• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

Gig last night, our drummer forgot the snare stand (She's totally dizzy at times but love her to bits!) So putting my Blue Peter skills to the max, I made one (stand, not drummer) from a bar stool, 6 drum sticks and duck tape. One relieved and happy drummer!

Had the chain saw and splitter axe in play and I now have an overflowing wood pile ready for the wood burner. All very macho stuff!

You won't see Liam Ridgewell in a Blues shirt again......

Picking up a bath from a supplier.
images

Sorting out some of heaps of old rubbish in the family home loft, & found a box of Beswick pottery Birds, which my late estranged wife had put up there.
They were wrapped in 1994 Evening Echo newspaper, we were still 'an item' then, i dont remember us having them, think they were her Nan & Granddads.
Anyway looked up the value on a web site called Antiques Atlas, & their total worth is around £400!
Would be quite happy receiving half that amount for them, but where do i take them?.
Dont do E-Bay, thought of Battlesbridge Antiques centre?.
Anyone on here sold things over there?.

Yep, think their commission is around 20pct on sales / purchases. Staceys hold regular free valuation days, probably a couple coming up soon, but there's no commitment to listing your item(s) with them. I've bought many items at their auctions over the years, as MG says, they very professional also nice people to deal with..

Sorting out some of heaps of old rubbish in the family home loft, & found a box of Beswick pottery Birds, which my late estranged wife had put up there.
They were wrapped in 1994 Evening Echo newspaper, we were still 'an item' then, i dont remember us having them, think they were her Nan & Granddads.
Anyway looked up the value on a web site called Antiques Atlas, & their total worth is around £400!
Would be quite happy receiving half that amount for them, but where do i take them?.
Dont do E-Bay, thought of Battlesbridge Antiques centre?.
Anyone on here sold things over there?.

Yes, definitely go to Staceys, they were brilliant when I had a few bits to sell.

Had another builder in to tidy up something and i've been calling him Graham all day. Turns out his name if Frank. :ROFL:

Back