the route round here by nearly 3 minutes.
What was your time? I love 5k - it's the perfect distance for me. My wife and brother both run 10k far quicker than me, but my 5k PB is better than both of theirs!

I did it in 27.10 when I first got here and did a 24.24. When I’m my prime I would do sub 20 minutes but now I’m 32 and think that might be a struggle.

I did it in 27.10 when I first got here and did a 24.24. When I’m my prime I would do sub 20 minutes but now I’m 32 and think that might be a struggle.
Good work. Sub 20 is very impressive whatever your age, I think. I didn't start running until I was 44 so I can only dream of achieving such times!

I've got an injury which means that my running days are probably behind me, but I used to do a 5K in about 25m. I've got a mate, 47, who can do a 5K Parkrun in under 18m and frequently comes first and beats the youngsters. :Stunned:

I've got an injury which means that my running days are probably behind me, but I used to do a 5K in about 25m. I've got a mate, 47, who can do a 5K Parkrun in under 18m and frequently comes first and beats the youngsters. :Stunned:
The Southend Park Run record is 14 minutes something, but that was set by Adam Hickey, one of Essex's top ranked 5k and 10k runners. Sub 18 at 47 is amazing. I'm slowly getting my PB down, recently ran sub-23 but I'll be surprised if I ever get under 22. I have to be careful with injuries - my knees just can't take much more!

The Southend Park Run record is 14 minutes something, but that was set by Adam Hickey, one of Essex's top ranked 5k and 10k runners. Sub 18 at 47 is amazing. I'm slowly getting my PB down, recently ran sub-23 but I'll be surprised if I ever get under 22. I have to be careful with injuries - my knees just can't take much more!

He's from Rayleigh so not sure which one he does but he's an incredible runner for his advanced years.

Edit: Just googled it and it's Hockley Woods.

He's from Rayleigh so not sure which one he does but he's an incredible runner for his advanced years.

Edit: Just googled it and it's Hockley Woods.
That makes his time even more impressive - I've checked out the Hockley Woods course and it's quite hard going with a few uphill sections.

Never to late to start running, I need to get down to my local park run. I think my best park run time was 19.40. I’d love to get near to that time again. Unfortunately I’ve piled on a load of weight and found out as soon as you turn 30 trying to drop that weight is easier said than done. Plus I love food too much! But I aim to be close to 20 minutes by the end of the year. Then I’ll work on my 10k and get that to around 45 minutes. I think my 10k Pb is 41.30.

Back