• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

The bloke who bought my great uncle's medals (see What has hacked you off today) has agreed to sell them on to me at the same price he paid.

There are some nice people out there.

Have a colleague who is a right moaner so I put his name forward to attend a conference in Birmingham in a couple of weeks' time with a team member he can't stand. Can't wait to see his reaction when he finds out he has to get there for 9am:ROFL:

Blimey I wish I was paid like the legal profession Yorkie......!

Like many professions not all roles are well paid.

I am just about to return to working for an investment bank. The average salary is high but then again so is the average salary at Man Utd.

Blimey I wish I was paid like the legal profession Yorkie......!

Er, none of the team I manage are legal professionals.

But also what Cyril said. Think back to the last time to you moved house - I bet you paid more in estate agency fees than you did in legal fees. Or think back to the last time you were arrested - the duty solicitor was probably earning less than the plumber who removed your fridge.

Er, none of the team I manage are legal professionals.

But also what Cyril said. Think back to the last time to you moved house - I bet you paid more in estate agency fees than you did in legal fees. Or think back to the last time you were arrested - the duty solicitor was probably earning less than the plumber who removed your fridge.

Really? I doubt it - unless you live in a half a million pound house or more! Certainly around our part of Essex, normal estate agents' fees are 1%. Ok, I didn't pay fees on our house sale - a huge perk of working where I do - but our legal fees were more than the 1% I would have paid.

Really? I doubt it - unless you live in a half a million pound house or more! Certainly around our part of Essex, normal estate agents' fees are 1%. Ok, I didn't pay fees on our house sale - a huge perk of working where I do - but our legal fees were more than the 1% I would have paid.

1% is still quite high when many houses sell themselves.

Where does the money go, shiny suits?

1% is still quite high when many houses sell themselves.

Where does the money go, shiny suits?

Lol, not one shiny suit in our office, we employ people generally, with life experience, so more mature and less shiny suits! In our case, it'll be overheads - office rent, wages etc. To be the best in the area, you need to employ good people and keep standards high.

When I sold my previous house, I paid the estate agent £2.5K (1%), the legal fees for buying & selling where (I think) less than half of that.

I've just booked ballet tickets for me & MK Jnr to see the Nutcracker in London whilst Mrs MK is on the lash. Not sure if I'm mad or a good dad.

Back