• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

Why not just pay the staff more rather than a bonus?
Most Greggs staff are receiving Universal Credit, and so the bonus is really just a donation to the government.

Not blaming Greggs per se, but the system is ****ed. Apologies if this is too close to being political.

Nigerian guy from Harlow, interested in buying a leather brogue pair of unworn Golf shoes with spikes off me. I offered him £5 off due to petrol if he came to Leigh to get them. He then offered me £15 to drive to Harlow instead!. Agreed a price, went this morning, he turned up & gave me £10 more than we'd agreed on. Happy days!.

Most Greggs staff are receiving Universal Credit, and so the bonus is really just a donation to the government.

Not blaming Greggs per se, but the system is ****ed. Apologies if this is too close to being political.
Without wanting to be too political either Pubey make you 100 % right

As are a lot of staff in many industries besides retail, and those industries (Amazon?.) Do not appear to be passing on benefits to their lowest staff or paying their true taxes. It is easy to be negative but changes often start in small, slow movements.
The HUGE disparity between shop floor workers and boardroom people ought to be a national social rallying point but with MPs claiming more in daily food "expenses" than a worker can earn in a day's hard graft it isn't going to change much ks it.
#politicsrearsitsheadonshrimperzone

Reflecting on a fun-filled weekend with friends and family. It has been difficult returning to work by nature of how wonderful Christmas was and the contrast of that versus the realisation of the return of the day-to-day!

Timothy Taylor Pubs: there is a piece in weekend telegraph about how foul language, mobile phones, kindles, musac, and cards?other forms of payment (cash only) are banned making them more community and social places on top of serving better than average proper beer.
I have been in a few "up north" and would really be pleased if one could be opened in Southend or Rochford.
And they are dog friendly too.

Timothy Taylor Pubs: there is a piece in weekend telegraph about how foul language, mobile phones, kindles, musac, and cards?other forms of payment (cash only) are banned making them more community and social places on top of serving better than average proper beer.
I have been in a few "up north" and would really be pleased if one could be opened in Southend or Rochford.

They sound terrible and a bit snobby.

Think that's Sam Smith pubs rather Timmy Taylor pubs.

And it all sounds a bit Amish to me.

Used to drink in 2 in Whitby, when on fishing trips up there. The Jolly Sailors & one down Baxtergate.
They stopped music in them, around 15 years ago, & only sell Sam Smith beers & spirits.
Always enjoyed their Bitter & stronger Lager ( not together! ), & were so much cheaper than other branded pubs.

And it all sounds a bit Amish to me.
Had never heard of Sam Smith until recently when working in Leeds.
Apparently He can walk from Hull to Manchester without stepping foot off his land.
Wouldn't mind being a pound behind him!

Back